Gemini11
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Avoid fights?

[Post New]by Gemini11 on Mar 23, 11 8:23 PM
Is there a possiblity to avoid the fights with the monsters between the cities? Sometimes it is possible to avoid fights, but most of the time it is not ...

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Avoid fights?

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 6, 11 12:43 PM
For me at this time, most of the time it is, but sometimes it's not.

I believe it depends on your level of Cunning.* Mine's been nicely high since I trained my Giant Rat up to Level 20.

Regarding that training, see my "Training Your Mount Despite Low Reaction Speed" thread in this forum:
---------------------------------
* Wrong! See next 2 messages from me.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 10:06:49 AM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 10, 11 9:52 AM
I'm wrong above. Cunning has nothing whatever to do with it. I've been testing that w/ and w/o the Lucky Stones (+6 Cunning), and they have no effect on the results listed below.

What Avoiding a fight depends on is the Level of your mount versus the difficulty of the foe.

I've been testing this on the roads around Dwarven Dun-Khor and Orcish Gruuldok, over at the eastern part of the map.

Neither my available Level 1 mounts nor my Level 6 Giant Spider can Avoid the Sandworm, Wolfrider, or Orc.

My Level 9 Wolf can Avoid the Orc but not the Wolfrider or Sandworm.

My Level 16 Wyvern can Avoid the Orc and the Wolfrider, plus the Ogres and the Troll west of Dun-Khor and the Liche on the way north to the Horned Temple (none of which the lower Levels can get by), but not the Sandworm.

My Level 22 Rat can Avoid all of those, including the Sandworm, plus the Wyvern on the way to Dragonrealm (which the others can't).

But we have to fight our way thru the Arboleths, Doomknights, or Skelotaur on the way to Bane's Citadel up north and the Hill Giants in the northeast. I'm pretty sure the Frost and Fire Giants beyond the Hill Giant on the ways to Jarl's and Jotun's Keeps are also an impediment. We can't Avoid the Harpy at the west of Ehlariel either.

Update: Level 9 Wolf can't Avoid Scorpion but Level 16 Wyvern can.

Edited on 08/13/2012 at 11:20:58 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 10, 11 10:05 AM
Fleshing out the above a bit:

My Level 6 Giant Spider can avoid the Giant Rat between Gallia and Maethelburg (south of Bartonia, the capital) and the Giant Bat west of Gallia, which the Level 1 and 2 mounts cannot.

Southwest of Bartonia, my Level 9 Wolf can get past the Giant Spider and the other Wolves, but my own Giant Spider can't.

That Wolf can't Avoid the Minotaur or the Wight in the northwest, tho my Level 16 Wyvern can. But it takes my Level 22 Rat to get past the Gnolls there.

None of us can Avoid the Dragon Spider on the way to Dragonrealm.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 10:50:06 AM PST

Go to: