bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Jewels of Cleopatra - Released on December 09, 2006

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 18, 08 5:53 PM
Start your Egyptian adventure as you match tiles on your way through the Nile Valley. As archaeologist Dr. Felicity Turnstone, you must make your way through hidden tombs and underground catacombs. Your task is complicated by a competing art dealer who is up to no good. Unlock treasure chests filled with items that will help clear obstacles from your path. Are you up to the challenges held by the Jewels of Cleopatra?

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Jewels of Cleopatra - Released on December 09, 2006

[Post New]by kevabear on Feb 27, 10 6:43 AM
Well, Nobody has posted on this game. Just tried it and love it. Definitely a keeper. Interesting match three game. Only real down side that I find is the scarab race, makes me feel quite queezy and it can't be skipped. Otherwise it's a very fun match three. Would like to see others thoughts on it.

[Post New]by mistergeorge on Mar 12, 10 7:57 PM
I just found Jewels of Cleopatra 2 on another site and it is way cooler than the 1st one. Can't wait for it to come on bf and I will get it!

omi52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by omi52 on Mar 14, 10 8:22 AM
How do I move on to other tombs? I thought I finished the first 2 but can not get to others. Please help.

shenzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by shenzie on Mar 29, 10 1:55 PM
Omi52 -
I figured it out - finally. You have to beat the thief after the last room and get an artifact before the next tomb materializes. I've had to play against the thief more than a couple of times in the same tomb in order to progress to the next tomb. I just got stuck like you and went back to the last room and when I clicked on it the challenge from the thief came up again and I remembered I hadn't yet beat him. After finally getting past him, the next tomb materialized so I could click on it and proceed. Hope this is your problem because it's an easy fix.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 12, 10 7:46 AM
Is this game anything like that game that used to be on what is now Big Sea? It was the lady archaeologist with the nemesis who raced her through the tombs. Diana somebody? I really enjoyed that one.

I see a timer on a mini game... Are the minigames skippable? If you lose, do you go on, or have to keep trying till you solve? Are the regular levels timed? If so, do you get a long time. If this is timed, and the timer is short, I'm not even going to demo it.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 12, 10 8:46 AM
phatkhat, agree completely. Hate timed games. Complete waste of time and money for me. Hope someone answers soon.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 12, 10 11:17 AM
phatkhat and sablesshadow, the mini games are not skipable, but they give you enough time, I had to do the first one over, only because I didn't know that it was timed, the first go around.
I am not an expert on match 3 games, and haven't lost a level yet, so I don't think the actual match 3 levels, are timed.
For the price, you should really give it a try, you might be surprised, like I was, I did much better at it, than I thought I would, so they must give you a generous amount of time, to complete each level.
Hope this helps, have a great day :-)

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Jewels of Cleopatra - CONFUSED

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 12, 10 12:44 PM
I am demoing this game at this moment and have NO IDEA what I am doing -- I understand about how to swap the tiles to get 3 matches but right now, she's at the 2nd tomb (don't know how I got her there) and though she's standing on the edge of it, I can't figure out how to get her IN it. All I am doing is clicking on 3 matches (including where she is standing) but she is STILL standing there.

I am sooooooooo confused; HELP, what am I doing wrong? I normally do hidden objects game and thought this would be a nice change.

MEnr56

Edited on 04/12/2010 at 12:45:37 PM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Jewels of Cleopatra - STILL CONFUSED

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 12, 10 12:58 PM
According to the mini instructions -- they state that if you right-click on her, you can move her in the direction that you want her to go but I found that she also can move on her own.

In addition, the mini instructions show that she can't move unless she's on a gold tile (of which I am now down to 3 -- don't know how I got any of them) but when I placed one -- it did nothing to the tile nor can I move her to that gold tile which I had placed at the end of her walkway.

I REALLY would like to know how to play this game and hopefully, before the end of this day so that I can buy it on the special.

MEnr56

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Apr 12, 10 1:07 PM
MEnr56, you make the gold blocks by making matches. The other gold blocks are bonus extras you can use if there are no matches.

She uses a continuous line of gold blocks to make a path to the exit - in the early levels she will try to get to the exit by herself but I'm not sure if that is true the entire time. You need to right click on the gold blocks to tell show her how to get there. If you aren't sure where the exit is, it and and any reasure chests are shown in the map in the bottom right of the screen.

Also, you can also right click on the treasure chests or exit in that map and she will find her own path through the gold blocks.

Edited on 04/12/2010 at 1:10:54 PM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 12, 10 1:18 PM
karolyneb wrote:MEnr56, you make the gold blocks by making matches. The other gold blocks are bonus extras you can use if there are no matches.

She uses a continuous line of gold blocks to make a path to the exit - in the early levels she will try to get to the exit by herself but I'm not sure if that is true the entire time. You need to right click on the gold blocks to tell show her how to get there. If you aren't sure where the exit is, it and and any reasure chests are shown in the map in the bottom right of the screen.

Also, you can also right click on the treasure chests or exit in that map and she will find her own path through the gold blocks.

Hi
So how do I get her from the edge of the tomb opening into the tomb? Also, if I am understanding you correctly, I need to line up the gold tiles into a line that I want her to go? Because that is not what it shows in the mini instructions -- it shows them placing 1 gold tile at the end of the row and then she goes there.

Thanks for your help but sorry, still need more.

MEnr56

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Apr 12, 10 2:05 PM
MEnr56, I'm sorry if I was confusing , She can walk in any area that is made of gold bricks. The actual path she takes is the green line that the game either makes for you or you place yourself by right-clicking a block or an area on the map.

I just looked at the mini-instructions and think they are somewhat misleading - you don't need to place a gold brick yourself for her to move along the path.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 12, 10 2:21 PM
karolyneb wrote:MEnr56, I'm sorry if I was confusing , She can walk in any area that is made of gold bricks. The actual path she takes is the green line that the game either makes for you or you place yourself by right-clicking a block or an area on the map.

I just looked at the mini-instructions and think they are somewhat misleading - you don't need to place a gold brick yourself for her to move along the path.

Hi Again

Thank you again -- I TRULY appreciate the time you've taken to respond. I've decided that for $3.00 -- I am going to buy it because I've learned that I CAN learn how to play this. One of the things that I've learned is that I was trying to get her to go into the entrance that she'd just come out of; DUHHHH LOLOL , sometimes, I act like a simpleton. Once I realized that error, I was able to get her out of there and into another tomb and at the same time, realized that I was actually getting the hang of it -- on how to play the game.

It's good to get out of the "safety zone" and try something new. Again, thanks for your time and now on my way to purchase.

MEnr56

Edited on 04/12/2010 at 2:22:27 PM PST

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Apr 12, 10 9:31 PM
Will BFG be coming out with Jewels of Cleopatra2 do you think since this is a little older game? Also, MisterGeorge can you send me a PM and tell me what site you found the second one on? Thank you.

elledebbie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by elledebbie on Apr 13, 10 9:40 AM
I am new to BF and have never tried a M3 game before. I am enjoying all the falling tiles/jewels, but have no idea how this works. Having instructions would be nice.

For example I seem to find gold tiles. How am I doing that? Is there a way to know where the collectable gold tiles are? And reading this is, I see I can use these collected gold tiles when I stuck for a gold path??!!??

I see the treasure/dynamite caches and have figured out that I am supposed to get to them.

Later in the tomb with the spider webs, I figured out that the dynamite blows up those blocking rock tiles!!

How do I find critters or is that only later?

So is there a place for instructions?

Thanks for the fun game at such a reasonable price.

[Post New]by nutcracker1 on May 2, 10 5:02 PM
I've been through the first two tombs, and like Omi, I can't get the game to take me to any other tombs. It just keeps taking me back to the one I just completed. And I
DID beat the scoundrel to obtain the artifact, and complete the jigsaw puzzle.

The other thing I'm wondering about is those "special" tiles that sometimes block the path. I missed the instruction on how to break them, so I just have to keep working til I hit on the right thing. I understand what to do with stones--I think--it's those other "specials" I don't know how to transform into usable paths.

Thanks for any help.

Go to: