bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 22, 11 2:08 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights

[Post New]by doctorgood on Mar 22, 11 3:37 AM
.............................Comment
I have had diseases I enjoyed more than this . . . game.
Dr.good
p.s. is there some reason Aladdin is spelled with only one "D"? Is it a European thing or???

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 3:45:48 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 22, 11 4:48 AM
Two Hd0 games today. Both are really bad. No buy

A message to Doctorgood:
In Germany we write "Aladin" (with only one "d"). Maybe HdO is a german developer? I don`t know.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Mar 22, 11 6:57 AM
The third time I got the message too slow you have to start over, I quit and deleted the game. How irritating is that? When you find an object the cursor won't necessarily let you pick it up the first time. So no matter how fast I clicked I was too slow because I'd click and the item was still there. 30 seconds to do a hidden object scene is ridiculous. I lasted 4 minutes in this game. I may have enjoyed it except for that. I really can't say. It should be a good game for all you people who can finish a 5 hour game in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Mar 22, 11 6:57 AM
I hate to say this but I didnt even try this game for more than a few minutes. I saw that it was near exactly the same as todays TGT and that one was so bad I only played a few minutes of this one as it seemed near the same.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 22, 11 7:06 AM
Strange - in the game title, including within the game, it is spelled "Aladin" with one "d." WIthin the game, however, it is spelled "Aladdin" with TWO "D's."

This game is also by Hdo Adventures, just like today's TGT, "FBI: Paranormal Case." In fact, it is EXACTLY like that game in style, graphics, and gameplay, so if you hate one, you'll hate the other.

But if you like one, you will probably like the other, so give both a try. I'm not going to give another long-winded review, so if you want to know about the gameplay on this game, check out my review of "FBI: Paranormal Case" in that forum on the first page of the "Comments and Reviews" thread. The only difference I found so far is that in "Aladin" the tutorial said there is a click penalty, and the screen will go dark if you overclick.

Happy gaming to those who like the game!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 22, 11 7:18 AM
I thank you all for summing up nicely 'both games' in one forum! That's enough for me folks. Won't be downloading either of them. Cheers

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Mar 22, 11 8:04 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:Two Hd0 games today. Both are really bad. No buy

A message to Doctorgood:
In Germany we write "Aladin" (with only one "d"). Maybe HdO is a german developer? I don`t know.

Thanks, I thought that might have been the answer.
Dr.good

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Mar 22, 11 8:08 AM
hydrogibbon wrote:The third time I got the message too slow you have to start over, I quit and deleted the game. How irritating is that? When you find an object the cursor won't necessarily let you pick it up the first time. So no matter how fast I clicked I was too slow because I'd click and the item was still there. 30 seconds to do a hidden object scene is ridiculous. I lasted 4 minutes in this game. I may have enjoyed it except for that. I really can't say. It should be a good game for all you people who can finish a 5 hour game in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

That's a good one!!!
Thanks!
Dr.good

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Mar 22, 11 8:58 AM
The artwork is quite nice...

but like hydrogibbon said.....30 seconds for a HOG scene is just ridiculous...
I went back and changed my options to untimed mode
which at least meant that i progressed.....
nothing particularly wrong with the game
except it is SO old fashioned
Please don't tell me is it a new one?
I might have been excited by it 15 years ago

I've done 20 minutes so far...definitely won't be buying
not even if it were a DD

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 22, 11 9:39 AM
cme550 wrote:I hate to say this but I didnt even try this game for more than a few minutes. I saw that it was near exactly the same as todays TGT and that one was so bad I only played a few minutes of this one as it seemed near the same.

me too cme...but at least they each have a form now

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 22, 11 9:43 AM
cme550 wrote:I hate to say this but I didnt even try this game for more than a few minutes. I saw that it was near exactly the same as todays TGT and that one was so bad I only played a few minutes of this one as it seemed near the same.

Me too!!

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Mar 22, 11 10:04 AM
BFG you can't be serious! Two HdO games in one day?
Is anyone really buying this stuff?
I can't believe it!
And as I said in the "FBI"-thread: Please put the developers name on the download page, it would save us a lot of time and bandwidth.

[Post New]by puglette404 on Mar 22, 11 10:42 AM
This is another HdO game and another "no buy" for me. HdO is a French developer from what I have read elsewhere. All of the games seem to have the same gameplay and controls. The artwork is fine, but I truly hate the HdO controls. It is so difficult to play the puzzles and minigames. I will not buy another HdO game again. I have tried them several times and the format is always the same.

Please, Big Fish game buyers- Do not buy these games ever again! At least until the developers at HdO learn some new tricks.
Thank you,
Puglette

kpacoma
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kpacoma on Mar 22, 11 11:55 AM
Which is again a simple search of objects on the stage? NO!! I want fun games! Not so stupid!

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 22, 11 12:10 PM
hydrogibbon wrote:The third time I got the message too slow you have to start over, I quit and deleted the game. How irritating is that? When you find an object the cursor won't necessarily let you pick it up the first time. So no matter how fast I clicked I was too slow because I'd click and the item was still there. 30 seconds to do a hidden object scene is ridiculous. I lasted 4 minutes in this game. I may have enjoyed it except for that. I really can't say. It should be a good game for all you people who can finish a 5 hour game in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

There isn't a timer if you play in Standard mode, so why don't you just switch to that?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 22, 11 12:14 PM
kpacoma wrote:Which is again a simple search of objects on the stage? NO!! I want fun games! Not so stupid!

I don't want to sound disrespectful, but you pretty much defined what a Hidden Object Game IS. You may want to look at other types of games like Adventure or iHOG (Interactive Hidden Object Games). A straight HOG is, by definition, just a bunch of simple searches for objects, so if you don't like to search for hidden objects the whole HOG genre of games will not be fun for you.

Nolaj
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Nolaj on Mar 22, 11 12:29 PM
I did about 5 minutes and that was enough for me. I am really spoiled with the good ones now.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 22, 11 12:38 PM
I already got annoyed when I read the title. The name is Aladdin and not Aladin and what is a 'wonderful lamp'? Even though, I decided to give it a shot. What a pain to even get into the game, took me a couple of minutes to figure that out. When I finally got there, I found out that Aladdin lived in the Far East. Nope, he didn't...Middle East...Baghdad to be precise. Far East are places like China, Japan, etc.
I played it for a few minutes. The music is dire, I just really hated the game play with and I sincerely hope that this is not some new generation of HOG's. Because if it is, then I will quit playing them. I usually make up my mind pretty quick whether it's a buy or not for me, but I usually always play the full free hour. In this case, however, I stopped half way through the second scene (the market).
@ Eisteepfirsich: I just looked it up. I have two books with the 1001 Stories. Aladdin is spelled in both of them with two d's. So it's not the German way of spelling, it's just plainly the wrong way of spelling.
I second doctorgood as I also had diseases I enjoyed more.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Mar 22, 11 1:03 PM
I seem to have a different opinion of this game than other people. I like it ,in fact I bought it and am really enjoying it. Yes, I agree it's not all that exciting or challenging but I enjoy the story and find that I want to keep going to find what happens next. It is one of those games that you can just relax with and not have to think about 10 things at once. If you like more complicated interactive games, this probably isn't for you, but if you like something simpler this may just be up your ally.

Go to: