Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

Help with game content, please.

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 28, 11 7:51 PM
I asked this question in the forum for the game but no one has replied so I decided to try my luck here. Please, can someone tell me if there is any occult content in "Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker"? From what I played of the trial, it looks like it might be a good game but I need to know about the content before I decide whether or not to purchase it. Thanks!

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Help with game content, please.

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Mar 28, 11 7:57 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I asked this question in the forum for the game but no one has replied so I decided to try my luck here. Please, can someone tell me if there is any occult content in "Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker"? From what I played of the trial, it looks like it might be a good game but I need to know about the content before I decide whether or not to purchase it. Thanks!

In my opinion, yes...kind of. There are some rituals you have to perform. They don't involve witchcraft or voodoo. The rituals performed have to do with a young boy possessed my an evil Shaman.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Re:Help with game content, please.

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 28, 11 7:57 PM
I only played the demo...I didn't encounter any in that. There are ghosts, but I didn't encounter any occult stuff.

I'm sure someone will come along that will be able to answer this based on the entire game, though. Sorry Itsupik.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 28, 11 8:04 PM
textrekkie and rhonayotte, thank you so much for your quick replies. I really appreciate it. Sometimes, I guess, it pays to come to the pond for help. Thanks, again!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Mar 28, 11 8:35 PM
You are most welcome, Itsupik!

Glad rhonayotte could answer the question for you!
(Isn't she nice!! )

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Mar 28, 11 8:44 PM
textrekkie wrote:You are most welcome, Itsupik!

Glad rhonayotte could answer the question for you!
(Isn't she nice!! )

You're quite welcome Itsupikachu!

Awwww and isn't textrekkie nice too!

Edited on 03/28/2011 at 8:46:30 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 29, 11 12:12 AM
Hi there,
Whilst I agree that there are no perceivable links to the occult, devil worship etc, there are some darker themes and actions to perform that might be somewhat distasteful depending on your preferences. No animal or person sacrifices, but I found the requirements of cutting up the dummy somewhat .
Just my response (I also hate to look for guns in any guise in H0 scenes but that is just my aversion to guns).
Cheers.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 29, 11 5:08 AM
Hi fishies,

As the OP's question has been answered, I'm going to go ahead and pop this thread over into the Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition game forum.

This discussion can be continued here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Shevyron
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by Shevyron on Mar 29, 11 5:10 AM
I did answer

Go to: