bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

New version available for The Revenge - March 29th 2011

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 29, 11 2:01 AM
We have a new version of The Revenge available now. This new version of the game fixes:

-Blank inventory items

-Issues completing Hidden Object scenes

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:New version available for The Revenge - March 29th 2011

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 29, 11 5:28 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Did I say thank you enough??

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 29, 11 5:37 AM
Cool Maybe then I can finish the game again

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 29, 11 6:43 AM
Well then, I will try it again and see what happens.

EDIT: No, I had the exact same problems I had before. No sound at all, and could not move around to do anything but take the potion and the crystal. Bad. Bad. Bad.

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 7:01:10 AM PST

[Post New]by jjldee64 on Mar 29, 11 7:14 AM
I followed instructions to reinstall after deleting but am still having problem with the monk -maybe the issue is not the program -I am not sure
I have a needle and thread and two buttons nothing is happening and the clothed (headless ) skeleton is still asking for sandals?
Help

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 29, 11 7:14 AM
jennsmom, I don't think the update is out yet!!!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 29, 11 7:23 AM
Micha1234 wrote:jennsmom, I don't think the update is out yet!!!

Sorry then, I guess I misunderstood. I really don't think I'd purchase the game anyway, but I'd at least like to try it out.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Mar 29, 11 8:05 AM
Thank you! I am willing to give it a try!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 29, 11 10:52 AM
RaceCat3 wrote:Thank you! I am willing to give it a try!

Me too, I will give this game another go. When I watch the video, I hear the "click" when the cursor is clicking on an object. There was no sound at all when I turned down the music, because I never listen to music. So I hope I will now hear the "click" of the cursor when I click on something, without having to turn up the music. Although... I am probably asking too much with this game. Will see...

Additional I am not pleased that I have to keep the music going to hear voices and clicks, but at least the screen didn´t freeze this time when I went down to the water. So this will be a buy for me then.

SPOILERS PERHAPS

Another Additional Sorry, changed my mind. The game is pretty unstable. In the cemetary, whenever I got out of the H0 scene, the screen flickered for a second. Also, once the game minimized for no apparent reason.

And I am sorry, but I don´t ever listen to the music, and in order to hear other sounds as well as voices, I will have to turn up the music which, quite frankly, is very depressing.

I do love the graphics, but gameplay is rather wooden. So I´m afraid this is a now-buy for me after all.

Edited on 03/29/2011 at 1:10:43 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 29, 11 1:58 PM
Once you able to get the all the problems out of the game it went all very smoothly. Thank you fixing it & enjoyed playing the game.

[Post New]by bakerygirl63 on Mar 29, 11 3:54 PM
i updated the new version but it stioll isnt working for me.i am at the second spirit you have to free, i put the rocks into the coal car but it still comes up have to fill with rocks

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 29, 11 5:59 PM
Unfortunately, the new version does no help a bit. I still have all the same problems. Skeleton says it needs sandles, but it already has the sandles. The buttons and thread do nothing. I was trying to free the priest, but the program switched to the healer problem. This game has the possibility of being a great game, but at this point it is crap. These games need better testing.

[Post New]by greyghost57 on Mar 29, 11 6:32 PM
The fix didn't help me at all. I am in the castle did the hog sceen, had the bow and arrow,
and the jewel and the ball, still nothing in my inventory or anywhere.
Hate this. NOW WHAT?

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 30, 11 4:05 AM
I'm still not sure the new version is actually out. My GM never said anything about an update.

[Post New]by dogbreedchch on Mar 30, 11 10:01 AM
l down loaded the new version and l am still hving the same problem, l wouldd like my money back because this is the second game that l have had problem

[Post New]by Teddymamma on Apr 1, 11 5:57 PM
i also have the same problems with the skeleton. he is asking for sandals over and over and he is already have them. this sucks. i have uninstalled and reinstalled, changed profil and same problems accure. what now??

[Post New]by GEDDER on Apr 3, 11 11:51 AM
i have downloaded the new version and it still will not let me pick up the four remaining frogs in the well

lizhot
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lizhot on Apr 3, 11 6:06 PM
I need a game fix. I cannot click on the opening of the cart or the stones on the inside of the second gate of the dungeon.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Apr 6, 11 1:51 PM
Your new build is even worse than the old one. I had to remove the old build when I got stuck in a Hidden Object Scene (the hint button indicated what I was supposed to pick up but no matter how many times I clicked on it nothing happened) and I got an error message after it was done saying that not all files had been removed, so I had to do a search and found several leftover files, which I deleted. Then I installed the new version.

Well, naturally enough, I had to start all over from the beginning, which was bad enough, but this time it has even more bugs than before. When I was finished gathering the pieces of the left guard's sword and assembling them, I was left with a piece that stayed in my Inventory. It's still there, and while it isn't doing any harm, it is annoying me.

The hint button has gone completely half-cocked. In my search for the feathers I hit it no fewer than five times and it went down to nothing but did not indicate what I was looking for! If it hadn't been for the Walkthrough I would have had to give up on this game since half the feathers were completely invisible.

So far I haven't run into any more oddities, but really, Big Fish, this game is terrible. Half its features either do not work or do not work properly, and don't even get me started about the atrocious spelling in the Hidden Objects Lists.

I realize that you are not the developer on all the games on your site, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that some developers invest more time and effort in testing their products than others. Perhaps you should consider the possibility of testing all your games before offering them to the public. And if you are already doing so, you need to take action because lately your Quality Control is slipping. Badly.

tinyzac
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by tinyzac on Jun 6, 11 10:54 PM
late starter to this game bought it june 6 new version? will not pick up star or love bird just click click and click somemore nothing am now very miffed come on big fish am having more and more problems with games these days whats up with quality control do you even test games now? if no then you should please fix it so i can continue would love to finish very miffed customer

Go to: