Bugs & Saving Frustration

[Post New]by sooo80s on Mar 30, 11 6:25 PM
Suggestion to the programmers: Allow multiple save files for the same game! Either through enabling the gamer to save midway through the episode OR by allowing the gamer to choose, at the end of the episode, to save over their last save or in a new slot.
As the game is, I had an uncompleted objective (fix the church) and went to my house to eat...when Elio picked me up right at 10am. I should have avoided my house, but then it went to the cut scene and straight into the next episode. Thus, to correctly execute the last episode, I would have to start the game all over again!

I don't care about the bad spelling and grammar, but I do care about having to start all over again! Too bad, because it could be one of the best games on here.

Second suggestion: Fix the bugs!
Bug 1: You can buy a vacuum cleaner, give it to the Uncle, and he thinks it's a Vivaldi cd. Not a huge problem of course...
Bug 2: Inventory. When you buy anything in the game, it shows up in your inventory. Except antihistamines. Therefore, unless the game notifies you that you will get less sniffly, etc, there is no point to buying them, and wastes your money.
Bug 3: Incomplete completions!!! I finished the uncle-birthday-present objective and watched the cut-scene, but when I then went to the gym before going home that night, I got a cut-scene of the mom yelling at me because I hadn't done it. Had to start the episode again...and then not leave my house. Weird.

Anyone else have any of the same 3 bugs above?

Elantra711
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Bugs & Saving Frustration

[Post New]by Elantra711 on Feb 18, 13 6:58 AM
I noticed the same inventory problem with the antihistamines. As soon as I bought 3 or 4, I looked in my inventory and they weren't there. But also when I did buy a few, it seemed like someone in my family would have one at the ready for Elena when it was after-hours at the mall pharmacy -- I honestly don't know if the two actions are related, but I think so. Mother, sister, or father would have an antihistamine pill if you clicked on them for dialog.

I'm just having the worst time with level 6, where the relatives come from Italy. I may have to start the whole game over again, too. No one seems to be able to help me with the problem I'm having.

[Post New]by Happy_Ours1 on Mar 13, 13 11:54 AM
I have also had the experience of obtaining the Uncle's CD for his birthday, being thanked by the sick mother, only to be blessed out later for not doing that and letting her down! I didn't start that episode over, however.

When it comes to saving, I have found the game does not save. Sometimes it will save a segment from several episodes prior to where I left off, and sometimes when I return to this game, nothing is there at all!!! I can't tell you how many times I have had to start this game over from the very beginning because it did not save a thing!!!"

Yes, it would be nice to have multiple save points throughout a segment....But at this point, I would just be happy if it would save consistently, or at ALL for that matter!!

Why does it bother to inform you that your game has been saved, when it has not?!
Why does it give you the option of choosing the episode you would like to open, while letting you know that you will start that particular segment from the beginning, when there are no options - because the screen of choices is empty - or there is one episode available that you played successfully three segments earlier? What happend to the supposed "saved" games in between?

Why is it that no one, in the reviews, mentions things like this..the technical issues?

It is a fun game, but that is sorely taxed by the frustrations mentioned above! PLEASE fix this!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 13, 13 12:12 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some problems with saving the game. That definitely isn't fun. Problems like that can sometimes be caused by a permissions issue where your computer isn't allowing the game to save files. Our help article here goes over some troubleshooting steps that might help if you'd like to take a look:

Game Not Saving

If that's not helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a look at that issue. They're set up to tackle hard to solve issues and will hopefully be able to provide more information.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: