bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition! March 26, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 26, 11 1:46 PM
We have a new version of Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition available now. This new version of the game fixes:

- Opening portal to spirit realm before collecting juniper blocks progress – customers who have already opened the portal will need to start over. You are now unable to open portal without the Juniper.

- Title in windows title bar missing the Collector's Edition title.

We apologize greatly for the trouble and thank you for your patience while this was being worked on. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

alekann
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition! March 26,

[Post New]by alekann on Mar 26, 11 5:41 PM
I am obviously one of those that opened the portal w/o the juniper, but are you saying that with this new version we have to start over from the very beginning?
As much as I hate to miss the ending and bonus play, I don't wish to start over. I really loved this game, had a great time with it, spent hours exploring, but I am not the type that likes to play games over. Contact Support for a refund?

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition! March 26,

[Post New]by Debnfla on Mar 27, 11 8:46 AM
Thank You!!!!!
Now I can buy this game tomorrow!!! I'm excited now and this will be my reward for having to go to the dentist!!!! I will be good and not squirm so I can feel good about buying Shiver!!! LOL

Deb

[Post New]by coonsy on Mar 27, 11 5:03 PM
I looked at my purchase history and it shows the date of 03/24/11 as the download date. How do I get the 03/26/11 version? I also had a problem with the juniper item.

Bill

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Mar 27, 11 5:30 PM
coonsy, you will have to go to your game manager and uninstall the game. Click the little trash can on the right. Then go to your purchase history in "my account" and download the new version. All the games in your purchase history can be downloaded as many times as you need to on your computer. But with Shiver, you'll have to start the game over again from scratch. Your progress will not be saved with this new version. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by FEsposito128 on Mar 28, 11 6:01 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it took me right back to where I left off with the same problem of not being able to progress. Any ideas?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Mar 29, 11 6:54 AM
FEsposito128 wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it took me right back to where I left off with the same problem of not being able to progress. Any ideas?

If you had already opened the portal and then were stuck, you are going to have to start the game over with a new player name/profile in order to get past this glitch.

[Post New]by The_Bobster on Apr 1, 11 9:18 AM
This game has a glitch in the operating room. I attached the power cable to the x-ray machine and it says the power cable is still missing.

[Post New]by swoodward on Apr 1, 11 10:37 AM
Just finished the regular mode and onto the bonus mode. I really love this game for the story, the great effects and even had me a little startled a couple of times. I also enjoy the challenge of the game, however my con is that on many of the searches, I have no idea what to do and need to refer to the stratagy guide to locate many items when I was stuck (ie: the eyeball). However, this is a super great game - one of my favorites - thank you for making a quality game.

[Post New]by The_Bobster on Apr 1, 11 12:17 PM
Has anyone else had the same issue I mentioned?

[Post New]by harmonymac on Apr 1, 11 3:25 PM
[yes/ same prob. stuc in morgue can't get anywhere!!! only bought this yesterday/so a assuming I have updated version. Anyone got any ideas?

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Apr 1, 11 3:28 PM
FEsposito128 wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but it took me right back to where I left off with the same problem of not being able to progress. Any ideas?

When you re-installed did you start a new profile? I think you need to do this - it worked for me in the past.

[Post New]by The_Bobster on Apr 1, 11 4:56 PM
Will reinstalling it fix this problem? It looks like this needs a patch.

[Post New]by thebadgogo on May 21, 11 2:04 PM
The_Bobster wrote:This game has a glitch in the operating room. I attached the power cable to the x-ray machine and it says the power cable is still missing.

Same problem. Anyone find a solution yet?

[Post New]by Habs1982 on Sep 10, 11 7:28 PM
I have the exact problem. This is an issue - it needs to be fixed.

Go to: