bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 24, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by mysticalguy on Mar 24, 11 2:23 AM
i already finished the game. love it!!!!
waiting for the standard edition!!!!!

TO ALL WHO READ THIS I FINISHED THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION NOT THE DEMO..DUH???

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 1:49:37 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 24, 11 3:02 AM
I seen your post where you finished the game can you tell me if this game is short??
If the game is long I will purchase this game, I did enjoy the demo..I loved the graphics and music, this game is really awesome thx BF..

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 24, 11 4:05 AM
mysticalguy wrote:i already finished the game. love it!!!!
waiting for the standard edition!!!!!
I think you mean finished the demo. Because you are waiting for the SE.

cami1203
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Stuck in X-ray Area!

[Post New]by cami1203 on Mar 24, 11 4:32 AM
Ok...I've got the Pocket Knife, sawed the mannequin, done the X-ray puzzle, gone around and checked the labcoat, got the poster and everything else possible, but now I can't get the Pocket Knife to work on the "Tile Area that doesn't have a lock".
According the the St. Guide it's supposed to cut around it. I also haven't been in other areas to get the dental pick yet, so I can't get through the bathroom door! Now I'm stuck in just these two areas.
Can someone give me a suggestion please?
Thanks so much!

cami1203
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cami1203 on Mar 24, 11 4:32 AM
Ok...I've got the Pocket Knife, sawed the mannequin, done the X-ray puzzle, gone around and checked the labcoat, got the poster and everything else possible, but now I can't get the Pocket Knife to work on the "Tile Area that doesn't have a lock".
According the the St. Guide it's supposed to cut around it. I also haven't been in other areas to get the dental pick yet, so I can't get through the bathroom door! Now I'm stuck in just these two areas.
Thanks so much!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 24, 11 5:19 AM
cami1203 wrote:Ok...I've got the Pocket Knife, sawed the mannequin, done the X-ray puzzle, gone around and checked the labcoat, got the poster and everything else possible, but now I can't get the Pocket Knife to work on the "Tile Area that doesn't have a lock".
Thanks so much!
Sorry you are having trouble. hmm.. it should work there.

SPOILER:

Did you use the cable on the x-ray machine so it powers up? You will get the dental pick in that room after you solve the puzzle under the tile.

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Mar 24, 11 5:23 AM
I must be dumb, but I cannot leave the house in chapter 2. I go through the double doors in the dressing room, but it doesn't take me outside. Any help please!

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Mar 25, 11 2:13 PM
you will have other things to do in the house - this is part of trying to get out!

[Post New]by weaverwoman on Mar 25, 11 3:24 PM
jazzluv wrote:I must be dumb, but I cannot leave the house in chapter 2. I go through the double doors in the dressing room, but it doesn't take me outside. Any help please!

I'm having the same trouble. I've done everything it says to do in the game strategy but I'm still trapped inside. Any help would be appreciated.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 26, 11 12:10 AM
weaverwoman wrote:
jazzluv wrote:I must be dumb, but I cannot leave the house in chapter 2. I go through the double doors in the dressing room, but it doesn't take me outside. Any help please!

I'm having the same trouble. I've done everything it says to do in the game strategy but I'm still trapped inside. Any help would be appreciated.

What do you still have in your inventory?

Spoiler:

Have you placed the necklace and the music book on the mannequin?

I hope this helps.

[Post New]by katz2003 on Mar 26, 11 6:23 AM
Cannot find the juniper, and wicket door is closed. Help please!

[Post New]by dodge1983 on Mar 28, 11 5:24 AM
Did anyone else have a problem getting this game to install? It downloads with no problem but keeps freezing on the installing page.

mcolema
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mcolema on Mar 30, 11 8:29 PM
The game installed quite well for me. The answer to the question on the mannequins you should have another hidden items game to get the necklace. Than your passage should be clear.

To the person with the knife; you may have already lost your knife; if you still have it put it on the lighting bolt on the tiles.

[Post New]by chizza on Apr 1, 11 11:19 AM
I could only find one eye for the doll --the strategy guide does not explain where the other eye is --- and I can't find the girl's dress --again, I can't find the explanation in the guide. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by merdearrive on Apr 1, 11 12:03 PM
It will NOT let me play the mini-game after I completed the wench on the boat on the island: engine properly bolted down, power cable in place, and instead of showing a close-up of the controls, it just went back to the full screen of the boat. I reviewed the strategy guide to be sure I didn't miss anything, went back over the entire island, even exited the game and came back in. Nothing. I need that last weight for the bridge! HELP!

UPDATE: Never mind! It finally allowed me to complete the mini-game & get the weight! Now I'm happy!

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 12:52:35 PM PST

[Post New]by carroll1310 on Apr 1, 11 2:45 PM
total waste of money....I finished this shortly after purchasing it. So not worth a collector's edition...It was such an easy HOG....the extra's....are wall paper...boring.....Do not waste your money....

[Post New]by natallisnanny on Apr 3, 11 7:01 PM
just finished the game,LOVED IT..worth the money i spent on it

[Post New]by Poefan74 on Apr 3, 11 7:49 PM
Any tips on how to work the old radio? Kind of stuck

[Post New]by sweetnaiche on Apr 4, 11 11:21 AM
hi everyone, This is my frist game like this so I am so lost, I am in the house and i cant pick up picture from dresser. It shows a couple of cranky wheels, what to do???

Go to: