mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

GAME TIME

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Mar 24, 11 5:42 AM
I think it a good idea for BF to post the length of the game before purchase. Anyway, does anyone know how long is the game. Not too many chapters!!!

Re:GAME TIME

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Mar 24, 11 6:44 AM
Am anxious to know the length of game too. I get aggravated with myself when I buy a CE only to find you can play them in a couple of hours.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 24, 11 8:40 AM
I don't think there is anyway to know the length of the game because everyone's playtime is relative.

For me, I think this would be a fairly short game, because in one hour's time in advanced mode, I got half-way through Chapter 3...

The best thing to do is download the demo and see how far you get in the hour demo playing in either casual or advanced mode.

EmmaLynne
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by EmmaLynne on Mar 24, 11 11:32 AM
I had just started exploring the hospital when my time ran out, but I was taking my time more then usual. I didn't have a chance to look at the strategy guide to see how far along I was into chapter 3. Like textrekkie said, game play time is relative. The last CE that game out took me less than 4 hours, but I saw someone else say it took them over 8 hours.

Yes, there are only a few chapters, but if you think about it, chapter one was very short, while chapter two was much longer.

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Mar 24, 11 11:32 AM
Maybe it could just be said how many 'chapters' there are........ one can tell about how long it takes to do a chapter.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 24, 11 2:13 PM
There are 5 regular chapters and a 6th bonus chapter - you find that out easily by checking the Strategy Guide within the game.

I was at the end of the 2nd chapter when I finished the demo, but some were were halfway through Chapter 3, and one said she was finishing Chapter 3. These comments are all in the Comments and Reviews thread. I haven't seen anyone post yet that they finished the game, though.

ETA: Somebody just posted that they got done in 3-1/2 hours including the bonus section.

Edited on 03/24/2011 at 2:14:53 PM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 24, 11 2:20 PM
sinshack wrote:.

ETA: Somebody just posted that they got done in 3-1/2 hours including the bonus section.

I corrected that. It took me about 4 hours...I had forgotten about my demo time

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Mar 24, 11 3:07 PM
Game time truly is...not subjective...but dependent upon the individual player's style. I'm normally average to fast at finishing these, but not this one. I've been playing since about 8:30 or 9 this morning, it's now almost 5, and I'm still not finished. Now that's not ALL play time. I get up every so often, wander off, have a smoke, get something to eat, etc., and I did take an hour-and-a-half nap this afternoon, but usually, if I start a game like this at this time in the morning, I'm EASILY done by lunchtime, if not before. And just for the record, I'm playing on whatever the easier setting is but am doing my best to NOT use the strategy guide. In fact, I'm pretty certain I'm near the end of the game as I've finally gotten up into the bell tower and am collecting things for...umm...err...something...(don't want to spoiler it)...and I've only used the strategy guide once, which was at the very, very beginning when I couldn't for the life of me, even with a hint, find the other half of that darn torn photograph in the...er...elderly...lady's home. So, for me, personally, this one was DEFINITELY worth the extra $$ (not that short game time would have stopped me from purchasing it. I'm a sucker for anything that offers concept art and will ALWAYS shell out extra to get to see it).

S.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Mar 24, 11 3:24 PM
I just finished the game and it took me about 4 hours if I played straight through. I don't like to rush through games and I take my time by getting up and doing something else while I think about something I get stuck on. I finished the game in about 6 hours. It's a perfect game length for me and everything about the game was wonderful. It had some surprising moments, spooky moments, "awww" moments...all in all it was a great game.

Hope you all love it. I did.
Linda.

Go to: