bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Maestro: Music of Death

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 26, 11 2:04 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Maestro: Music of Death? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Maestro: Music of Death

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 26, 11 3:06 AM
Tee Hee! Missed being first today - LOL!

I enjoyed the CE trial that I played, but like a lot of people, I wait for the SEs (I want twice as much gameplay for twice as much money).

High quality graphics, a mix of Hid Obj & puzzles and ok music (but I turn it off anyway!)
I agree with Casualgran (sorry for yesterdays misspell CG!) that it seems as tho' things are becoming a little repetitive in the storyboards/style/puzzles. However, I also remember that it was only about 12 months ago when reviewers were raving about straight Hid Obj games but now expect more from our purchases - iHog/Frog/Adventure/game length/ morphing obj (ok, that might just be me ) etc - the poor developers probably need a few months to catch up and think up the next evolution in gameplay for us!!

I might wait and use next month's credit to get this, then again, I could well end up paying for it now.............

4 out of 5 from me.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 26, 11 5:07 AM
I have the CE and love this game, have replayed it several times. I actually liked this one more than the last Puppet Show CE, perhaps because I was not familiar with the Maestro story. Hope all the fishies enjoy!

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Mar 26, 11 6:41 AM
I have been waiting for this to come out and was thrilled this morning when I saw it. Two games back to back that I have been waiting for. Works for me!!!!!
Good game and graphics are great.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Mar 26, 11 6:53 AM
graphics are great and so is the story but there were too many hidden object scenes for my liking.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Mar 26, 11 6:56 AM
can't wait to try it ..stopping by to read reviews first tho.....
yes, i agree on the very slight repitiveness of IHOG games...

i would really like to see more of a reality IHOG come along...where if you messed up or made the wrong choice you would lose your life...that way you would have to play smart and ponder your choices
of course there would have to be checkpoints so no one would have to start back to the beginning ...like many many checkpoints

grma61
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by grma61 on Mar 26, 11 7:11 AM
Played the CE and liked it very much but I went ahead and bought another CE, glad the SE came out today, its a buy for me but I'm waiting for my free game club credit that I'm supposed to get shortly lol

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 7:12:33 AM PST

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 26, 11 8:32 AM
Firstly, I didn't get a chance to review the CE so this is all new to me

I have played for 36 minutes. I think agree with CG in most respects. This has beautiful graphics. No characters sliding in and out of the conversation scene - Beautiful animation.

But.......Can we stop with the dark? Look, I am never bothered by the dark, witch, evil scenes and storylines many fishes take issues with. However, there is something that is annoying about the repetitive dark mysteries. On the one hand, this type of IHOGs sell...a hot ticket item...on the other hand they have desensitized us.

Anyways, I will finish my demo to this beautiful game but I don't know if I will buy. Maybe I need to find some game with happy, singing ponies so that I am not jaded so much in the future

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 10:13:33 AM PST

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Mar 26, 11 8:42 AM
so far so good. too bad the CE wont work on my computer. i would have really liked to buy it, but every time i tried to download it kept downloading and installing over and over and over. so i tried the game without CE and i played 30 min, and decided to buy it. like i said so far so good. bought the other CE's that came out. really good games. no problems.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Mar 26, 11 9:34 AM
geri_mac wrote:graphics are great and so is the story but there were too many hidden object scenes for my liking.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I don't like too many H0G scenes either so will take this into consideration. I've only played 15 mins of demo so far. I will play demo for a bit longer before making my mind up. I never demo or play any CE's. I'm rather a skinflint and as I don't like the screen savers etc or a few mins extra play I am very happy to wait to the SE's come out.

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Mar 26, 11 9:45 AM
Bought the CE and loved it! I know I don't post much but I always read comments whilr DL'ing and for help during the "tough spots" in some games. GL and happy gaming to all u fishies who had the will-power to wait for SE to come out!

P.S. OMG I morphed, yay me LOL

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Mar 26, 11 9:50 AM
QEIII wrote:
geri_mac wrote:graphics are great and so is the story but there were too many hidden object scenes for my liking.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I don't like too many H0G scenes either so will take this into consideration. I've only played 15 mins of demo so far. I will play demo for a bit longer before making my mind up. I never demo or play any CE's. I'm rather a skinflint and as I don't like the screen savers etc or a few mins extra play I am very happy to wait to the SE's come out.
Agree with you both and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't buy a CE (I mainly can't afford the price)lol

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Mar 26, 11 10:01 AM
I have the CE of this and it is a brilliant game, I really enjoyed it and will be playing again at some point I am sure. As with all ERS games, it is good quality and a fun game. I like a lot of H.O scenes myself so this is perfect for me.

Would def. recommend to anyone, especially with the "(removed by moderator)" sale this weekend when you can grab it for $4.99

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 11:18:25 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Mar 26, 11 11:21 AM

thanks for the info. I won't even bother downloading it, knowing that. I like adventure games with some H O scenes thrown in, but if there are to many I just get bored.

uschina
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by uschina on Mar 26, 11 11:21 AM
seahorsequeen wrote:
QEIII wrote:

Agree with you both and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who doesn't buy a CE (I mainly can't afford the price)lol

Same here, I don't like this hidden object scenes at all - wonder what is hidden
about it ? The developers throw the items around in a picture and we have to put up
with that boring clicking. What a cheap lengthening of a game !!!

cmcating
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cmcating on Mar 26, 11 11:33 AM
The sale surely is super secret. I can't find it. Where did you see it? Or what is the sale code?

Rachieroos wrote:I have the CE of this and it is a brilliant game, I really enjoyed it and will be playing again at some point I am sure. As with all ERS games, it is good quality and a fun game. I like a lot of H.O scenes myself so this is perfect for me.

Would def. recommend to anyone, especially with the "(removed by moderator)" sale this weekend when you can grab it for $4.99

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 11:18:50 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 26, 11 1:32 PM
The graphics are beautiful! I'm so happy this game is here, for those of us who wait for SE. I am getting a little tired of all the scary and gory games,but they seem to make the best graphics and puzzles for these types of games. The music is very haunting and makes for a spookier game play. Of course it's a great game and ERS never seem's to let me down.

I rate this game: FINE SWINE

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

‘ ‘
(o)

dawnette
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dawnette on Mar 26, 11 2:47 PM
cmcating,
you use the code (removed by moderator) in the code area when you buy the game.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 11:19:04 AM PST

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Mar 26, 11 4:46 PM
Great game - from the opening scenes to the first task I was hooked. Excellent graphics, music okay [is a little choppy at times], good story line. The hint recharges a little slowly but not a major issue.

The game flowed and caught my attention from the first.

A buy for me
rate this one and 1/2 out of 5

and with the (removed by moderator) code getting this on sale made it all the nicer

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 11:19:19 AM PST

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Mar 26, 11 5:51 PM
Does anyone else find the detective in "Maestro" a little lightweight, mayhaps even a tad foppish? He needs a broom to sweep away a few not-even-wet leaves, doesn't want to get a few drops of wine on his clothes and don't get him started on the cobwebs! Good God, Man, there's people aging and dying overnight all around you, not to mention a little girl and Mom who need saving...do you think the situation might call for getting your hands a little dirty?!? Sheesh...

I'm about 1/3 or half way (?) through the non-CE version and enjoying it just fine. After playing the trial, I decided to play in "expert" mode, which I don't normally select. It's still a little too "easy". I don't like things to be too obvious, preferring to puzzle things out more. I don't like to race through. It's well worth a game credit though; well worth it!

Go to: