bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Wild West Quest 2

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 30, 11 2:00 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Wild West Quest 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Wild West Quest 2

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Mar 30, 11 2:38 AM
I have Wild West Quest 1 and I really enjoyed it. I've been waiting for Wild West Quest 2 to be a DD price. I'm so happy it's here. It's a cutet little hog with a wild west theme. If your not a fan of the Wild West you won't like this game. But I think it's a fun little light hearted game with good puzzles. At least give it a try. I think every game is worth a try.

I rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games

‘ ‘
(o)

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 30, 11 9:16 AM
I'm only the third post on today's DD? Might be because so
many reported hint glitches on original release date?

Oh well, I found the first one entertaining to play a few chapters
as a break from the more complicated HOGs, so at this price
will grab this and hope I don't run into any glitches.

It's got a good length it seems and I just get through the
Find the Differences by using hints on the last few items.

It's got variety, finding by list, by shape and the somewhat
different "grid" ones. On the lite side, but still worth the price
in MHO.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Mar 30, 11 10:00 AM
Does anyone know if they fixed the hint problem? I don't want to buy, even at 2.99 it it's got a major glitch.

Delta77
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by Delta77 on Mar 30, 11 10:09 AM
I played about 1/2 hr of the demo. Nothing great nor nothing bad about this game. It has a variety of different puzzle types: junkpile HOG scenes, find all of one object, spot the difference, silhouette, and find the right piece of the grid (and probably some others I didn't get to!).

According to other reviews from when game was released there are 55 chapters.

This would be a good game for someone looking to fill a punch card or find something to play. For me, its a no-buy at this time.

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Mar 30, 11 10:49 AM
I just played the demo,and it did not impress me enough to want it even at $2.99 DD price! Graphics are grainy so not enjoyable doing those mini games where you have to match pieces in the scene to puzzle pieces,and for those who hate Spot The Differences those are here too. No buy for me,even though I wish there were more western-themed ones like the excellent Golden Trails: The New Western Rush,but this one is not even close to that game's quality.

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 10:50:45 AM PST

dodd60
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dodd60 on Mar 30, 11 11:27 AM
I too am wondering if the glitch has been fixed. I need one more game to fill my punch card. If this game has been fixed it would do nicely. Operative word is "if". LOL Hope someone can answer this for us.

nelliebj
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nelliebj on Mar 30, 11 1:20 PM
I found the scenes a little dark. I hate when I have to keep adjusting my screen to see the whole thing. I found all the sheriff badges but the hints didn't go any faster. Had to use them for every find-the-difference scene. I didn't keep it. Finished about 14 chapters during the trial but it's not for me.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 30, 11 10:03 PM
Completed 11 levels in 30 minutes of various game types: HOG, shadow, find all (i.e. 20 keys), spot the differences, and find the tile in the grid. There appear to also be twists to these basic game types (i.e. I had just gotten to a HOG / grid combo where you had to find pieces of the house but it wasn't on a grid pattern).

The hints seem to be different for this game: they are unlimited with a VERY slow recharge time but if you find the sherrif's badge in each scene it is supposed to speed up the recharge time... I had collected 6 badges (doh, guess I missed some) but didn't see a lot of difference in the hint recharge time... but I only used hints on the Spot the Differences so I didn't test it much.

It is too bad I don't really like the "wild west" theme... or more to the point that I don't like the "cheesy" version of the wild west... There is a story and it appears to continue from the first Wild West Quest (which I didn't play) but they cover the basics in the opening sequence. There is plenty of reading between chapters if you want more story too. The forums mention everything from 46 to 70+ chapters total but I couldn't find agreement anywhere so it isn't really clear how long this game is.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Mar 30, 11 10:38 PM
I have Wild West Quest 1on disc. I've demoed it but not yet played it in full (I cannot resist and tend to buy too many games). But obviously I liked it. Surprisingly I love the music and recognized it right away from the first game. This is a straight forward H.O. game with the usual find the objects, differences, silhouettes, "as many as you can" of the same type of object and match the squares to the picture, but I also love the story. It's a lot of fun and though silly in some places it is actually well written. Except for the different story this is pretty much an exact repeat of the first, and I'm torn between taking it or letting it go. If I didn't already have WWQ1 I would not hesitate to buy this. I still have a little bit of time left, but for those who have read all the bad reviews, hey it doesn't cost to try it out and decide for yourself.

Edited on 06/18/2011 at 5:30:58 AM PST

[Post New]by Montana_Peach on Mar 31, 11 10:38 AM
I picked this up as the DD and loved it! The story is good, it's light and just what I needed after so many dark/creepy HOG's. It was not overly brain-taxing, but sometimes you need that. I was pulled in by the story and had a hard time putting it down. I also did not run into the glitch that others have noted here. It played through perfectly. It had a few neat variations on the finding scenes too. Fair warning, the 'find the differences' pictures have some very subtle differences. All in all, well worth it, and now I want to play the first one.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Apr 26, 11 9:23 PM
The story is very well written, but the HOG scenes are a bit dull. There are a variety of HOG types within this game. But it has several dark spots with dark objects. For the majority of the game, the graphics are real, not animation which is interesting. While I enjoy HOG, this game just wasn't my cup of tea.

This game is a C+.

katymax
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by katymax on May 7, 11 2:37 PM
Worst game ever!!!!!

Go to: