bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Maestro: Music of Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 26, 11 2:05 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Post any Maestro: Music of Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by dewieee on Mar 26, 11 11:56 AM
The game appears to be lagging pretty badly for me. 5 second pauses when changing screens. May be my computer, but haven't been having trouble with this.

[Post New]by ShineaYuki on Mar 27, 11 4:28 AM
I've got problems in the frist hidden object scene in the opera house. I found everything, but it wo0n't let me paint the swallow ón the violin red. Stupid game, because I know that there was the same problem in the CE!!!

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 27, 11 4:33 AM
I remember having issues with the CE edition demo too. I downloaded the demo and it when I click on play game, nothing happens. I believe I have enough of the right components needed. Any ideas? I have tried reinstalling and shutting down and restarting. Anything else? It really looks like a good game and I hate missing it.
Thanks to any input.

lisette42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lisette42 on Mar 27, 11 4:36 AM
It keeps crashing my computer and I don't enjoy rebooting it completely. It happens when I try to pick up the glued halves and when I tried to pick up something in the box in the cellar, it just hangs.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 27, 11 7:18 AM
dewieee wrote:The game appears to be lagging pretty badly for me. 5 second pauses when changing screens. May be my computer, but haven't been having trouble with this.

I don't know if this will help your problem but it helped mine--for me, many ERS games lag terribly on many screens, usually the ones with lots of mist/fog/etc. This game was doing the same thing when I demo'd the CE. Messing around in the forum I found a hint that has helped a LOT with this lagging problem.

Simply go to your computer settings and change the colors to medium 16 bit instead of 32 bit. Also you can right click on the game icon and change the compatibility to 256 colors. (you have to get to the target icon of the game, not the shortcut, to do this).

In addition, I moved the slider on my hardware acceleration down one notch (it's normally on full).

Between those things, ERS games that used to clog up my system badly are now working *almost* normally. Some screens with excesses of fog are still a bit slow, but nowhere near like before--before, they were unplayable.

Try some or all of these settings before opening the game and see what happens.

Hope it helps.

bee4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bee4u on Mar 27, 11 10:45 AM
Downloaded the game and click to play.... nothing happens. Uninstalled the game and downloaded again.... still nothing. I guess I'll keep my credit untill this is fixed. Getting tired of the bugs.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 10:45:46 AM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 27, 11 6:43 PM
I too am having a "sticky" cursor and some lag between scenes. Not sure if I buy if it will correct itself or not. Would like to while the sale is still on this weekend though..... Hmmmmmm

Lean

EDIT - Well I just couldn't stand it! I so wanted to play the whole game that I took the chance, bought and lo and behold it played a bit better once I had downloaded the entire game (not just the trial)! YIPPEE! Been waiting for this one for awhile!

Lean

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 9:24:04 PM PST

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Mar 27, 11 7:07 PM
I didn't have any problem playing the game. No lagging, no weird cursor...for once in a very long time I haven't had a problem with a game!!! This was a fantastic game, I really enjoyed this one.

Deb

[Post New]by icelolly on Mar 29, 11 6:36 AM
hi i have just used a credit to buy this game and was loving it . but i too can not paint the red swallow. i can hold the brush and hover all over the swallow on the bass but it just wont paint red so i cant progress any ideas??

gamerdash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gamerdash on Mar 29, 11 9:51 AM
Game doesn't run.

[Post New]by cindymess on Mar 29, 11 5:24 PM
Try putting the handle of the brush near the tip of the swallows right wing. This finally worked for me after a couple days of trying.

[Post New]by stephanie482 on Mar 30, 11 1:16 PM
I knew from the reviews that I'd love this game, but in order to test it on my system, I dl'd the sample version of the SE just to make sure there were no problems. It played beautifully, so I bought within 30 minutes. Now the nightmare has begun. I cannot, just CANNOT get the full version to download. Been waiting nearly five hours now. Granted, my internet connection is S-L-O-W, but I've never had a game take more than half an hour to download. And for some reason, it's one step forward and two steps back. I made it to 42% downloaded with no problems, got up to get a soda, came back and it said 31%. How is this possible? I thought, OK, maybe I read it wrong the first time. So I sat down at the computer to watch. I got to about 54% and it said validating...then it slammed me back to 44%. Once I made it all the way up to 80%, and as we speak, I'm back at 69%. What in the world is happening? I tried pausing and restarting, as well as shutting my system down and rebooting. Still the same problem. At this rate, the sequel will be out before I ever get the original! This is bizarre - any suggestions?

ceri4hc
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ceri4hc on Mar 30, 11 2:33 PM
Almost finished the game , no problems DL , no problems through the game until now - Just finished a hidden object which included an item I need to progress........... POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT !!!!
dolls head and it kicks me out to game manager. Have tried the same part a few times and cannot get past this GLITCH. It's a great game and would love to finish it, anyother fishes having trouble at this location ?

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Apr 3, 11 2:23 PM
stephanie482 wrote:I knew from the reviews that I'd love this game, but in order to test it on my system, I dl'd the sample version of the SE just to make sure there were no problems. It played beautifully, so I bought within 30 minutes. Now the nightmare has begun. I cannot, just CANNOT get the full version to download. Been waiting nearly five hours now. Granted, my internet connection is S-L-O-W, but I've never had a game take more than half an hour to download. And for some reason, it's one step forward and two steps back. I made it to 42% downloaded with no problems, got up to get a soda, came back and it said 31%. How is this possible? I thought, OK, maybe I read it wrong the first time. So I sat down at the computer to watch. I got to about 54% and it said validating...then it slammed me back to 44%. Once I made it all the way up to 80%, and as we speak, I'm back at 69%. What in the world is happening? I tried pausing and restarting, as well as shutting my system down and rebooting. Still the same problem. At this rate, the sequel will be out before I ever get the original! This is bizarre - any suggestions?

I'm having the same sort of problem
I had problems with trying to download the CE so got a refund. I've fixed my Game Manager & downloaded other games with no problems but with Maestro SE the game kept downloading to approximately 77 >80% then it would stop to validate & then re-start from 69 > 70%. It did that 4 times & the last time it was at 75% the download seemed to freeze then GM stated there had been an error downloading & it re-started from the begining again!

Our internet connection is slow (& sometimes erratic) as we live in a rural area but I'm wondering if it's the game not our Internet.

ETA: I've fixed my problem; I doubt you can do what I did (I moved the modem to a better reception area) but have you tried closing down your broswer window & ensuring you download the game when no one else is using the Internet?

Once our modem had a strong signal, it quickly downloaded so I think this game needs a good connection (speed definitely helps )

Good luck with fixing your problem

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 9:51:03 PM PST

[Post New]by The_Bobster on Apr 3, 11 5:45 PM
This is the second game that I have gotten from Big Fish that locks up on a scene even when I added the item it needs. In this case, It is the photo on the desk that you have to put together. I found and added the missing piece and it still says it is not there and needs it, even though you can clearly see it. Please tell me what the fix is.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Apr 3, 11 10:01 PM
The_Bobster wrote:This is the second game that I have gotten from Big Fish that locks up on a scene even when I added the item it needs. In this case, It is the photo on the desk that you have to put together. I found and added the missing piece and it still says it is not there and needs it, even though you can clearly see it. Please tell me what the fix is.

Sorry, I can't help you yet as I've only just managed to download the game. Have you contacted Customer Support?

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Apr 4, 11 2:56 PM
stephanie482 wrote:I knew from the reviews that I'd love this game, but in order to test it on my system, I dl'd the sample version of the SE just to make sure there were no problems. It played beautifully, so I bought within 30 minutes. Now the nightmare has begun. I cannot, just CANNOT get the full version to download. Been waiting nearly five hours now. Granted, my internet connection is S-L-O-W, but I've never had a game take more than half an hour to download. And for some reason, it's one step forward and two steps back. I made it to 42% downloaded with no problems, got up to get a soda, came back and it said 31%. How is this possible? I thought, OK, maybe I read it wrong the first time. So I sat down at the computer to watch. I got to about 54% and it said validating...then it slammed me back to 44%. Once I made it all the way up to 80%, and as we speak, I'm back at 69%. What in the world is happening? I tried pausing and restarting, as well as shutting my system down and rebooting. Still the same problem. At this rate, the sequel will be out before I ever get the original! This is bizarre - any suggestions?

I forgot to ask if you've tried using the 'Alternalte Method' of downloading in the Game Manager? It's under Options > Advance Settings. Some people have written that using the Alternate setting worked when the default setting didn't; the only problem is you shouldn't pause the download.

biggamer25
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by biggamer25 on Apr 14, 11 4:51 PM
Hi all

I can't even get the game to play from my desktop. I played it yesterday and it keeps telling me that another game is playing and if I wanted to uninstall it I had to stop the other game. There is no other game on my computer playing.This is a game that I bought because I really liked playing the demo. This isn't only game I have another that is not working also.
Well I guess I'm going to have to ask for another game.

thanks for listening all I hope something comes up soon for all.

[Post New]by AussiePuzzler on Apr 15, 11 1:41 AM
I'm certainly not going to buy a games, whose demo doesn't start. Disappointing...

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 1:41:59 AM PST

Go to: