bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Alpha Kimori

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 24, 11 2:02 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Alpha Kimori? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Alpha Kimori

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 24, 11 6:21 AM
I liked it and bought it but then I'm a soft touch when new RPG's are offered that play on my computer.
This game won't appeal to many gamers but should satisfy the appetites of we few starving couch warriors.
I managed to explore up to the Great Forest (?) before my time ran out. Collected a tidy sum of credits and nifty weapons grade gems.
Weapons, armor and healing items are quite expensive in the Bidarian shops so grinding(fighting) will be a requirement.
The story line is very high tech contained within a theological structure. Ermmm, aliens have usurped Earth but a group of humans were saved by a god and 7 angels. These special humans were transported to another world where eventually they broke into 2 factions. One faction is solely concerned with their organic environment. The other faction wants revenge on the aliens.
I did notice that this game will be offered in installments so I do hope the dev's will stick with using BFG as one of their portals.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Mar 24, 11 6:42 AM

Thanks for the review memaw, its a buy for me as well.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 24, 11 11:37 AM
I love RPGs, but this one... I don't like the whole "we must kill off the local fauna so we can go kill something else". Just too much like what some countries in real life are doing these days

Even though you now there will be an opposing side, I didn't get that far. No buy for me.

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Mar 24, 11 1:35 PM
Alpha Kimori Episode One is a cute, bright, and colorful Japanese Anime inspired episodic casual 2D Role Playing Games, which feature an intricate action-adventure epic story with a delightful mix of sci-fi and fantasy elements.

The game's graphics are anime inspired so they are purposely made to look simple in style to be accessible to the young at heart. The in-game graphics are also clearly shown in the Big Fish Games preview video trailer.

The gameplay is the nostalgic JRPG turn based battle system which we saw in the Chrono Trigger, Xenogears and the earlier Final Fantasy series up to Final Fantasy 7. The learning curve is kept smooth so that casual players can enjoy the story.

As for the story itself, it starts out simple and gets more complex towards the end. Anime fans who have watched Evangelion, Gundam Seed and Inuyasha will understand the intricacies of the plot which starts out simple and fun but gets more serious towards the end. If anything else, the game plays like an interactive novel where you get to adventure in the shoes of the hero as the story unfolds.

Alpha Kimori is not a game for everyone as it tells a story of perfection in imperfection just like its Japanese theme song. By the end of the 3 episodes, our hero will see the imperfection in perfection which makes it perfect just as in our daily life. Everything is beautiful if only we perceive it as such. Enjoy the little things and take life as it comes just like in the Japanese Zen philosophy. Our world is perfect as it is and its beauty savored in a single blade of grass, or in this case, in a game

@memawclay2 Not much grinding(fighting) necessary. You really don't have to buy those weapons. Just enjoy the story and your level should be high enough to finish the game even if you try to avoid the enemies.

@jkuci Yay!

@sheilamilo It's a metaphor for real life - well, at least, our mind's interpretation of it. How do we perceive good without evil? How do we perceive hot without cold? How do we perceive short without long? How do we perceive light without darkness? How do we perceive Yin without Yang? In the end, there must be balance. That's perfection in imperfection. ^_^

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 1:46:16 PM PST

[Post New]by Lavenderstrawbry on Mar 24, 11 9:24 PM
I was very happily surprised to see a new RPG on bigfish!

So that you know, I personally vehemently believe Bigfish should make a RPG section of games which specifically excludes any games that are not a 2D RPG or could be classified as a hidden object game. Those of you who love RPG's will know exactly what I am talking about, it's really annoying to look for a good RPG game and find all HOG clogging up all the top listings because they for some odd reason are also classified as adventure games.

These 2D style RPG games are truly my favorite. So to restate with less of a rant, I really wish there could be a 2D RPG only section on Bigfish to house awesome games like this, and others like the Aveyond series.

That being said, this was sort of an insta-buy for me. Of course I always play the first hour to make sure there are no clunky game mechanisms that will annoy me, the story seems interesting and draws me in, cute and/or cool graphics are incorporated, and thankfully this game passed with flying colors.

Also, importantly, for you hardcore 2D RPGers out there, this game works just fine with my USB controller.

I want to specifically comment on the music next; since, it seems another reviewer disliked it. I love anime and this genre of games, and so far I really feel like the music is very well done and executed for this format both in and of itself. The only thing I would change would be to add specific volume controls to the music and fighting sounds as I have seen in other games of this style. My only reasoning for that is sometimes I like to watch a move while I play the game but still hear the slashing sounds; maybe that's odd, but it's honest.

I'd also like to comment on the graphics, which I feel are very well done to the themes and the storyline. This looks like a lot of specialization in the artwork for both the graphics and animation, and it works. I think "it" had me when I walked through the little doors, reminiscent of those on a spaceship.

As for my involvement in the storyline, I have personally been avoiding killing the little animals that seemed to be minding their own business. I kill them as need be, although I do find myself strangely drawn to killing the little pink rabid bunnies, but I'm working on that.

I plan to add additional thoughts when I finish this episode of the game. In the mean time this was definitely a buy for me, and hopefully for you as well.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Mar 25, 11 7:56 PM
I've played many MANY of these type of games, but this is one of the best in a long time. I'm not sure exactly what it was about it. The music was great....the great characters, the story. Boy, I was sure rooting on Rick, but still trying to understand both sides. The only thing I questioned was I never once found an accessory, ever. Nothing I found to buy or find as an accessory, but maybe I just missed it. I REALLY REALLY enjoyed this, I can't stress it enough. The effort that went into this, I can't imagine. It was everything to me that an rpg should be. I just hope folks give it a chance. I knew immediately from the demo, I was going to buy it. Thank you BF for always trying to satisfy your varied customers. You're the best! Cudos to Amaranth also because that's where I found it first to lead to BF.Thank you thank you, thank you, Team Alpha Kimori!! You made my day! I CANNOT wait for the next one, when is it out???
Oh and PS, that last part was crazy!! You really have to strategize a bit to play this game so it's probably not everyone's cup of tea. It was my best cup of tea in a long time though. Team Alpha Kimori, you should be very proud.
And again, great job, As **** Clark would say, why'd you like that? Well, **** it's good to dance to (that's old school) It's a 10 from me! WTG Team Alpha Kimori!

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Mar 25, 11 8:00 PM
OH that's funny, what I said was Richard Clark's nickname, the host from American Bandstand, but it censored me. Never crossed my mind that would happen, but for old school folks, you know who he is. He rocks! On New Year's Eve at Times Square quite often!!

[Post New]by MatsumotoKenji on Mar 26, 11 4:58 AM
Finished Playing Episode 1, I liked it and well worth the time and money spent. Expecting Episode 2!!!

I like the theme song BiRD (I am also a Vocaloid Song fan), and I found it at a Japanese site by google the author's name. http://www.muzie.ne.jp/artist/a002533/#329618

Rybel
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Rybel on Mar 26, 11 7:17 AM
I did really enjoy this game but because of the before mentioned reward for the Blackmarket Quest which really caught me by surprise I finished the game in only 6 and a half hours, so felt a bit cheated as I do like my role playing games to last longer than that. I know that it was only the first episode but usually I would expect each episode to last at least twice that long. Without the quest reward I would probably have found it hard to finish at all because of the numbers and ferocity of the final enemies, so there would have been a lot of pointless grinding.

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Mar 26, 11 1:54 PM
As mentioned in the other thread, I am still speechless, flaxin. Thank you very much for the amazing review which will certainly motivate Sherman3D to finish Episodes Two and Three as soon as possible!!! ^_^ MatsumotoKenji, the Alpha Kimori theme song is by Japanese composer, Yossy. He did a fantastic job with the Japanese Vocaloid voice synthesizer software's artificial female singer, Miku Hatsune. Rybel, so glad you enjoyed the game! Actually, if you read on our Alpha Kimori website (sorry we can't link to it according to Big Fish Games' policy but you can always Google), our game has an average of 5 hours of gameplay. The description of Alpha Kimori on Big Fish Games is created by their marketing team to cater to their customers here. Anyway, we took about 5 years to create the game so that's about an hour of gameplay for every year of work that we put in. If you think about it as a movie, there should be enough content for a 3-hour movie and with our three episodes, we will have a Trilogy. We definitely hope to have a movie created out of Alpha Kimori one day so if any movie producer is reading this, please Google Alpha Kimori. ^_^ Thank you for your support, everyone! ^_^

[Post New]by MatsumotoKenji on Mar 26, 11 11:40 PM
Some Review regarding the sounds...

Yossy (Studio Misty) made a lot of great song and music, and vocaloid made computer generated singing possible (anyone realized the theme song is not human voice?). The later version of vocaloid also supports singing English songs. (I am talking about singing, not the TEXT to SPEECH). Well, great theme song for episode 1 and everyone should go download and listen to the full version!

Regarding the BGM, i am using 200MB++ professional sound font with my Creative Sound Blaster X-FI (Personal hobby) as midi playback device (instead of Microsoft 2MB Roland Sound) they sound heaven A lot of effort is placed on the BGM! Well Done! For others do not have professional sound font, go blame Microsoft.

It is been since long I encounter such passionate work since i stopped playing my PS and PS2. It is very good for the first release from AlphaKimori Team, I will be expecting more on episode 2 tho

and look what i also found! (note: trailer and wallpapers!)
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=201631

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 11:45:17 PM PST

hjg3000
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by hjg3000 on Mar 27, 11 12:51 PM
i just love this type of game

and the gaphics on this one were amazing and i love the music to
you really grow attached to the charecters!

[Post New]by alaralee on Mar 28, 11 2:59 PM
I really liked the idea of the game.. the story that is and I liked the characters and the creatures, but I did not like the meaningless time consuming missions that you had to complete in order to continue on in the game. Usually those kind of missions are set aside as side quests and it is not necessary to complete them to complete the game. But even though their were a few things i didn't like about the game, (you can't make everyone happy ) I still cannot wait for episode 2!!

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Mar 30, 11 3:04 AM
2 things this family loves. JA and RPG's. It's a buy for us and looking forward to other episodes. Wish casual game designers would make more. Still love playing all my Final Fantasy games...to me these are the games that make it worthwhile because you know you'll go back to playing them over and over. I still to this day will replay the original Final Fantasy along with my other RPG games that came out at that time.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 1, 11 2:58 PM
I love RPGs but since I couldn't get this one to play...

sadpandaface

AlphaKimori
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by AlphaKimori on Apr 2, 11 12:42 AM
First of all, thanks for the great reviews, everyone! it really inspires us while we are currently working on Episode Two. Kebbielebbie, unfortunately, developers are not allowed to discuss technical issues according to Big Fish's policy but all I can say is that we are aware of the issue and we are working with Big Fish to isolate it. Problem is that the game seems to be working fine after just being tested by Big Fish Games compatibility lab last week after the update was launched. As developers, we have tried Alpha Kimori on a few machines with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 and we have actually developed the game on all of them (because we all run on different operating systems). However, we do not have that many machines to test on. Big Fish Games has the resources to test and they have reported only minor issues that shouldn't prevent the game from running so we are all baffled. Please do let Big Fish Games technical support know about your system's specifications so that they can test further. Thank you very much for your support and sorry for the inconvenience.

[Post New]by Jennyk412 on Apr 3, 11 1:24 PM
Man Alpha Kimori is one of my favorite games!!! I passed it like in three days because i couldnt get off it.. but i actually just wanted to know when episode 2 is comin out!!! Thanx for this awsom game!! <3

Edited on 04/27/2011 at 7:10:06 PM PST

[Post New]by jenlecox on Apr 5, 11 6:38 PM
I loved this game, it has an indepth story line that reels you in for more I was actually disappointed that it ended so quickly and can't wait for the next installment. 2D RPG's are my favorite to play and its so hard to find them anymore especially with good storyline and gameplay. I do wish Bigfish would have more of these types of games as contrary to popular opinion there are alot of RPG lovers out there looking for games like this.

[Post New]by ayasaki9 on Apr 16, 11 4:22 AM
when the second episode?

I want to play episode 2. by the way episode 2 buy or download. I want to download because I do not have money to buy this game.

Go to: