[Post New]by kass36 on Mar 30, 11 12:39 PM
nice game but very short kinda a waste of the $6.99

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:very short game

[Post New]by VTCT on Mar 30, 11 5:08 PM
It was a very short game but I used my credit. It was better having a 3 match game or board games

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 31, 11 3:53 AM
This game wasn´t superlong, but what I got from it, I very much enjoyed.

I liked the graphics, the gameplay, and the puzzles. I liked that the HINT button recharged quickly and that you could use it when you are stuck outside of a H0 scene. I liked that you could choose between system or custom cursor. I liked that you could skip the puzzles if you can´t do them.

I liked everything about this game. It was fun, well... it still is - I am still playing - and enjoy it very much. I know of some games that go on and on and on, and aren´t half as much fun as this one.

Definitely a buy for me.

ETA: Just finished the game, and it took me a good 2 1/2 hours to play. So that´s not too bad.

One thing I noticed and didn´t like is that the music played when I zoomed into H0 scenes and when I played some mini games. The music was all the way down, but I had to turn down the main sound as well if I didn´t want to hear the music in those sections. That was the one thing I really didn´t care for.

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 5:56:35 AM PST

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Apr 3, 11 12:39 AM
It must be how we all play these games differently - I just read a thread where the fishie was complaining that it was only 4 hrs long!
Someone here was happy with it lasting 2 1/2 hours and I'm just grateful if I can get at least 3 hours play time!!!

Could that be why we're pictured as different sea creatures on BFG forums - because we're all at different stages with different expectations, maybe?!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 5, 11 12:48 PM
I'll take short and fun over long and boring any day. I have games I never finished because they just seemed to go on forever. If I want long and boring I'll clean my house.

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Noralg on Apr 6, 11 2:33 PM
Good game, but too short. I played 2 chapters in 45 mins., and although I've played a lot (maybe too many) of HOGs, I tend to spend a lot of time traveling back and forth between scenes. Good graphics, good directions, some items are very small but not impossible to find.

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by dfranklin on Apr 28, 11 8:58 PM
Judging by the walkthrough, it looks like I got through 90% of the first chapter in 20 minutes (yikes)!

Am I just super fast here? I walked everywhere and didn't skip any puzzles, although I did skip the tutorial. It's a bit hard for me to buy with 4 x 20 minutes = less than an hour and a half of gameplay??

Are the other chapters longer, anyone? ... Bueller? ...Bueller?

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Aug 31, 11 7:40 AM
I'm a very casual (slow) player and I was nearly finished with the game in just a couple of hours.

[Post New]by gy6363 on Oct 25, 11 2:53 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:I'll take short and fun over long and boring any day. I have games I never finished because they just seemed to go on forever. If I want long and boring I'll clean my house.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Mar 12, 12 1:13 PM
gamergirl675 wrote:I'll take short and fun over long and boring any day. I have games I never finished because they just seemed to go on forever. If I want long and boring I'll clean my house.

That's funny, gamergirl.... I think this was just long enough... I was getting bored and ready for it to be over after approx. 2 hours.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 25, 12 4:25 PM

I must be extra slow because this game very comfortably took me 6 hours to complete; I say very comfortably because I did not have to look at the walkthrough due to the hint button letting me know (when needed) what I needed to do/go next, I didn't spend alot of time needlessly walking around trying to ascertain what to do/where to go next, was able to figure out the mini-games and not skip any and the inventory items made sense as to their usage.

I spent a very relaxing afternoon/early evening time playing this game without once becoming frustrated; this is my kind of game.

MEnr56

Go to: