7warrior7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Fixes for this game

[Post New]by 7warrior7 on Dec 14, 08 10:47 PM
I was experiencing the same problem with the screen going white so I tried a couple of different things that stopped that from happening. In the options I unmarked some of the enhancements and also marked anti aliasing(which helps if your PC isnt running to full requirements). Then I went to the people who made the game and downloaded a patch which I then installed. When installing make sure the folder you install it into is just agatha christie evil under the sun in program files,browse for that file instead of the file they give you. After doing those things the game worked and is running smoothly. I hope it helps.

craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

Re:Fixes for this game

[Post New]by craskehouse on Dec 15, 08 8:58 AM
Ive downloaded the patch twice,each time it says "granny2,dll" is missing Im not very tecnical...I just wanna play the game

[Post New]by pumpkin6689 on Dec 28, 08 9:04 AM
I also downloaded the patch and got the same error message about the grannydll file. Did you resolve the problem?????

I have replayed the game from a later date and still get stumped in Act 5 can't find anyone on the island I am suppose to talk to Christine and get the sketch of North but she is no where to be found I am very frustrated at the time. Is there any way to get your money back for games that have these glitches???

Any advise

Thanks

pwilmarth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by pwilmarth on Dec 28, 08 10:27 AM
I would try two things.

First make sure you are installing the patch in the right directory. It won't find the "granny2.dll" file if it's not installed in the correct directory. On my computer that's:

C:\Program Files\Agatha Christie - Evil Under the Sun

Second, try re-downloading the game. I've been in the folder that contains the game on my computer and have seen the "granny2.dll" file, so if you have a good installation from Big Fish, you should have that file.

Edited on 12/28/2008 at 10:28:11 AM PST

pwilmarth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by pwilmarth on Dec 28, 08 10:30 AM
pumpkin, I think you can't find Christine because you have missed something related to her story line.

Bridgelady
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by Bridgelady on Dec 30, 08 2:06 PM
I TRIED TO DOWNLOAD THE PATCH AND IT WOULD NOT WORK...HOWEVER, SOMEONE HAD A SOLUTION THAT DID WORK...WHEN YOU ARE IN THE WHITE PART CLICK F2 (SAVES) AND THEN F3 (RELOADS) AND MAGICALLY THE GRAPHICS COME BACK AND YOU CAN CONTINUE. THERE IS A GLITCH IN THIS GAME AND IF ENOUGH OF COMPLAIN SOMETHING WILL BE DONE. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Go to: