Edited on 03/27/2011 at 10:42:51 AM PST

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles

[Post New]by rhorho on Mar 27, 11 12:22 AM
LOL
I wish I liked adventure games. Then again, kind of glad I dont. Saves money.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 27, 11 12:29 AM
It looks really amazing... but... sadly... it keeps crashing on me. I'll try again tomorrow to see if it's just my computer otherwise hope they fix it soon. Curious to see if anyone else has issues. I kept getting memory buffer type errors (and I have a new system with TONS of free memory so... )

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 27, 11 12:32 AM
The link for the walkthrough isn't working yet, and it's not showing up when I click the News tab, but it should be posted soon.

I'm not very good at Adventure games, so I'm going to wait for the WT to post before I go any further. In the meantime, I can tell you one nice thing about the options menu. It has a control to change the resolution right in the Options menu, which is great - I hate having to leave the game and fix it from my desktop. '

I was a bit worried when I saw the screenshots, because the odd angle made me think that this was a 360 degree panning game. It isn't, so I won't have any problems with motion sickness.

The voice-overs seem good so far, and navigation is standard for Adventure games (follow the arrows, big X to get out of close-ups.) The graphics look good so far, too. It's first-person perspective, meaning that it's like you are walking around in the scenes, NOT the kind of game where you are looking at dots that are supposed to be people, looking down from above.

Hopefully, someone who is much better with the genre can give a more detailed review. With the sale this weekend, I'll probably buy it once I figure out what I'm doing. Have fun!

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 12:34:49 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 27, 11 12:35 AM
Thank you sinshack

Basics first.
Option are, resolution, full screen, sub titles, music and effects volume.
Played in full screen for me. Th first colour puzzle was reasonably easy, the easel puzzle more luck to me than judgement.
You have inventory items which in some cases need to be combined.
As there is no walkthrough up yet, some fishies may find this a little difficult if they have not played games like the Mysterious Island one.
I need more time to evaluate this one. Have a nice Sunday all!

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 12:36:51 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 27, 11 12:41 AM
rhorho wrote:LOL
I wish I liked adventure games. Then again, kind of glad I dont. Saves money.

If you are new to Adventure games, you might want to wait until the Walkthrough posts, look it over, then dowload the demo if it seems interesting. Since there is a $4.99 sale this weekend for members, it's the perfect time to try a new genre.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 27, 11 12:47 AM
Well, I like adventure games. But this one is nothing for me. You can't skip a puzzle, that is a pitty. I found it again a dark game. No buy for me this time.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Mar 27, 11 12:58 AM
Tried to play the demo but didn't like this one at all. It's a no buy this time.

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Mar 27, 11 12:59 AM
This is going to be a great game for those who love puzzles and challenges. There is no way to skip a puzzle though, so this is not for me.

ZuluDawn13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by ZuluDawn13 on Mar 27, 11 1:06 AM
I found this game rather frustrating,

The easel fixing thing with 3 wheels and mixing the paint colours puzzle its a shame there is NO Skip.

I do like adventure games and maybe I should try again later when a WT pops up.

In the meanwhile to those fishies who have more patience enjoy..

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Mar 27, 11 1:20 AM
**Spoiler Alert**

I have only played about twenty minutes of the demo, but I thought I would register my opinion before going to bed.

The comments so far haven't been encouraging, which I understand: the art work is interesting, but seems almost expressionistic, which struck me as a bit ironic since we are supposed to be in the Netherlands in 1520, which is the age of the Renaissance artist Pieter Bruegel.

I have hit two mini-games so far. One is "aspectus"--that is, combining colors into vials and trying to make them end up the right color by the bottom (after adding 2-4 other colors). I've gotten them all, but it's not enough to make me want to play the game further. The other mini-game I've encountered is a lock game: you have four locks with springs that you need to align. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out that you need to keep them all going up and down to try to hit a straight line to click on the lock (on the right). Also, not play that makes me want to continue. This appears to be an adventure game, so I haven't hit any hidden object scenes.

I have "talked" with a number of people and have collected a whole lot of objects, but haven't yet any concrete ideas of how to use the objects to satisfy the demands of the people or solve any of the clues.

So, I didn't instantly want to purchase this game: the jury is out from my point of view, but I will continue with the demo tomorrow at some point.

I look forward to hearing the reactions of other fishes!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 27, 11 1:28 AM
Well I like adventure games and tried this game for 31 minutes and although the graphics are very dark I did manage to amass rather a lot of objects from different places around the town and speak to different people.

What I didn't like was repeating the puzzles. Yes I did say repeating the puzzles .

In the time that I played I solved the gear puzzle once ... the mixing red/blue/green colours 3 times ... the picking the lock 4 times.

That is too many times for me and I quit the game before I had to do any more.

Sorry developers but you need more variety in your puzzles.

Cherb

Olliesgirl
Shark
Shark
12,073 Posts

[Post New]by Olliesgirl on Mar 27, 11 1:42 AM
I too agree with alot of comments on here. I tried the demo for some minutes, found the graphics dull, without depth. Shame about the puzzles, no skip button. I really wanted to like this one as the Big Sale is on but not for long !!! I shall pass and hope I can find something abit more lively out there !!
Enjoy your Sunday everyone !!

Olliesgirl

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 27, 11 1:47 AM
Thanks for the tip, cherbtoo! I've played the bottle one twice and came to the lockicking for the second time and simply couldn't be bothered. As it seems the same puzzles turn up and very quickly as well, it's a no buy for me. Shame cos I loved the look of the game.

JLnn
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by JLnn on Mar 27, 11 1:58 AM
Where is the information about the sale?? I can't find any info about a sale.

thanks!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 27, 11 1:59 AM
I missed it too. It's in your email - daily splash I think.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 27, 11 2:07 AM
I am a lover of adventure games. But not this one. Just the fact, that they don't have a skip button for the puzzles, is enought to put you off. The graphics and story were very depressing, I thought. But like I always say, give it a try for yourself to see if you like it. I'm sure I'm not alone in not liking it.

I rate this game: TROTTER

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

‘ ‘
(o)

JLnn
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by JLnn on Mar 27, 11 2:07 AM
Found it!
thanks

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 27, 11 2:09 AM
JLnn wrote:Where is the information about the sale?? I can't find any info about a sale.

thanks!

Yes as vicalana says, the info came by email, I only got mine sent to me last night and it runs out at midnight tonight! I was also a little miffed to be told in the same email about "The Super March Sweepstake"!!!! Talk about shoving things in our faces, when no one outside the US is eligible to enter! (I live in the UK) LOL!

Back to the game. I like this and it is very difficult, so as someone else said patience is needed. The puzzles have been repetitive but they also get easier with experience, so I am flying through them now. I am more interested to find out what I do with the 17 inventory items that I have found so far. LOL!

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Mar 27, 11 2:26 AM
I do like playing adventure games, but 21 items with know idea what to do with them, and the same mini games over and over. I think this will be a miss, I'll wait for a walkthrough see what that say's

Go to: