robin2u
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Did anyone get the final star at Grand?

[Post New]by robin2u on Mar 29, 11 8:57 PM
I am very frustrated, for sure. I have cleaned more than I ever wanted to clean anything and still I can't get that last star at the Grand. It is so disappointing to get this far and not be able to complete the game with all six star restaurants because of CLEANING! Sheesh!

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

Re:Did anyone get the final star at Grand?

[Post New]by AnnBy on Mar 29, 11 9:17 PM
I got all stars on all restaurants. I did have to come to the forums to figure out one of them. Not sure if that was Grand or not. I know the one I was stuck on I was using a sponge and it needed the brush. That was the bar one with the stone/brick columns.

robin2u
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by robin2u on Mar 30, 11 5:47 PM
Thank you for answering AnnBy. This final restaurant has no bar, but I do know which one you are thinking of. I tried sponge, brush and even a lot of broom. I scrubbed that "Grand" sign with all available, and went inside and did more. Windows have never been cleaner than those in this place LOL. All I know for sure was that this game, though doable, was very frustrating in that it lacked a clear path to success, if obtaining all the stars was your goal. sigh....

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Mar 30, 11 6:06 PM
Did you try both sponges? It is frustrating for sure. I was about ready to pull my hair out on some of those.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Apr 9, 11 1:10 PM

Earning stars depends not only on cleaning, but on buying the upgrades for the interior and exterior of the restaurant as well. Finding the locations for some of the uprades can be difficult if they're small. You just have to move your cursor around the screen until you find an item that needs to be purchased. If you're positive you've purchased everything for both the inside and outside of the restaurant, then something needs to be cleaned. Wait until the hint (question marks) show up on screen showing you what needs to be cleaned and what tools to use.

Note: There's a bug at the Tiki Bar. The game tells you to use cleaning spray followed by a sponge to clean the bar. If you find that it doesn't work, try using the scrub brush instead and that should do the trick.

[Post New]by quebeleza on Apr 15, 11 9:41 AM
I'm pretty sure I have all the upgrades and I don't have any question marks but still no 5th star.. All the surfaces are sparkling... is there a list of the updgrades anywhere?

TuffTadpoles wrote:
Earning stars depends not only on cleaning, but on buying the upgrades for the interior and exterior of the restaurant as well. Finding the locations for some of the uprades can be difficult if they're small. You just have to move your cursor around the screen until you find an item that needs to be purchased. If you're positive you've purchased everything for both the inside and outside of the restaurant, then something needs to be cleaned. Wait until the hint (question marks) show up on screen showing you what needs to be cleaned and what tools to use.

Note: There's a bug at the Tiki Bar. The game tells you to use cleaning spray followed by a sponge to clean the bar. If you find that it doesn't work, try using the scrub brush instead and that should do the trick.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Aug 10, 12 4:22 AM
I finished the game with 6 star restaurants and expert scores. It was a bit frustrating as you have to use the brush and industrial broom at the Grand and the Tropical Bar in Maldives (in addition to the cleaner and sponges). I maxed out my daily profit and still didn't have the final star for the smaller cafe in France. You can check stats for your restaurants to make sure that's not what's holding you back. After I used the brush on the chairs, both brooms on the floor, dusted the walls with the scrub brush, and cleaner/sponges on the tables, I got an arrow to go back outside. I hadn't purchased flowers for the yard and there were 3 flower boxes needed on the balcony. Then I put soil in the boxes, planted flowers, and used the watering can on those and the grass where I planted flowers. Everything was sparkly. If I recall correctly, I got the 6th star right before I finished decorating the outside part. The story does make sense if you don't skip cut scenes and complete all the quests. Someone posted that they didn't understand why the game ended the way it did. Hope this helps.

Go to: