bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 24, 11 1:59 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Mar 24, 11 2:11 AM
Hi have read the comments and looks a great game - so far it looks as tho' I'm the only one with a problem. Game loaded fine but 5 minutes into it (just where I went round the side of the burning house) music disappeared and a buzzing started - when I tried to move forward my computer rebooted. Reloaded - went left instead to cemetary gates, tree fell and same thing happened. This has only happened to me once and this was years ago - as far as I know everything is up to date. Obviously will contact BG help but just wondered if anyone else had these problems. Thanks

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

Re:Post any Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by fairjuno on Mar 24, 11 3:28 AM
I played the game for 18 mins. Really great game. But when I went to play it again later, the screen flickered a few times and then nothing. I tried everything I could in the help section, but the game isn't starting when I hit play. I thought it might be my computer so I tried another game and it was fine. Help!

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Mar 24, 11 6:18 AM
My game is really sluggish

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Mar 24, 11 6:59 AM
I really love this game. But in the basement, after finding the wrenches, the wrench that you keep...after clicking on it to go to your inventory...it just stayed there. In the fireplace room...it froze in there as well then finally, sluggishly I was able to exit the room after doing the task you were supposed to do. Zero'ed in on the bookshelf, the game froze again and suddenly the screen went black and this was displayed after a moment. "Display Driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I clicked on the icon at the bottom on my screen and the game came back but was slill very sluggish and would freeze every now and then. And then.....my demo ended. I was so set to rush and buy this game and now I am leery of doing so right now. I want to wait and see if others have this problem and what can be done about it.

Somewhat disappointing that I can't buy this CE...I also could not buy the new PuppetShow because of a glitch...too scared to risk it until something has been done.

Deb

nszat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by nszat on Mar 24, 11 6:59 AM
Dowloaded the demo game and got the message:" your trial version is expired!" and my only option is to buy! What happened? I never buy without trying - so how do I successfully download the trial version?

[Post New]by schuldiner on Mar 24, 11 8:42 AM
I can't find where to download. My email came in as though I wasn't a member so I signed in and still can't download. Even tried "Try this game" above.

Guess I will wait for tomorrow to try to download.

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Mar 24, 11 8:57 AM
fairjuno wrote:I played the game for 18 mins. Really great game. But when I went to play it again later, the screen flickered a few times and then nothing. I tried everything I could in the help section, but the game isn't starting when I hit play. I thought it might be my computer so I tried another game and it was fine. Help!

I had actually bought the game and had the same problem after exiting well into the game. My solution was to right-click the desktop icon and choose "Open". Had no problems after that (exited a few times while playing and double-clicked the icon to get back in). Didn't have to do the right click thing at all. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by maxdebord on Mar 24, 11 9:34 AM
This is the second CE that wouldn't work correctly. This one keeps freezing. I have to use alt+tab to unfreeze, but that gets old. I hope BF will give us an update after fixing the problem.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 24, 11 12:06 PM
addictedtofish wrote:Hi have read the comments and looks a great game - so far it looks as tho' I'm the only one with a problem. Game loaded fine but 5 minutes into it (just where I went round the side of the burning house) music disappeared and a buzzing started - when I tried to move forward my computer rebooted. Reloaded - went left instead to cemetary gates, tree fell and same thing happened. This has only happened to me once and this was years ago - as far as I know everything is up to date. Obviously will contact BG help but just wondered if anyone else had these problems. Thanks

Addict,

I left you a PM. My computer did the same thing last week!

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Mar 24, 11 1:17 PM
27heb49 wrote:I had actually bought the game and had the same problem after exiting well into the game. My solution was to right-click the desktop icon and choose "Open". Had no problems after that (exited a few times while playing and double-clicked the icon to get back in). Didn't have to do the right click thing at all. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the suggestion. When I tried that, game manager said the game was running, but I didn't see it. Not sure if that has anything to do with the fact that you bought the game and I didn't. I was going to buy it today, but I'm wondering if I should wait a while until some of these issues are resolved. Thanks again for the tip.

[Post New]by bperlman on Mar 24, 11 1:39 PM
Another game that won't play for me. I click on it..the screen goes black..then my desktop comes back and all if have is the icon on the bottom...it thinks it is running since the time is running down. I have Windows 7 64 bit. All my drivers are up to date

This has happened to me for almost all of the latest games...have worked with tech support but nothing that they have suggested worked.

I hope that BFG realizes that there are some problems with these games and Windows 7 64 bit and addresses them

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 24, 11 2:09 PM
bperlman wrote:Another game that won't play for me. I click on it..the screen goes black..then my desktop comes back and all if have is the icon on the bottom...it thinks it is running since the time is running down. I have Windows 7 64 bit. All my drivers are up to date

This has happened to me for almost all of the latest games...have worked with tech support but nothing that they have suggested worked.

I hope that BFG realizes that there are some problems with these games and Windows 7 64 bit and addresses them

I sent you a PM.

AZbratnNY
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by AZbratnNY on Mar 24, 11 2:50 PM
I read all posts/ sorry BF..I am having the same problems..whats gonning on? Test them, a little better? Tks for your ck into this game..Its happened so many times, I, wondering, if I should go somewhere else....I still have 3
games(CE) that I still cant complete..I have tried all..screen goes black, or I hear that, horrible humming/what ever its called...But I know, so much for this game..I was gonna buy it/will wait hear or read from the other fishes, ck your games, seems lately, alot of something not goining to good?

grogsplot
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by grogsplot on Mar 24, 11 3:26 PM
I need the juniper but now I can't get to it because that gateway appears inside the church and gets in the way. I need the juniper to progress and finish the game. Could this be a glitch? Can anyone advise?

[Post New]by ancientpeas on Mar 24, 11 5:50 PM
I don't know why but when I exit and reenter it won't let me continue my game and starts me back at the beginning. I doubt I can play it in one go so as to avoid this problem. I wonder what is wrong with the game. Is it something I'm missing or is it a glitch?

Thanks in advance.

Okay, big dummy here. It does take me back to where I was.. it just wants me to watch the opening video again. *hits head*

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 5:52:37 PM PST

minnielou
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by minnielou on Mar 24, 11 6:48 PM
Really sluggish and jerky. But, I am a patient person and other than those things it's a great game. I bought the CE so I will redownload at a later time and maybe the little glitches will be worked out.

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Mar 24, 11 7:20 PM
Had no trouble downloading or opening the game, but my cursor flickers and has a square box around it. I only played a few minutes...liked the game, but the cursor thing is very distracting. Any ideas?

brammie5
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by brammie5 on Mar 24, 11 7:28 PM
I see a few others have my problem. The game loads fine. When I click to launch it the screen goes black and then flashes back to the game manager which asks if I want to play again. If I click play again it says there is a game already running. There's an icon on the taskbar but it appears to be empty. Same thing happens if I launch from the desktop icon. My concern is that this has happened with the last 4 games. I have just gone through the help pages and nothing there helps.
Hopefully there will be a fix?!?

brammie5
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by brammie5 on Mar 25, 11 12:37 AM
Well....the problem was NOT with the game. I went through the help pages and when I got to the firewall settings for some reason two of the bfg files were not allowed in my firewall. It wouldn't hurt to double check those if the game won't launch. the files are bfgclient, bfgprocess and bfggameservices. The games are working perfectly now

Go to: