bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 23, 11 2:19 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of The Curse of the Thirty Denarii? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 1:37:18 AM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

[Post New]by Mairwen on Mar 23, 11 8:02 PM
Short game! I played the entire game in the hour demo, in untimed mode. I only skipped one puzzle. Don't waste a credit!

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Mar 24, 11 5:59 AM
Totally agree - completed in the hour demo. Come on BFG give us some proper games that we can get our teeth into and make some (me) brains work. We seem to be having a lot of HDO games lately and most of them can be completed in the hour.

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 6:20:01 AM PST

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 25, 11 12:54 AM
this is the first time I have had a problem with a game... I am trying the demo and have got as far as a cave with a shepherd boy searching for floral decorations ( for some reason ).. I cannot find the last flower thing and I have clicked and clicked the area indicated by the "Hint" on the left side but nothing happens.....glad it is just the demo if I get further I will get back !!

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 25, 11 1:35 PM
Tried again does not work... hey is there anyone out there ???. no comments or reviews for this game.....

zowaar
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by zowaar on Mar 25, 11 3:19 PM
Kelsie, try moving the screen by clicking your mouse and holding it, then move from left to right.

Agree with other respondents: way too short game. Don't waste your money!

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 26, 11 12:23 AM
Hi Zowaar.. DER.. how could I have been so dumb.. I guess I was already irritated
By the game and was not trying too hard I will finish demo now but..
thanks for your help

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 26, 11 1:09 AM
Agree too easy and too short and not what I expected sorry BF this is not the quality of games I am used too or expect will not buy.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Mar 28, 11 12:14 PM
Bit of a strange game - more like an interactive comic. The whole thing made me think of Tintin and Captain Haddock. Hidden objects weren't that difficult to find, but the whole comic book thing didn't work for me, but I'm sure there are some that will love it.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Mar 29, 11 12:02 AM
I Detest HDO games. Why so many in a row. I won't even bother to Demo them. Sub par IMO.

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Mar 29, 11 12:05 AM
I am very disappointed with BFG. Generally, I don't comment on the company in general - but this really has me irritated.

The games produced by the company who does this HOGS are poor quality, boring, and repetitive. Not even just repetitive within the game, but from game to game.

If you've made some sort of deal with them, get out of it. Start offering games from other designers, please. I will not, ever, waste my money on this garbage.

[Post New]by puglette404 on Mar 29, 11 12:06 AM
Another game from HdO! That is all I have to say, no buy.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Mar 29, 11 12:08 AM
And another HdO game I won't even try!

BTW, if this the TGT why are there posts from last wednesday?

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 29, 11 12:09 AM
Um...84 megs is certainly a hint of yuckiness...

After the demo...yes I tortured myself...just ewwwww...I doesn't even deserve the time to explain all the lame issues.

One fun thing while you play...time yourself and finish the game before the demo's out. Thanks for the free game BF!

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 1:22:57 AM PST

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Mar 29, 11 12:09 AM
Another HdO game? 5 this month? I thought for sure the Bigfish attic would have been cleaned out by now

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 29, 11 12:10 AM

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 29, 11 12:10 AM
Is this a mistake? It is down as TGT but there are posts here from last week! After 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo however, I won't be downloading it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 29, 11 12:13 AM
Read y'all's comments while downloading...cancelled the install as there isn't any point in even trying this one...HdO = NO.

havasulady
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by havasulady on Mar 29, 11 12:16 AM
tuttepeever wrote:I Detest HDO games. Why so many in a row. I won't even bother to Demo them. Sub par IMO.

I agree, tuttepeever. I have never enjoyed HDO games. To date, have never purchased one, most likely never will.

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Mar 29, 11 12:17 AM
Well after reading all your comments here I aint even gonna download......so....still waiting for a "game" to play BFG !!!!!!

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 12:17:39 AM PST

Go to: