lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 25, 11 1:08 AM
Sorry Gasualgran - I couldn't wait.................

YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

I'm off to D/L & play - Laters Fishies

Update - I love, love, LOVE, this game! And I've just found it's got morphing objects too.
The graphics are superb, the story is great - and I personally ADORE FROGS (game type and animal!!)
I've just got to chapter 3 after an hour-ish of playing and I think there's at least 9 (?) chapters? I've got to pace myself so I get to enjoy every little bit............
I guess I'd have to say - this is just about my Fave game EVER!!
Now, as a middle aged woman, I shall return to my usual mature, sensible self - not!!

Absolutely 5 out of 5 for me.

Edited on 03/25/2011 at 5:02:00 AM PST

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince - Comments & Reviews

[Post New]by rhorho on Mar 25, 11 2:01 AM
I know, right. Cgran is normally the first to post. LOL

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince - Comments & Reviews

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 25, 11 2:18 AM
Hi everyone,

This thread is now stickied for your convenience.

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Mar 25, 11 2:30 AM
Is this suppose to be a great game....I could hear your excitement Lucyloket. Now I am curious. I will have to do the trial game and just find out why you could hardly wait for this game to come to Big Fish.

I will get back to you all when I check out The Exiled Prince!!

Goop_10
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Goop_10 on Mar 25, 11 2:46 AM
Maybe this week there will be 2 SV game!!!

I tried this game last month in CE, and i don't quite like it.

Yes, the graphics and scenes are wonderful but there're too many Hidden Object scenes for me. Not bad but no buy for me.

This is a really good game if you want to try!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 25, 11 2:53 AM
I'm the contrary one this time. I had a hard enough struggle with the first one, Briar Rose, teeny frags, wandering and all. But I did finish finally and yes beautiful graphics and well made.

Seems there was a lot of confusion on the CE version, SG not matching up to the casual mode and maybe glitches and tech issues. Hope they got them all ironed out for this SE and a compatible walkthrough. I can hear the frog adventurers cheering so enjoy. Glad there is something for everyone, I'm off to grab the simpler HOG on DD today and relax.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 25, 11 2:59 AM
This is a really good frog (ihog) with wonderful graphics and gameplay. A buy for me

lisette42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lisette42 on Mar 25, 11 3:10 AM
I put a message in the technical section but I wondered if anyone else has got the title page Collectors Edition. Is this the normal edition or have they made a mistake

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 25, 11 3:18 AM
Lisette
I had the same prob and I know I downloaded the SE but it said CE so I deleted and am trying agan.

BF make a mistake? Ummmm .....

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 25, 11 3:28 AM
I already have the CE of this game but am tempted to d/l the SE just to admire the stunningly beautiful graphics! For those that haven't played the CE, this is all fragmented object searches so if you don't like those, you won't like this! The puzzles vary from fairly easy to very challenging; nice storyline, all very fairytale and pretty, good length of gameplay and again I have to mention the gorgeous graphics. When the fragment searches are completed, the inventory is filled with items to drool over!! The glass slipper is my favourite; I'll have a pair of those please ;-)

A wonderful game and much credit to the devs for the time and effort it must have taken to create this beautiful piece of work.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Mar 25, 11 4:10 AM
Amen to your comment Angelfish!! The graphics are choice. I am only a little over 30 minutes into the demo and I know I am going to buy. I like the puzzles, the fog rolling in, the beauty of the area.

It has been awhile since I just had to find items that went together in the hidden object fields and to tell you the truth it was refreshing. I was getting a little tired of reading a list. The objects were not hard to find...the hint button helped me a couple of times.

So far this is a good adventure and a well put together game. Try the demo yourself or look through the walkthrough at the graphics. Amazing. The games are so much better today than they were. They just keep getting better and better. Clever people make this little old fishie happy. thanks to the developers for the fantastic game and to Big Fish for bringing it to us. Well worth the $6.99

just on graphics alone. Satisfaction in all is A+A+A+A+A+

HAVE FUN!!

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 25, 11 4:29 AM
AngelFish said:

I already have the CE of this game but am tempted to d/l the SE just to admire the stunningly beautiful graphics!

Any chance you got this sentence backwards? If you have the CE why would you want to download the SE?

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 25, 11 4:47 AM
I just checked the release date of the CE and it was almost exactly a month ago. Looks like the SE releases might be speeding up a little.

Enjoy, this one took me ages to finish.

[Post New]by iraceitaly on Mar 25, 11 5:10 AM
Hi, just wondering if the bonus game in CE is worth the extra $? Or should I buy the SE? I don't mind paying for CE if the bonus game is worth it. Cheers, Angela

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 25, 11 5:14 AM
iraceitaly wrote:Hi, just wondering if the bonus game in CE is worth the extra $? Or should I buy the SE? I don't mind paying for CE if the bonus game is worth it. Cheers, Angela

I don't think the bonus play is worth the extra money but the strategy guide was.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 25, 11 5:24 AM
This game is a keeper, I played the demo, beautiful graphics love the music, BF has really been good to us this month..There are so many games to choose from, but this one is really fun..Happy gaming everyone..

lisette42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lisette42 on Mar 25, 11 6:28 AM
Hi, although the welcome screen comes up with CE version, after I bought it the correct version comes up on the screen and you can continue with the game from the end of the trial without having to start again.

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Mar 25, 11 6:34 AM
Thanx, Lisette!

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Mar 25, 11 7:10 AM
What a nice way to start the day. I have been waiting for this game. I don't usually like frog games because the items are too small; however, this one is great. The items are large enough to see but well hidden. Now, if they would just release the SE on Maestro, that would make me a really happy camper. Graphics are great, I like clicking on the frogs to make them jump around just for kicks. Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Mar 25, 11 7:15 AM
lucyloket wrote:Sorry Gasualgran - I couldn't wait.................

YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!

IT'S FINALLY HERE!

I'm off to D/L & play - Laters Fishies

Update - I love, love, LOVE, this game! And I've just found it's got morphing objects too.
The graphics are superb, the story is great - and I personally ADORE FROGS (game type and animal!!)
I've just got to chapter 3 after an hour-ish of playing and I think there's at least 9 (?) chapters? I've got to pace myself so I get to enjoy every little bit............
I guess I'd have to say - this is just about my Fave game EVER!!
Now, as a middle aged woman, I shall return to my usual mature, sensible self - not!!

Absolutely 5 out of 5 for me.

Thanks for such a timely post and update! I usually don't enjoy FROGs, but later on I may give this one a whirl since it seems to have so many fans.

Go to: