Vaund
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Why am I getting this error message?

[Post New]by Vaund on Mar 22, 11 7:37 AM
Have downloaded and installed Nanny 911 but I cannot get the game to start.
I keep getting the error message

Error:Access violation at 0xFFFF0138

I have configured my firewall etc and it is still appearing everytime I try to play the game.

bfgImbrium
4,236 Posts

Re:Why am I getting this error message?

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 23, 11 6:37 AM
Hi Vaund,

Welcome to the pond!

If the issue is occurring before the game even starts, you are right to check your firewall settings as detailed in the help page article below:

Access Violation

However if you still continue to experience difficulties, I can also suggest contacting Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

I'm also going to pop this thread over in to the Nanny 911 game forum

This discussion can be continued here .

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by kmking on May 21, 11 3:35 PM
Did you figure out what was wrong? I am having the same issue. Is there a way to get my money back if I can not play the game?

luluina
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by luluina on Jul 16, 11 9:23 PM
I am also having the same problem...PLEASE HELP

[Post New]by jenlee21 on Jul 20, 11 12:23 PM
Iam having same problem plz help.

bfgHondo
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 20, 11 1:49 PM
Hi luluina and jenlee21!

If you're still having troubles with this after completing all of the steps in the 'Access Violation ' help article, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance.

You can click on the blue words for more info.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by FlipFlopsChels on Aug 13, 11 10:09 PM
Just tonight I also downloaded this game and am having the same issues as the people noted 3 months ago, obviously this seems to be an issue on your guy's part and not on the people buying the games part. PLEASE FIX THE ISSUE OR ELSE I WOULD LIKE MY MONEY BACK!!

[Post New]by willow21 on Oct 22, 11 11:07 PM
I have the same problem. I have tried everything suggested and it still will not work.

Why am I getting this error message?

[Post New]by DetestingMonday on Nov 2, 11 2:20 PM
Vaund wrote:Have downloaded and installed Nanny 911 but I cannot get the game to start.
I keep getting the error message

Error:Access violation at 0xFFFF0138

I have configured my firewall etc and it is still appearing everytime I try to play the game.

I too am having the same problem and i've done everything suggested....anyone know anything?

[Post New]by Gelainee on Nov 12, 11 8:17 AM
FYI - I was having problems with Roads of Rome playing slowly, so I set compatibility to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 2)," among other things. As soon as I did this, (my OS is Vista) I began getting access violation messages. When I changed it back by unchecking the box by Windows XP compatibility mode, the error message stopped & the game loaded.

bfgArnoStyx
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 12, 11 10:00 AM
Hello folks,

If you are continuing to receive an Access Violation error message, please take a look at the following help article:

Access Violation

If the steps outlined in this help article do not help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can assist you with this issue. They have the best resources and information to resolve any technical issues you come across with your games. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by littlmommanc28 on Mar 25, 12 10:36 PM
I have done eveything that was mentioned to do, but still not working, The game actually starts for me and right after I picked a nanny the access violation thing popped up. Ive done everything that is metioned to do but still not working, not sure what the problem is.

Go to: