bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Flower Mania

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 23, 11 2:03 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Flower Mania? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Flower Mania

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 23, 11 6:51 AM
I have tried the trialtime, but I don`t like this game - I don`t like that you need to play with your mouse and with your keyboard too. The gameidea is just okay. No buy for me

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Mar 23, 11 8:06 AM
I have to agree, I don't care for it at all.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Mar 23, 11 8:50 AM
This could have been a nice game. The idea of placing the blocks is a fresh and interesting one. However, like earlier commeters, I do not enjoy playing two-handed, and this is made much worse by the fast and non-optional timer that punishes you every time you get your controls confused (which I did fairly regularly). Not one for me.

txtabby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by txtabby on Mar 23, 11 9:33 AM
I tried to play and it wouldn't let me use the keyboard so I switched it to mouse scroll and that worked but it was too difficult to manipulate the blocks and place them so no go. I'm so ready for a new really good m3 game.

[Post New]by Arilea on Mar 23, 11 10:16 AM
Quite addictive and the animations are lovely. Loved it!

[Post New]by shiny124 on Mar 23, 11 10:28 AM
I thought it was a good game and I didn't mind having to use both the keyboard and mouse to control the play.

What irritated me were all the spelling mistakes and poor use of grammar. Words like "cicle" and "aceppt" and phrases such as "game mechanics" detract from the fun.

A great idea but a bit more proof-checking needed in the beta stage I think.

Sierraspun
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Sierraspun on Mar 23, 11 11:23 AM
I couldn't play this game. The instructions were sketchy and not clear, and after trying for several minutes to figure out what I was supposed to do, I gave up and uninstalled the game.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Mar 23, 11 5:50 PM
I can't give a review or opinion of this game as I couldn't get through the tutorial...............when trying to place the blocks when I hit the space bar..................nothing. Tried time and time again, so 4 minutes later........uninstalled never to be played again.
To those of you who could play and liked it..........good going.

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Mar 23, 11 7:58 PM
I was confused by instructions in the beginning of the game And the graphics are so-so. Still waiting for a good game...

shelleyleo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by shelleyleo on Mar 24, 11 10:10 AM
Add me to the "no" crowd. I figured out the tutorial (when they give you stuff already on the board, in general they want you to overlay the active block onto it in some way - match exactly, cross-match so the two existing ones get matched by adding in the active block, etc) but as others have said, the concept with mouse and keyboard simultaneously was too offputting. Additionally - and this may just be me, but my mouse moved around the placement squares *way* too fast. A lot faster than my normal mouse speed (perhaps because the game is in a much different resolution and my mouse travels that many pixels in normal operation without covering a quarter of the screen even...maybe) and I kept misplacing items when I meant to rotate the block or shuffle the bits on the same axis...just too much to keep track of while a timer is going. I passed about 3 levels before uninstalling.

Seriously - my fastest ever decision outright to uninstall during a trial. I usually give a game at least a half-hour to move past the learning curve stage...there was not way I was going to make it to that point on this game. Similar games have been done before with much better controls. Even making it a keyboard only or mouse only control option - or maybe assignable controls? Any of those would have made it a much better game to get a handle on.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Mar 26, 11 7:01 AM
Only took me 3 minutes to dump this one. Really did not like having to use both keyboard and mouse. Also really awful music. Seriously devs, what is the deal with the terrible music?

Lesboop
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Lesboop on Mar 29, 11 5:17 AM
It seems that the majority is in agreement here.

When I first downloaded and started the game, my first thought when I saw the graphics was that this was geared more to the kids. However, since Match 3 games are one of my favs, I thought I'd give it a try.

As with many others, when I'm playing a game, I prefer to use one or the other...mouse or keyboard. Mouse being first preference of course. After all, us computer couch potatoes want to move as few body parts as possible, lol.

Alright, now, IF, I had been able to get through even the tutorial, I would really have liked to rate this one. No matter what action i took to place those squares on the board so they would stay, well, let's just say that superglue probably would have been more effective in this case. I'm sure this is probably a bug that needs to be looked at. Unfortunately, when I get a game that tanks before the first 5 or 10 minutes, it's usually a pretty good sign that I need to dump that game. I've learned over the years to trust my gut, lol.

So consider mine dumped!

For those of you that were fortunate enough to get through their game, kudos to you my friends. I hope you enjoy the game very much.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 29, 11 9:31 PM
For those who don't like playing with the keyboard, you CAN change the controls... maybe make the mouse scroll the "circle" control and left click to place (with right click to rotate)... you can access the control menu from the "escape" menu.

That said, this is definately... different. There are 3 modes of play and ALL are timed. In the "normal" mode, you just need to make a certain number of matches to progress. In "moasic" mode, you need to make a color coded match over the squares that are colored. For instance, if the block is yellow, you need to match 3 yellow flowers over that block to clear it. You can place non yellow flowers over the yellow block but you can't progress until a yellow match is made there (and all the color blocks are gone). I didn't try "panic" mode but from the instructions (from the escape menu) it looks like you make as many matches as you can in the time allowed... i.e. no real goal? just a time limit.

So, there looks to be a LOT of game play here (I'd probably change my control settings as described above), but I'm going to pass on this one. There is no story and no motivation given to play this... not even a flimsy story... There are no trophies, goals, or garden to build or any other reason to play. It doesn't even keep high scores... nothing!

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Apr 2, 11 4:43 AM
I lasted 15 minutes before I dumped it.

[Post New]by FLAMEonfire on Apr 21, 11 11:04 PM
OK, Maybe I like the punishment but I thought this game was cool! When I first saw the game [like others before me] I thought it was meant for children. The graphics aren't that nice, there are a lot of misspelled words in the intro - But because you have to use 2 hands to play the game AND keep in mind what you're trying to accomplish - The game is a really challenge!! And I do like a challenge!!

Each mode is a little different from the other. So as you change modes you have to make sure you're going for the correct thing To Win because it changes. If you're in Game 2 and you're playing to win - as if you were playing in game 1 - you're going to run out your timer and fail. Now put that together with what each hand and mouse button does and man you have a real hot game!

This is NOT you're play to waste some time match 3 game! This is a 'Jewel Quest' kind of make me crazy type of game...I guess I'm just that crazy kind of gal! I bought it!

This is a Buy for me!

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on May 1, 11 5:46 AM
A no buy for me. I lasted 3 minutes through the tutorial. That's when I found out you have to use both the mouse and the keyboard. Which might have been okay since I was curious about the concept but I could not get the keyboard part to work for me.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on May 23, 11 12:29 PM
A different take on a M3. Like the idea, but hated that I have to use my space bar to "set" the flowers, while I used my mouse to move the flowers within there 3 bar.

This game is a C.

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Jun 14, 11 10:59 AM
I agree with Flame. I like the game. If you like to play Chess you'll enjoy this game.
You have to plan your moves and have two or three moves in mind. This is far from your everyday M3 game.
I kinda like the idea of interacting with my mouse and keyboard. It's different and because it is not your usual M3 redundant click,click,click I doubt I'll be nodding off.
I wait and use and use my credits for the unusual. I like games which make you work and this one fits that description.
Flower Mania is a keeper for me.

Squatchit
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Squatchit on Jun 26, 11 8:12 AM
As a professional company, I'm surprised Big Fish are happy to sell this one.

The spelling mistakes are atrocious and the instructions worse than useless.

Big thumbs down from me.

Go to: