bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for My Farm Life

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 30, 11 1:51 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of My Farm Life? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Farm Life

[Post New]by larascupboard on Mar 30, 11 1:57 AM
Brought it!

Very similar to "Farm Craft (1 and 2)" and "Ranch Rush (1 and 2)"

A cute little farming game, there is a timer, but I have got nowhere near missing gold time yet so I don't know if it continues after the timer runs out or not.

Cute graphics, no tech problems yet.

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Mar 30, 11 3:11 AM
I played the trial on this when it was first released was going to purchase it from them as soon as I returned from Texas, now that BF has it I'll purchase from them. Really enjoyed it. It's kind of face paced but not so fast you have to break your wrists to win the levels. Plus it's goal oriented so it lets you complete the levels another plus I don't worry so much about gold or silver on a level first time I play a game, I'd rather just relax and enjoy it, then later if I want to go back and try to do better do so.

Anca_a
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Anca_a on Mar 30, 11 4:03 AM
Love this game...

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Mar 30, 11 4:36 AM
Tried the game first thing this morning and really liked it. I liked the fast pace and the fact it wasn't so much that you couldn't make expert. I will definitely purchase this today.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 30, 11 4:49 AM
This is a very good farming game, similar to Ranch Rush. This game is only timed (I have tried it: the times run out and you need to play the level again). Its a buy for me

Yorkenshaw
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Yorkenshaw on Mar 30, 11 5:38 AM
I loved the game. I played the demo from another site and then downloaded from BFG. I tried to change the player name but the game then freezes but will play with the original name, so I won't be buying which I intended to do.

[Post New]by 16abigail96 on Mar 30, 11 5:43 AM
I have been waiting for a good farming game to come out for quite a while.

I have played the 1 hour demo and really like this game. It is similar to Ranch Rush, so anyone who enjoyed that game should give this one a go. I got to level 13, but not sure how many levels there are. Hopefully 40+.

This will be a definite buy for me.

Anca_a
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Anca_a on Mar 30, 11 6:02 AM
16abigail96 wrote:I have been waiting for a good farming game to come out for quite a while.

I have played the 1 hour demo and really like this game. It is similar to Ranch Rush, so anyone who enjoyed that game should give this one a go. I got to level 13, but not sure how many levels there are. Hopefully 40+.

This will be a definite buy for me.

it has 50 levels I got all the updates and I still have levels to play so it`s long enough

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 6:03:18 AM PST

[Post New]by 16abigail96 on Mar 30, 11 6:27 AM
Thanks for the info Anca_a. 50 levels is great.

It's a shame it wasn't the main release for today. I think some people may pass this one by and not give it a try.

I urge everyone to try this if they like the Ranch Rush games.

Anca_a
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Anca_a on Mar 30, 11 7:35 AM
This game was out a couple a days ago, I saw it on the internet and wondered how come Big Fish didn`t have it ...yea it is a shame because there are not so many time management games out or farm ones so...lets just enjoy it

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Mar 30, 11 10:33 AM
I LOVE THIS GAME
I actually laughed at the storyline, it is hilarious! The cheesy director guy with his ponytail is a hoot!
I love roping the animals in the minigame, and a very first for me was I actually liked the music and it included very cute animal sounds. Of course I keep the sound down low, don't want too many distractions.
Maybe it is like some of the other farm games, but for me it is a great stand alone game on it own.
A definite buy for me.

LoveYa24
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by LoveYa24 on Mar 30, 11 11:25 AM
I think I am one of the few posters that enjoys HOGs and TMs. This game was by Alawar (which I usually like) and I enjoyed the demo.

I do feel the game did not deserve a soft release - compared to other soft releases this one was stellar - and hope others give it a try.

I guess my main gripe with the game was I could not see the whole field - yes, I clicked on the magnifying glass to zoom out, but my cows kept wandering into areas I couldn't see. As a result, I had to replay a few levels because I could not get milk. And yes, I did purchase more cows, but having to navigate around the playing field to find your cows was not enjoyable. If I buy a cow, I expect it to stay on the screen. Sorry if that was a spoiler - I am used to possible fussing in HOG forums.

I really liked if I clicked on 4 actions in a row, they would be carried out. I could even click on 8 actions in a row and they would happen. Nice!

Happy gaming to the ones who enjoyed!

[Post New]by jackfaithsmom on Mar 30, 11 11:26 AM
I really enjoyed this game and it's a definite buy for me. I've been missing TM games this week with all of the HOG releases. Really a lot of fun.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Mar 30, 11 4:04 PM
I discovered you can mix the crops in one basket and you don't have to fill the basket, which probably is true for other games. But so far I have not had to use the helper yet.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Mar 30, 11 4:27 PM
Even though TM games aren't usually my 'thing' I will give this one a shot based on your reviews. Thanks fishes <3

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 30, 11 5:49 PM
not for me... a lot like ranch rush games and others where you have to maintain your soil, seeds, machines, and livestock... but the big drawback for me is the layout and the fact that it can't be changed and there's a lot of unused space and too much of a chance for stuff to overlap... i don't need a new game to do what my old one does just fine and even better, so i will be passing on this one and hoping for something more interesting to be coming soon

did a beta for a tropical farm game and i'm hoping to see it surface at some point in time

and @loveya24 i hated not being able to use the zoom function to keep track of my cows as well... at least with RR the function works from the start and i don't have to wonder where my milk is!

eidica2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by eidica2 on Mar 31, 11 2:26 AM
You can't zoom out until Episode 6...then farm life gets better! Especially at night with all those theives! Plus you can organize it so that your machines are closer to the products you need........good game!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Mar 31, 11 7:18 AM
What a fun game! Not boring and challenging enough but not too bad. i love it and would recommend it!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by littleoracle on Mar 31, 11 7:33 AM
Being a gamer who has downloaded every single farm game, I think I can give a good review.

Cute premise - sweet, high-class girl filming a reality show on a farm. Think Paris Hilton, only cuter and less nasty. :-D

Upside - This does run like a great farm game. Gather goods listed as required, harvest, collect and put in the barn. You also get a hot button to enlist help for a short time and that has come in extremely handy. I've whizzed through a number of levels with his help. So far, game well made, cute graphics and not by any chance boring.

Downside - this is NOT a relaxing game, not by far. The timer is not optional and I actually had to restart a few levels because I ran out of time. Your bonus characters are limited on time and honestly, knowledge, meaning if you need to use a crop to fill a machine as well as pick it for harvest, they usually just pick it. (The machines obviously take longer to make a number of products.)

The "thieves" can be NUMEROUS! I found at one point, I had to stop harvesting and simply catch them because there were so many. (You can hit the button for a helper at that time - very handy) and to buy a guard dog costs $10K each. Tough deal, here. Plus, if a thief runs off with an expensive objects, you're screwed.

Buying and selling is touchy! If you sell a machine that you don't need in that level, you might have to buy it back for the next, which makes you want to watch your spending wisely. It's not easy to simply buy seeds when your bank account is low, especially when some of those seeds cost in the thousands.

Overall, this IS a fun game, but I found myself stressed playing it and only do a few levels at a time. The timer is extremely short, you have to think ahead to the next episode (fill some machines before you end the level, especially if you have time) and are constantly reseeding, watering, etc.

I would have very much liked a timerless level, as some of these are amazingly difficult with all the limits. I can only imagine the expert level at this point.

Go to: