shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Mar 24, 11 12:58 AM
This one looks interesting and fun!! What are your opinions fishies??

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 2:00:10 AM PST

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 24, 11 1:04 AM
OOOOO! This one is yummy!

SPOILER ALERT

Firstly, this game is CREEPY! Yes we all have played the HOGs with the creaking behind us but seriously...I wanted to shut it down - there were crazy noises...Also there's at least one part that gives a 1st person appearance where you wanted to scream, 'noooo, don't go in there' Goose bumps!

The Flashlight tool is very helpful for regular game play. This is dark but at least we can get around it a little.

Additional funny little things - The eyeball icon, when you look at something of interest, changes. The humor in this game is entertaining "Climbing over a burning tree is not a hot idea." I appreciated the description and vocabulary in the narrative in the beginning.

The only thing that might be a problem for some fishes is the dark scenes and occasional lagged area.

This is a MUST BUY for me...I may even go crazy and buy the CE right now

Great job!

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 3:10:05 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 24, 11 1:04 AM
I agree!

I loved this one! I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and game-play.

The graphics, while dark to fit the storyline, are still crisp and clear- I did not have any difficulty seeing anything.

Zero trouble with graphics, movement etc. Unlimited hints, skippable mini-games, loads of areas to visit, a nice amount of HOG scenes

Using Windows 7 Home 64 bit

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Mar 24, 11 1:12 AM
Great review casualgran! I couldn't agree more! A game of this quality comes along about once a year!! It is excellent! Even the music and the story are great and usually I could care less about either.

Try it and you'll buy it! I could not find one thing to nit-pick about this game. And everybody knows I'm an old grouch!!

Dr.good

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Mar 24, 11 1:14 AM
Awesome so far! Now this is the quality the true gamer expects, and gets so irate without lol. Great graphics...intriguing, engaging storyline that pulls you in...similar to the Void which I loved. I love the flashlight and camera you get...you can take a pic of any scene, and then the camera flashes when its a picture you truly need for gameplay. Thank you BF this more than makes up for the last two TGT...we won't even mention titles...you know who you are! Happy Gaming all

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Mar 24, 11 1:22 AM
Fantastic game and for once I really don't mind paying the CE price. This is what a game should be like because I don't mind admitting that I do get extremely bored with the same old thing,

Right I've got a game to sort out,

Happy gaming Fishes.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Mar 24, 11 1:24 AM
my god!i was waiting this game for months,and now,when i downloaded the demo it says:your trial version is expired!what hapenned?has anybody have those trouble?i wanted to buy but this let me very suspicious !now,i'm not sure this game will play well!

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Mar 24, 11 1:29 AM
Realistic scenery and superior graphics. It's an IHOG with not much in the hand holding department. I thought parts of the HOG scenes were a little gauzy looking...but could just be me. Suspenseful music which goes well with theme of game...think maybe another ghost story...but not sure about that yet. Only voice over I have heard is at beginning of game and it was well done. Hint replenishes quickly and the strategy guide is functional in the demo. That's it for my comments...I'm sure others will have plenty to say...lol

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Mar 24, 11 1:32 AM
I was really getting into this one and was at the hospital when my hour was up. I rarely had to look at the SG and then only to make sure I was going in the right direction. Hopefully I can get this one before the end of the month.

I had very little issues with finding objects, even small ones, on my laptop screen. You don't lose a hint if it directs you to a different area of the game and you can mostly figure out what to do next with just the in game messages.

Well done!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Mar 24, 11 1:33 AM
i betaed and was waiting!my problem is not the game ,it is the new game manager which gives me false messages!the game is very very high quality one!try it,fishes!to try must be soon to...buy!

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Mar 24, 11 1:35 AM
Thanks everyone for the reviews - I'm downloading at the moment and it sounds really good. I'll come back if I have anything to add when i've done the demo but I suspect it's all been said already

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Mar 24, 11 1:52 AM
This is a very well done game. Lovely graphics and lots of things to interact with as well as IHOG scenes. But ... it is yet another dark, spooky game ... and I'm more than bored with that concept. It has so many cool things to do but I'm just not interested in spooky anymore. I'll give it a try later and see if a couple of coffees help

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 24, 11 1:55 AM
Nice game but another dark game. I don't no if I buy this one.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 24, 11 1:56 AM
edmee1947 wrote:my god!i was waiting this game for months,and now,when i downloaded the demo it says:your trial version is expired!what hapenned?has anybody have those trouble?i wanted to buy but this let me very suspicious !now,i'm not sure this game will play well!
You betaed this game, so you lost your hour.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 24, 11 2:00 AM
Hi fishies,

This thread has now been stickied.

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Mar 24, 11 2:20 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
edmee1947 wrote:my god!i was waiting this game for months,and now,when i downloaded the demo it says:your trial version is expired!what hapenned?has anybody have those trouble?i wanted to buy but this let me very suspicious !now,i'm not sure this game will play well!
You betaed this game, so you lost your hour.

I have BETA tested many games and never lost my hour when the game came out.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Mar 24, 11 2:29 AM
I beta tested this game the other day and absolutely loved it. Now I will have to wait till the month is up, so I can buy it, otherwise I'll have too many on my punch card!

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Mar 24, 11 2:35 AM
I really got hooked right away! I also like a guy for the main character. The game moves right along and the SG is readily available if needed. This looks like a buy for me.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 24, 11 2:58 AM
I played the demo and I am worried about the length of the game it looks short.. does anyone know yet??..Thank You..

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Mar 24, 11 3:02 AM
loving this one it will be a definate buy for me just hope it has enough length to justify buying another collectors edition by the way new to using the forums and waold like to know what stickied means thanks trish

Go to: