bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 24, 11 12:05 AM
After leaving something in your car, a hitchhiker vanishes! Track her down and return her things in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker! Explore a spooky landscape as you figure out where the mysterious woman has gone in this exciting Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game. Dive into a deeper mystery as you progress through incredible locations and scenes!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 24, 11 12:21 AM
Pros: My mouse works with this game, SG can be accessed in the trial version, hint button works on scenes other than H0 scenes.

Cons: No voice-over (after the first cut scene). Awkward movement, graphics drab and dark. I definitely will not be spending CE monies on this one. Perhaps a SE but the game just isn't my style, and I don't have that usual urge to "buy me now".

I will be anxious to see what other's think of this CE. Whether it is worth it or not and if you like this type of game play.

We need a smiley sitting on a fence. That's the one I would use!

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 6:30:11 AM PST

[Post New]by bigmama3636 on Mar 24, 11 12:25 AM
Boy this is 1 big download usually loads alot quicker.Think I'll have to find something to do while I wait.

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Mar 24, 11 12:52 AM
...downloading whilst we speak......now to sort out my munchies ready for the game !!

Olliesgirl

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Mar 24, 11 12:57 AM
Realistic scenery and graphics. It's an IHOG with not much in the hand holding department. I thought parts of the HOG scenes were a little gauzy looking...but could just be me. Suspenseful music which goes well with theme of game...think maybe another ghost story...but not sure about that yet. Only voice over I have heard is at beginning of game and it was well done. Hint replenishes quickly and the strategy guide is functional in the demo. That's it for my comments...I'm sure others will have plenty to say...lol

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 24, 11 1:02 AM
(moved to review thread)

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 1:07:02 AM PST

bobobear
Flounder
Flounder
2,315 Posts

[Post New]by bobobear on Mar 24, 11 7:30 AM
Ohhhhhhh. I love this game. The graphics are great, the background music is super cool and I absolutely love the creepy factor . This is a buy for me.
Devs, if your reading this, this is the way to do it Love it. Thanks

marciabb
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by marciabb on Mar 25, 11 3:07 AM
One of the best games I ever bought at BF. Played for hours, yesterday and this morning and still not finished. Fantastic gameplay, beautiful graphics and music, BRAVO !

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 25, 11 3:48 AM
GrammaKj wrote:Pros: My mouse works with this game, SG can be accessed in the trial version, hint button works on scenes other than H0 scenes.

Cons: No voice-over (after the first cut scene). Awkward movement, graphics drab and dark. I definitely will not be spending CE monies on this one. Perhaps a SE but the game just isn't my style, and I don't have that usual urge to "buy me now".

I will be anxious to see what other's think of this CE. Whether it is worth it or not and if you like this type of game play.

We need a smiley sitting on a fence. That's the one I would use!

I always look to see if the mouse has worked for you and I am so glad that it does with this one.
I am with you, sitting on the fence. We can chat while we wait.
I have put a post in the C & R. I found this game too easy on Advanced mode and a little boring. The majority of posters seem to love it, which is great!

I wonder if I am becoming awkward I loved The Revenge on Wednesday, whereas a lot of others did not! Have fun all

[Post New]by pawsrb on Mar 31, 11 2:24 PM
Agree with others that its SE value only. Very boring compared to others I have played. Mouse slows down dramatically in game

Re:Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition: Missing Wrench

[Post New]by crober28 on Apr 14, 11 6:42 PM
On the island you are suppose to find a wrench on the deck of the boat. It isn't there. I wondered if maybe I downloaded an old version, so I went and uninstalled it and then reinstalled it...no luck. I am not sure if I am looking in the right spot now, maybe the walkthrough was incorrect.

I just downloaded the game on 4/13

[Post New]by Explors on Aug 18, 12 11:48 AM
I need help! I am in the burial area, and it keeps showing incense burner and torch. What do I
do w/ these?

Edited on 08/18/2012 at 11:51:17 AM PST

[Post New]by grumpybuttercup on Feb 14, 13 12:51 AM
I love the atmosphere! Creepy but nothing shock me though.
I just wondering if there is somebody who notice that the boy (on the last scene) looks alike Rock Lee? Character from Naruto
LOL
just saying btw, no offense

[Post New]by sweety1219 on Mar 11, 13 3:19 PM
I need help w the symbols on the bones plz

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 12, 13 11:05 AM
Hey there sweety1219,

Welcome to the Pond!

To help with those symbols on the bones I've gone ahead and have included a link for the free walkthrough below. (Just click on the blue text!)

Shiver Vanishing Hitchhiker Walkthrough

To search through the free Walkthrough for specifics you can use the search feature to find a specific key word. For example, press and hold the Ctrl and F buttons together and type in BONES, then hit Enter. It takes you straight to the relevant part so you don't have to sift through the whole thing!

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Tweezes on Apr 19, 13 9:41 PM
I missed the hidden object scene of the desk in the study after opening the safe. Now I can't get the glue. Is there any way to trigger the HOS now? I need that glue!

Go to: