autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

A Favorable Review of This Game.....

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 30, 11 12:35 PM
I am not much for reviewing......usually a bad game get's panned and we all move on.....but I ALWAYS stand up with a good review when a game truly has merits that get overlooked.....Call me crazy, but a lot of games seem to get universally panned, I overlook them and then I discover a truly unique gem that is getting bypassed by a lot of fishies just because they see a bunch of negative reviews.......well different strokes for different folks, but you need to see good as well as bad....

AND boy oh boy this game is good! I gotta warn you I stayed up til late at night with this one and had trouble sleeping because of the scary elements......so if you are like me and you watch a horror movie just before bedtime.....please for your sanity, enjoy this during the daytime, with soothing cup of tea......and heart medication....

If you are familiar with the Carol Reed Mystery series, these games are like those .....and not like those. You need to be a connoiseur of fine games and willing to wait as the games lull you with some story, then take you through a minute or so of credits, while showing you creepy photos and eery music.....If you cannot stand story driven games, please don't bother....there is not escape button to speed this game up and get to the action. However as the game, the story and the eeriness begin to settle in, and you are swept up into the tale, you will find most of the objectives easy enought in this game to find, (again like a Carol Reed or same type of game......LOOK AT EVERYTHING as you hunt through this creepy hotel. Every position you move into, look around and check EVERYTHING.....) this game will slowly build up the horror, until you finally are given a heart attack scrambling in this game to escape......This game is good. You can do most of the puzzles and objectives easily......the only thing i have to say is that the hallway puzzle is the hardest and you will require the walkthrough to escape on that one......maybe it will seem obvious to someone on how to figure it out. But it was the only real time i needed the walkthrough cause I was not getting it......

This game is VERY evocative.......just don't get playing it around midnight and expect to sleep. By the time I finished I was paranoid about even my cat........and had a REALLLY hard time sleeping....

This game is kind of short.......some fishies say a couple of hours.....for me it seemed a another hour or so longer than that.......but everyone games differently.....

autumn_leaf
Shark
Shark
12,267 Posts

Re:A Favorable Review of This Game.....

[Post New]by autumn_leaf on Mar 30, 11 12:38 PM
This game is like a fine wine.......( I don't drink but I can understand savoring things to appreciate them).....and in some ways kind of like watching AND playing a horror movie.....

But enjoy in during daylight hours or you will be wondering what lurks in the furry heart of your faithful pet.......or closet.......

Trust me......Been there and done that last night.......

Go to: