brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Chocolatier DD--Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 27, 11 12:55 AM
Post 'em if you got them. Happy gaming fishies.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Chocolatier DD--Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 27, 11 12:58 AM
I've owned this game for a couple years. It was the first I believe in a series of 3 games. It's a very good game for $2.99. Chocolatier Decandence by design is the best of the 3 in my opinion. I liked the creating aspect. This is a good game as well. I have played it many times. Ports open up as you progress, and each port has new ingredients for new types of candy to make.

Lisa_111
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_111 on Mar 27, 11 1:08 AM
Does this mean maybe that a new game will be out soon. I would buy that in a second. This whole series is so much fun.

Edited on 03/27/2011 at 1:08:43 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Mar 27, 11 5:27 AM
I've played this series backwards so it seems logical I should buy this since it's the only one I don't have. I love the challenge of each order and finding the ingredients.

Essentially you have to travel around to different ports to gather ingredients for your inventory and see if anyone has a special order. You shoot the ingredients/arcade style but simple into a vat and then the factory makes the chocolates for you every week. You then sell these chocolates for money.

The ingredients usually get fairly exotic. In the other games you have a chance to earn enough to buy some of the stores and factories. These games take awhile to play and are great fun.

Replayer
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Replayer on Mar 27, 11 7:29 AM
Love the Chocolatier series. Have played all of them many times.

Just be careful, if you travel to a place with no factory, and no candy shop, and you don't have enough money to get back, you will have to start over from the beginning.

Watch your inventory, your location, and your cash.

Have fun.

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Mar 27, 11 11:34 AM
The whole Chocolatier series is a lot of fun. There is no time pressure except when you are trying to set a factory to manufacture chocolates. If you don't like the results, you can try again. I don't think that qualifies as pressure. All your decisions can be made at your leisure. I have replayed this game many times.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Mar 27, 11 12:25 PM
Tried the game and though it was a lot of fun, I'm not partial to time management type games. Give me a timer on a Hog or Frog and I've no problem. Guess I'm not cut out for the chocolate business!

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on Mar 27, 11 2:33 PM
I love the Chocolatier games as well, like many others. For those interested, this is NOT Time Management. It is a stragegy / sim game. There are minigames to complete, to determine how many items per turn your factory will produce, so there's a bit of arcade-style action there. For any who have tried Lavender's Botanicals or Winemaker Extraordinaire, they were both attempts to create this same type of game. I have played those as well, and my opinion is that they did not do as well.

For $2.99, I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes "tycoon"-style games, or games with a bit of strategy. The arcade minigames are my least favorite part, but it's still a great deal.

Go to: