bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden World of Art

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 25, 11 2:15 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Hidden World of Art? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden World of Art

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Mar 25, 11 12:15 PM
if you're a fan of pure HOG, then this might be a good purchase for you. you are a recent art graduate, specializing in restoring paintings. you get an apartment and put out an ad. condescending clients hire you to fix their paintings, and you earn money by finding the hidden objects or spotting the differences. the money you earn can be spent to furnish your apartment.

the objects are generally not difficult to find, though when you're looking for 25 of something I guess you're bound to miss one. they also have a stage where you're looking for two of a kind, or 17 pairs. the pairs are identical - two fish for example (that look almost alike), instead of two stamps (where one stamps paper, and the other goes on a letter) or a gun and bullets.

every single scene is a painting. the items *really* stand out for the most part, almost like someone put a glowing transparency of the hidden objects over a picture. there is no timer, though you do get more money for finding the objects more quickly. there is also a "bonus" where they'll add three items to find to the top of the list, and if you find those three in a row you get additional money.

it's not a "buy" for me, just not interesting enough with no real story line and nothing to do but find objects in paintings.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 25, 11 12:35 PM
I found this game kind of light and airy after all the dark ones(which I ) and I enjoyed looking at the paintings. Sort of like a trip to a museum! ! I liked the mechanics of the game. It is a simple straigtforward HOG and I found it relaxing. It is a buy for me. Too simple I'm sure for many, but, it was nice not to be slogging throught a dark cellar or bog in the dark of night! My suggestion is try it, you might like it ! And as a DD it's nice for the price! Happy Gaming Everyone

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Mar 25, 11 4:43 PM
loved this game and as a dd... absolute steal. really enjoyed the 'art'. made a nice change from the darker games recently.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Apr 9, 11 12:27 PM
I also enjoyed this game as a nice, relaxing break from the spooky ones I usually play.

There are quite a few "spot the difference" parts, though, which I know some fishies don't like. Also, you kind of have to deal with a few mixed up labels for things, but not too bad.

One really weird part was the sounds. They put really weird sounds in the background...never really figured that out. LOL

But, it was really nice looking at the artwork!

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Sep 17, 11 6:25 PM
I just finished the demo. Loved it! Not for those who don't like spot the difference puzzles, though. These are not the quick "find ten differences" type. The ones I did had 22 differences and some of them are tricky! But I like the art aspect and also decorating the apartment, although I assume that the items get nicer as you "trade up." The first and second rug choices are horrible. But the second wallpaper choice is awesome. Can't wait to get the full game and keep going!

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Oct 18, 11 8:19 AM
Awesome game . . . Just be careful when you go someplace like the Boston Museum of Art - you'll be looking for buckets & cellphones in the Impressionist art . . .

Ali2106
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Ali2106 on Sep 30, 12 1:23 AM
this is such a breezy, relaxing game. As a bit of an arty type, I liked the fact they used real works of art to showcase in the game. I loved upgrading the apartment, although I wish there had of been more options, I felt a bit limited.

This is a game that's fairly quick to finish which was a bit disappointing. But I still loved it

Ali

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Sep 30, 12 9:01 AM
Ali2106 wrote:this is such a breezy, relaxing game. As a bit of an arty type, I liked the fact they used real works of art to showcase in the game. I loved upgrading the apartment, although I wish there had of been more options, I felt a bit limited.

This is a game that's fairly quick to finish which was a bit disappointing. But I still loved it

Ali

I see you finished the game. I can't find the rubber boot in the picture with the woman with an opened umbrella with 2 men at her sides, maybe the 18th painting. I kept restarting hoping for another set of items to find, but always the rubber boot is there and the hint doesn't work for that item. I hope you read this and tell me where the rubber boot is located.

Go to: