judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

on the fence about this one ........on the short side

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 30, 11 5:45 AM
I only played 1/2 hour of demo and finished chapter 1, so if there's only 4 chapters, probably will be only about 2 hours max for the whole game.

not sure i want to use a credit on it. I need 1 more game to fill up a punch card. Hope there's a good one tomorrow (and not a CE !!)

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:on the fence about this one ........on the short side

[Post New]by bella81762 on Mar 30, 11 5:50 AM
sorry judy, tomorrow is thursday, so that means ce...

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 30, 11 6:04 AM
I did chapter 1 in 1 hour.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 30, 11 6:13 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I did chapter 1 in 1 hour.

Isn't it amazing at the differing paces we all play at?
One fishie in the C & R thread was really far into the game thru the demo!
I have not had the chance to try it yet but consider myself a slow player, compared to some!
To me I expect about 3 - 4 hours minimum on an SE.
Just my opinion. LOL!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Mar 30, 11 6:29 AM
I really like this game, but at most it will be 2 hours for me and I was taking my time.
No buy for me

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 30, 11 6:34 AM
peglegann wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I did chapter 1 in 1 hour.

Isn't it amazing at the differing paces we all play at?
One fishie in the C & R thread was really far into the game thru the demo!
I have not had the chance to try it yet but consider myself a slow player, compared to some!
To me I expect about 3 - 4 hours minimum on an SE.
Just my opinion. LOL!

Couldn't agree with you more, peglegann! I noted the Blog W/T at 61 pages--that's a decent length in my book. I'm no "speed racer;" I enjoy taking my time, looking around, figuring out what to do next. Heck, spend $10 on a 90-minute movie at a theater--that's $6.67/hour--same $ will get even the fastest gamers twice that time! I too expect 3-4 hours with this one.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 30, 11 7:04 AM
I'll probably get a good solid 3 hours out of this one, but even if it was only 2 hours, I think it's worth it.

Let's see - I'm using a credit that I got for free (yes, I had to buy games to earn it, but it's still FREE because it didn't cost me anything) so unless the game really stinks or I can complete it in less than the hour demo, length isn't that big of an issue if I enjoy the game.

Yes, longer is better, but since I don't compete in the gaming marathon (unless it is to make a tongue-in-cheek comment when we get a posting that someone finished a game that is taking everyone esle 4 hours and they say they got it done in 1 hour 11 minutes) I go for quality rather than length.

Just a year ago everyone was happy as long as an SE was at least 2 hours long, but now that we've had so many CE games the expectations have gotten higher, so there are complaints if an SE is less than 4 hours.

Even if I paid full price for the game, the $6.99 is about the price of a fast food combo meal, and I can finish one of those in less than 15 minutes!

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 7:07:42 AM PST

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 30, 11 9:44 AM
I too am on the fence. I got to nearly the end of Chapter 2 in the hour. I had to turn the music OFF, it was starting to 'get on my nerves', but the story itself wasn't too bad.

I found it quite jerky, but turning the custom cursor off made it better, but then you don't get the 'eye' or the 'mouth' when you need to look at something or speak to some-one.

I also thought some of the H0G scenes to be a bit of a jumble, and sometimes it seemed there was too much in the scene to see what you were looking for.

If I desperately needed a game to finish a punch card though, this is one I would consider.

Kel

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 30, 11 10:55 AM
Finished this game in 2 1/2 hours, which is quite short. Played all the puzzles too.
Thought it ok, but a bit of a lame duck. Nothing to make me want to replay it again. Think I bought it out of desperation.....................
Roll on the next CE!

GEmory
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GEmory on Apr 6, 11 10:11 PM
I liked it, but no buy for me. I finished Chapter 1 in 19 minutes, and I didn't skip quickly through the dialogue. At 4 chapters, it would take perhaps 1 1/2 hours for me to finish. I won't use up a credit for that.

Go to: