bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any The Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 23, 11 2:00 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 2:59:42 PM PST

Catrin72
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

Re:Post any The Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by Catrin72 on Mar 23, 11 2:42 AM
Couldn't even get the game to open.
Received an error message of:

~ Couldn't adjust screen resolution ~
possibly
~ Screen Resolution not Supported ~

I don't remember at this point.

Then I was looking at the game manager and if I tried to open the game again or play a different one, the message was there is already a game running and there isn't.

So I had to restart the computer.
I did this sequence twice.

Gave up and deleted the game.

Thank goodness for the free trial!

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 with ATI Radeon HD 4650, Intel Duo Core2, running Windows 7.
I'm using an External Hard Drive HP Simple Save for my games.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Catrin

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on Mar 23, 11 2:47 AM
WHOA ! whole screen shook..........no picture or sound,had to restart computer.Don't think I'll bother reinstalling after poor reviews.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 23, 11 2:56 AM
1) The opening animation was slow and jerky.

2) There was no sound at all.

3) And when I tried to search for a scroll with the ingredients for a potion to summon a mermaid, not only was there no scroll anywhere, but there was no way to open any other areas on screen and search for hidden objects, nor could I leave and go elsewhere.

All this, coupled with very poor English, which I found grating. ("The king BESEECH his queen"? "Revenge IF is mine"? And since when is a chariot the same thing as a coach?)

Definitely NOT buying this one.

[Post New]by ladybug4495 on Mar 23, 11 4:10 AM
nwr1948x wrote:WHOA ! whole screen shook..........no picture or sound,had to restart computer.Don't think I'll bother reinstalling after poor reviews.

I too had same problem. Restarted computer twice with same problem. Finally gave up and deleted game. Afraid to reload game again.

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Mar 23, 11 6:49 AM
When I opened the game, it took forever to load and the screen just froze. The task manager said "not responding". I exited and tried it again and the same thing happened. I am running windows 7 and all flash players etc, are the newest version. Don't know what is up with this game, but have used up 5 minutes and have only seen the title screen. Definitely deleting and not reinstalling.

[Post New]by Madmae on Mar 23, 11 7:08 AM
game loaded just fine but no sound even after I made sure that it wasn't muted on the options screen.

luvgames77
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by luvgames77 on Mar 23, 11 7:25 AM
I too have no sound. I will be un-installing

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Mar 23, 11 7:35 AM
No sound. Game was very slow. I was worried that my computer was going to crash.

kimflight
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kimflight on Mar 23, 11 7:40 AM
I had no sound. As an experiment I adjusted the music volume and, voila, I had sound. Try it and see if it works for you.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Mar 23, 11 7:41 AM
nwr1948x wrote:WHOA ! whole screen shook..........no picture or sound,had to restart computer.Don't think I'll bother reinstalling after poor reviews.

[b] Same problems here. No sound either. Uninstalled, reinstalled with different profile, still no sound. Definitely not worth the aggravation. This is going right into the trash bin,

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 7:42:37 AM PST

grma61
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by grma61 on Mar 23, 11 8:15 AM
No sound after i fixed the sound option I downloaded again and still no sound. Game looks interesting but cant play without sound?? Please fix if you can.

After i downloaded again, I got the sound after i put an x in the music options not a check mark. Game works but still not a buy for me because it is very slow moving.

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 9:17:50 AM PST

DIKIDI
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by DIKIDI on Mar 23, 11 8:16 AM
Huge problem when I got to the "Soul Tree". In two successive **** scenes there was one object that absolutely could not be picked up. In the first (the Owl Gate) it was a feather. Even though I clicked on every pixel of the feather it just would not release, but I was able to move on and solve the puzzle anyway. However in the "Second Gate", one piece of the chain could not be picked up and you absolutely cannot move on until it is. Boooooooo!

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Mar 23, 11 8:16 AM
Oh My!!! Poor computer (that has just been totally updated) flashed in and out. No picture no sound - just the flashing. Had to restart computer, then deleted game. What is the 'magic' that others can even get it up!??
The game is 'dead' for me.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Mar 23, 11 8:30 AM
kimflight wrote:I had no sound. As an experiment I adjusted the music volume and, voila, I had sound. Try it and see if it works for you.

Same for me - had to access the sound/music button - adjusted it and then the music came on.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Mar 23, 11 8:36 AM
After finding the rooster feathers and giving the rooster to the key holder, I could not take the key. I had to back out to the main menu and then re-enter the game before I could take it.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Mar 23, 11 9:14 AM
Could not open the game neither. A window, title: Display Change Failed, popped up and the text read: The specified mode is not supported by this device.
Had to restart my computer, deleted the game, downloaded and tried to open again with the same effects!
Hope someone can help?
Happy gaming, fishies!

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Mar 23, 11 9:16 AM
This game loaded ok and the Princess is very lovely and her graphic figure shines bright along with the curser. The rest of the screen is black and I am unable to see the items for the potion or the cup to catch some honey.
Shame as it looks like a good story line on this game.
In the bin it goes. Bin getting very full of non playable games.
CS have told me that my graphic card is very limited.
Enjoy those who can
lol
Hazel

eschmeck
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by eschmeck on Mar 23, 11 9:55 AM
allielubaka wrote:Oh My!!! Poor computer (that has just been totally updated) flashed in and out. No picture no sound - just the flashing. Had to restart computer, then deleted game. What is the 'magic' that others can even get it up!??
The game is 'dead' for me.

That's exactly what mine did. When I tried to launch, the screen would flash between my desktop background and a black screen until I brought up the Task Manager and stopped it. I'm on a Win7Pro machine with all the latest drivers, etc.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 23, 11 10:08 AM
For all those people who had no sound:

I had no sound in the beginning either. A couple of scenes into the game...the sound came on by itself....

Go to: