bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 29, 11 12:14 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of The Curse of the Thirty Denarii? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Curse of the Thirty Denarii

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 29, 11 12:25 AM
As I'm a fan of E.P. Jacobs (I know he's dead but his books carry on with the same spirit), I've got the 2 cartoons of The Thirty Denarii and they're great. Downloading, hope I won't be disappointed...

Cryssie64
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Cryssie64 on Mar 29, 11 12:35 AM
Have BF got a 'job lot' deal with HdO? Second in as many days... and I wasn't too enamoured with yesterday's! Today's (or rather tomorrow's, it gets very confusing!) is same, same, same - complete with almost identical dishes of food!! *sigh* Well, I have some old games that I really need to complete, so perhaps it's as well that I haven't anything new to distract me!! LOL As you've guessed, it's a 'no buy' for me!

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 29, 11 1:41 AM
Reposted from the old forum

Hi all.

I wasn't hopeful after seeing the screen shots.

I was even less hopeful when the games interface was deja vu.

But I did give it a go.

Surfice to say it is not as good as yesterdays little gem.

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Mar 29, 11 1:50 AM
OMG!!!!!! I wont even try this one. Looking at the screen shots turned me off, then reading the post here just confirmed it for me.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Mar 29, 11 1:57 AM
Oh, come on BFG. You cannot be serious?!!! Two games the same in as many days? Not even good games. It's a definite know from me.

greyratt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by greyratt on Mar 29, 11 2:07 AM
I'm not a negative person generally, however...is it just me or does it seem like BF is REALLY slipping this last month or so? Seems like we got a run of a bunch of great games for a good period of time and now it's rare that a decent one pops up. I used to buy A LOT of games, but here lately I'm lucky if I can find two a month that I get excited about. A sad, sorry state of affairs...
Bring back the old (and reliable) BFG!

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Mar 29, 11 2:17 AM
Hi!

No it's not just you my friend..... this game is really bad I hope something really good comes tomorrow.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 29, 11 2:24 AM
According to Stariannah who yesterday said that there are about 10 more old games to come from HDO ...

the good news is now there are only about 9 more to go ...

the bad news is that we have one today <sigh>

This game is nowhere near as good as yesterday's offering in my opinion. I didn't like the music and I thought the graphics were even more amateurish although some of the well drawn seafood that wasn't eaten on Nautilus miraculously appeared on the table in Greece .

One minute you are finding sticks for the dog and the next you are telling him not to be scared ... of what? ... I asked my to find me the last stick but alas he couldn't spot it either nor could he find the last floral decoration in the cave ... it didn't even resemble a flower to me being only two wavy lines.

Also as with previous HDO games some objects you have to click several times and you get the screen going dark for overclicking before they vanish and that is annoying.

I always try to find something positive to say about a game and in this instance all I can think of is that a new star did appear to replace the hint that I had just used.

BFG ... We realise that you are committed to selling the games by this developer but please, please, please give us a good game in between force feeding us these.

Cherb

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 29, 11 2:50 AM
No, I'm not even going to download it. I've never seen an HdO game that I liked. Yesterday's might pass as a DD when I'm desperate for a new game, but looking at the screen shots...I don't think I'd ever be desperate enough to play this one. I'm very disappointed.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Mar 29, 11 3:04 AM
I give up does anyone know of another game site, things are getting bad here, since January the games have gone down hill

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Mar 29, 11 3:29 AM
This game made me really want to read the Blake and Mortimer comic it's based on, but the game itself was just perfunctory and boring.

Poutoule, glad to see another Jacob's fan is here. I love his work also, but I've only managed to locate two of the books in English so far. I've been tempted to learn French just because of all the great comics for which that is the original or sometimes only language.

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 3:45:22 AM PST

adrienne1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by adrienne1 on Mar 29, 11 3:33 AM
I think I've sussed it!!!! There are a number of games that are still only CE's and I think they are delaying these releases and feeding us with lousy other games in the hope that those of us who won't buy or really can't afford to buy CE's will give in and pay out for the CE's in sheer desparation!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 29, 11 4:08 AM
Another game from this developer, oh no! I think thats four in one week? Its definete a no buy for me.

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 29, 11 4:15 AM
In all fairness, it is not Big Fish's fault there are no good games out there, it's the developers who are cranking them out. Big Fish itself only comes out with one good game a year, which are the MCF games. The last one being 13 Skulls which was so difficult I could not play it more than twice. I liked Dire Grove and Madam Fate much better because they could be played over and over. Anyway, something better than Denarii and that stupid one they had yesterday would be nice. Anyway, I am not even downloading this game today.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Mar 29, 11 4:43 AM
moved from old forum

Bit of a strange game - more like an interactive comic. The whole thing made me think of Tintin and Captain Haddock. Hidden objects weren't that difficult to find, but the whole comic book thing didn't work for me, but I'm sure there are some that will love it....maybe

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 4:48:09 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 29, 11 4:44 AM
heatherington wrote:In all fairness, it is not Big Fish's fault there are no good games out there, it's the developers who are cranking them out. Big Fish itself only comes out with one good game a year, which are the MCF games. The last one being 13 Skulls which was so difficult I could not play it more than twice. I liked Dire Grove and Madam Fate much better because they could be played over and over. Anyway, something better than Denarii and that stupid one they had yesterday would be nice. Anyway, I am not even downloading this game today.

To me there are good ones out there. Try Letters From Nowhere 2 or Amanda Rose The Game of Time, I am sure there are others if I take some time to look. No we get this junk.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 29, 11 4:50 AM
I think my love affair with BF has just about come to an end. We get CEs and HDO! I think BF is getting close to swimming in the toilet.

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 4:51:32 AM PST

mercyone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mercyone on Mar 29, 11 4:57 AM
Maybe you could let us know it's an Hdo game that way I won't waste my time downloading it. What is bigfish doing, throw all kinds of games out there hoping one will stick. Have a little mercy.

hpottermad
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,199 Posts

[Post New]by hpottermad on Mar 29, 11 4:59 AM
Well like so many others here I looked at the screen shots and thought ugh poor graphics but thought I would have a look at forums, not even bothering to demo it either

Go to: