bfgFlounder
9,855 Posts

Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 25, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince forum

[Post New]by latouffue on Mar 25, 11 8:32 AM
how can we do when we can't go ahead, when the strategy game is only for PC (i have a mac, sorry!) and when there is no blog walkthrough???

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Mar 25, 11 3:09 PM
Enjoyed this game.
Played the "Sleeping Beauty" one.
Hope to play the "Snow Queen" one when it comes out.

Had no "technical problems." (Nice change.)

Several thumbs up from me.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,494 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 25, 11 8:25 PM
latouffue wrote:how can we do when we can't go ahead, when the strategy game is only for PC (i have a mac, sorry!) and when there is no blog walkthrough???

Hi latouffue! I played the CE version of this game on a Mac, and had no problems with the strategy guide. As for the walkthrough, it is now up, try this copy and paste URL:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/dark-parables-the-exiled-prince-walkthrough/

Good luck! Welcome to the forums and happy gaming!

[Post New]by sgerbes on Mar 27, 11 3:15 PM
I have played through the beginning of the game twice and I can't find the FROG PRINCE GOLDEN CROWN, where is it? I can't get into the room without it to get the secret tree disk which is needed toward the end of the game. Help PLEASE

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,494 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 27, 11 8:39 PM
sgerbes wrote:I have played through the beginning of the game twice and I can't find the FROG PRINCE GOLDEN CROWN, where is it? I can't get into the room without it to get the secret tree disk which is needed toward the end of the game. Help PLEASE

Hi sgerbes! Did you play the game the second time under the same player name? If so you should have played in HARD mode, in which case the crown would have been in your inventory as soon as you started the game. Please see the thread Frogs Crown Help for more info.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 8:40:32 PM PST

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Mar 28, 11 3:22 PM
I have just (almost) finished this superb game/story. What a lovely change from some of the very creepy ones we've had lately - most of which I have played and enjoyed too. I can't wait for the next in the Dark Parables series. I really appreciate the attention to detail, great graphics, good puzzles (not to mention good grammar) of this series. THANKYOU BFG and the Dark Parables creative team. and more.

[Post New]by madgearooni on Mar 29, 11 3:03 PM
I agree this is a fun game I am stuck tho, I can't find the switch in cinderellas shoe room to put in the slot and open the viney doors in the room where you give the prince and princess their portraits. help please

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,494 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 30, 11 7:41 AM
madgearooni wrote:I agree this is a fun game I am stuck tho, I can't find the switch in cinderellas shoe room to put in the slot and open the viney doors in the room where you give the prince and princess their portraits. help please

SPOILER!!

The switch is under a shoe on a shelf on the right of the closet. You have to zoom in on the shoe to see it.

[Post New]by tydaisy on Mar 31, 11 5:52 AM
i am stuck in the armory room cant find globe please help

bfgImbrium
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 31, 11 9:30 AM
Hi tydaisy,

Welcome to the pond!

You'll need to get the fountain disk and return to the ivy room.

Pull the lever to ensure the ivy is present and place the fountain disk on the slot on the floor.

Go through the door and use the small hammer on the compartment under the tree. You can then collect the glass orb

If you want some more information or to have a look at screenshots, be sure to have a look at the complete game walkthrough here.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by navymom1981 on Apr 1, 11 1:13 PM
Ok I must be really dumb, I can't seem to make the fishnet work at the very beginning of the game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,494 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 1, 11 3:22 PM
navymom1981 wrote:Ok I must be really dumb, I can't seem to make the fishnet work at the very beginning of the game.

Try this - while holding the fishnet, focus on touching your cursor tip to the object you are trying to grab instead of worrying about the fishnet itself. Many of these games read cursor placement more than the item you are holding. Hope you get it! Good luck!

[Post New]by PAKRAT79 on Apr 1, 11 4:17 PM
I can't get out of the cave, I've got the shovel, what now? help pls.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,494 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 1, 11 4:25 PM
PAKRAT79 wrote:I can't get out of the cave, I've got the shovel, what now? help pls.

There is a mound of loose dirt on which you can use your shovel.

[Post New]by 1014Mousling on Apr 1, 11 5:49 PM
Enjoyed this one very much!

Love the graphics and art in both this and Briar Rose, it's actually what drew me to the games at first.

So looking forward to the next Dark Parables.

[Post New]by Liam95 on Apr 5, 11 3:04 PM
I am fairly new to BF games but I couldn't wait for The Exiled Prince after playing Briar Rose. I am at the part where the mini game is at the tanks, so I think very close to finishing, the first time. I just have a quick question, Does everyone play using the hints and skipping the mini games? I never use a hint, will sit there and figure it out,eventually! I just wondered cause I figure if I'm buying something I'd rather have my money's worth and play the whole game.

Edited on 04/09/2011 at 7:23:52 AM PST

bfggp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bfggp on Apr 10, 11 2:24 PM
where do you get the frog crown for the door?????????????? I looked at the walk through and it all of the sudden it said place the frog crown here and i don't know how to get the crown. HELP!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Apr 10, 11 7:51 PM
bfggp wrote:where do you get the frog crown for the door?????????????? I looked at the walk through and it all of the sudden it said place the frog crown here and i don't know how to get the crown. HELP!

You will get the crown at the very end of the game. It unlocks hard mode for the second time you play.

bfggp
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bfggp on Apr 11, 11 3:26 PM
I meant at the beginning of the game were you are in a tunnel and the frog prince makes all the roots appear and there is a frog on the door and you are supposed to put a crown in a slot and i was looking at a walk though and it said to place the crown there and i'm thinking it didn't say anything about the crown.

Go to: