Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

HdO games, do they release one every day? Mini rant

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Mar 28, 11 8:16 AM
Warning this is a frustrated rant.

I rarely post and it is usually to praise a game, I try really hard not to be a whiner.

BUT!! I'm a bit frustrated that there have been four HdO games offered in the past week.

For the longest time I thought Nevosoft produced the worst games but HdO has taken their place at the bottom of my barrel.

I am beginning to think this developer must release one game a day and the quality of the games reflects this. The play is static and old school, the graphics are blurry or dark, the characters are wooden and the translators are the worst.

I have been here for quite a few years and enjoy the site but when BFG games offers HdO games every other day I am sorely disappointed.

Just my .02 and frustrated rant.

Re:HdO games, do they release one every day? Mini rant

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 28, 11 8:23 AM
I just not upset you, but there is another game coming from HDO. I saw it on a other website.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Mar 28, 11 8:53 AM
Which games are from HdO? I never know the developers.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 28, 11 10:21 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I just not upset you, but there is another game coming from HDO. I saw it on a other website.

Yes, I saw that too. Oh well.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 28, 11 10:26 AM
RenaissanceMom wrote:Which games are from HdO? I never know the developers.

The name of their games usually start with HDO, like HDO 20,000 leagues....... but not at BFG for some reason. Hope this makes sense.

ETA I cannot mention the name of the games, in case BFG has not offered them yet.

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 10:27:31 AM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 28, 11 10:47 AM
I agree with you 100% Boomer47, instead of HDO mass producing games that are so bad, they are un-playable, and not selling anyway.
They should slow down and concentrate on making one good game, the developers need to take a look at games like, Lost in the City: Post Scriptum, Phantasmat, Mishap An Accidental Haunting, Jewel Match3, to get an idea of what makes a great game, and one that sells.
I think you have earned the right, to have a mini rant, I can see first time developers, making a game that is just so, so, there still in the learning phase of making a game, but to just put out one HORRIBLE game after another, without making ANY changes, to me is just pure stupidity and a waste of everybodys time.
I for one am excited everyday, to see what the new game is, on the BF site, so it is very disappointing, when you keep seeing games by HDO, that you know aren't even worth trying anymore, let alone buying.
There, now I have had my mini rant also ...to HDO games.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Mar 28, 11 11:12 AM
Another HdO game, not worth to spend one's time on!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Mar 28, 11 11:26 AM
HdO don't release a game each day, these have been out for ages, but just reaching BFG now.
But I agree with the main point of the OP. I paid £7 in Morissons for a HdO game on disc and I finished it within the hour. Never again.
There's some games still on disc that haven't been sold here yet, so I guess we can look forward to those

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 11:27:03 AM PST

Stariannah
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Stariannah on Mar 28, 11 11:49 AM
Found out why we're stuck with so many of these stinkers. BF is indeed in a partnership with Anuman, the ... er ... "creators" (I wanted to call them something else, but I don't think the filter would allow it) of this HdO Adventure garbage. And yes, these horrible games we're being fed were released ages ago...this "current" one was originally released in November. Of 2009. You can find out all kinds of nauseating information by simply doing a Google of "anuman interactive" or even "hdo adventure." I'm actually APPALLED that Anuman dares to call themselves a "leading" developer. Maybe in France, but certainly not here. Maybe 10 years ago, but CERTAINLY not now. *sigh* Hold on to your horses ladies and gents, 'cause unfortunately, there's plenty more where this came from. BF has about 10 more, at least, that they've got to dump on us.

S.

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 11:49:46 AM PST

[Post New]by kcarole on Mar 28, 11 12:56 PM
I too am not fond of these games. Try them, play for about 10 minutes and uninstall. If they don't quit putting these out all the time I will cancel my account. Also, annoyed at all the CE games. I cannot afford to buy them. They should give a choice and let those that want them buy them and not make everyone else wait.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Mar 28, 11 2:38 PM
these are the games that really make me sick, with the screen moving around so much i do wish they wouldn't do that

[Post New]by jayjaybear on Mar 28, 11 3:03 PM
I was afraid of that...I saw this in TGT and thought..."19th Century Sci-Fi...is this HdO?" And then saw the screenshots and I thought..."That sure looks like an HdO game...darn it!" Then, of course, I checked the forum and sure enough...

HdO is enough to tell me not to bother downloading the trial.

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 3:03:57 PM PST

GameFan
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

HdO games, do they release one every day? Mini rant

[Post New]by GameFan on Mar 28, 11 3:54 PM
Boomer47 wrote:I am beginning to think this developer must release one game a day and the quality of the games reflects this. The play is static and old school, the graphics are blurry or dark, the characters are wooden and the translators are the worst.

I'm so glad I came and read the forum for this game. I really thought I must be the only one that felt this way since they just keep releasing them one after another. I can spot them by the sample screens they all just look so familiar and not in a good way. But they keep cranking them out so someone must be buying them but nice to know of others that feel the same way. I do think it's a little sly for BF not to put the Hdo in from of the names.

tcwjwu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tcwjwu on Mar 31, 11 7:25 PM
I completely agree about the HdO games. Too bad, they have some themes with real potential. I find myself annoyed within minutes of starting a game. The transitions between scenes, the mini games, and above all, the very inaccurate translations make these unplayable for me.

[Post New]by vicpark on Apr 1, 11 1:37 AM
I agree with everyone here! When I settle down for a little Big Fish game time, download the trial, then start playing, my heart sinks when I realise it's another one of these. Please Big Fish Games say if it's an Hdo game so I know not to bother trying it.

Heather_G
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:HdO games, do they release one every day? Mini rant Update

[Post New]by Heather_G on Nov 12, 12 4:28 PM
I saw Profiler was the DD today, and wanted to see if it was worth buying. The player comments mentioned HdO Adventures in a rather poor light, so I came to the forums to learn more.

I have enjoyed a couple of their games, but agree that the cursor-screen movement makes you sick, and is difficult to use when accessing the side bar. I was curious as to why they haven't changed this in their newer games, so I found their site and wrote to them. I'll post if they reply, with any news I gain.

I also asked what HdO stands for, but my guess is it's in French and something like "Hidden d'Objects". We'll see.

[Post New]by hilogogifts on Mar 14, 14 11:02 PM
peglegann wrote:
RenaissanceMom wrote:Which games are from HdO? I never know the developers.

The name of their games usually start with HDO, like HDO 20,000 leagues....... but not at BFG for some reason. Hope this makes sense.

ETA I cannot mention the name of the games, in case BFG has not offered them yet.

hoo. i do not believe it

Go to: