bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 31, 11 12:05 AM
Anna awakens on a mysterious tiny island after escaping the destruction of her underwater kingdom. She must find her way to a mystical floating cloud city in the sky, seek out the four Children of Light and save them from the twisted clutches of the Evil Empress Pandora. Along the way she must rescue and heal enchanted animal slaves in this fantastic Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by vickie39 on Mar 31, 11 12:11 AM
Looks like a short one.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Mar 31, 11 12:18 AM
I like it when people are so positive
I'm still downloading and have no idea how long it will be, but for me the most important is "do I like (playing) the game"...not how short or long it is

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Mar 31, 11 12:19 AM
Loved the first one, in which I got lost more than once. If this one is a short as the last Dream Cronicles Book of Air it's a no buy.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 31, 11 12:20 AM
Hi there vickie39,
I am interested upon what basis you have made your observation as you have not given any details.
The trial download is a lot smaller than the entire game. Are you basing your opinion on the size of the Trial file?
Have you played either the first instalment or this game?
According to the developer's website, this game is twice as long as the first, and I found many hours of enjoyment from that one.
Of course, this may be advertising hype, but...???
Just wondering.
Cheers.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 31, 11 12:29 AM
I loved the first one and I am thrilled so far with this one. Love the voices, and the graphics are beautiful. My objective with these games is never to race through them to see how quickly I can finish...these aren't TM games...but to enjoy every aspect. I guess that is one reason I milk the experience for all it is worth, and make these truly enjoyable ones last as long as I can. I did 12 minutes of the demo...no I didn't make it through the first two chapters yet, lol. Download of the full game is complete and I am off to play awhile. Guess we each enjoy in our own way

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 31, 11 12:40 AM
vickie39 wrote:Looks like a short one.

I'm not too sure how you concluded that this is a "short one" only 11 minutes after its release; that's hardly enough time to d/l and open the demo (which I suspect you're basing your observation on). So far, this appears to be another Silverback gem with even more gameplay than the first one (although, as DragonLadyOz noted, that could be developers' hype). I did notice that there's apparently no concept art, wallpapers, or soundtrack, but then, I'm usually not interested in those extras anyways.

Agree with you, Wolfen--this is one that needs to be appreciated like a fine work of art--no rush, take your time, enjoy the view. I plan on several hours of Silverback creativity!

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Mar 31, 11 12:41 AM
Ditto WolfenRaindancer. I take my time and enjoy the game. If I want to speed race, I play arcade games or watch something on my DVR and fastforward thru the commercials.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 31, 11 12:50 AM
Been eagerly awaiting this. When I saw the small file size, I wasn't worried -- it's how economically the code is written.
Phantasmat SE was only about 175 MB and that took most players well upwards of 4-5 hours.
I always take my time and admire the handiwork of the dev.
It's only 12:48 AM right now, plenty of time to sleep later. Back soon with C&R.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Mar 31, 11 12:58 AM
I don't usually even demo CEs but had to try this one. If we were able to use game credits to buy CEs I would get it today. (I know they are working on it.) However, I will have to wait until the SE comes out. Beautiful graphics and nice continuation of the story.

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Mar 31, 11 1:18 AM
I'm guessing it 'looks like a short one' is based on the file size. Most CEs seem to be 300, 400 or even 500+ MB, this is only 180, just a thought.
I'm not sure what I think about this game so far. There have been a couple of times when it told me what to do but you had to do something else, may be that just adds to the puzzle element? Even so, the actual puzzles I have come across are very simple, the challenge seems to be more about what to do next. It looks nice and all but game play is far more important to me than fancy graphics. I can't make my mind up, maybe wait for the SE.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 31, 11 1:47 AM
vickie39 wrote:Looks like a short one.
Why are you think that? It's seem to me that the game is long enough.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Mar 31, 11 1:54 AM
I was also worried it might be a short game based on the size of the trial, but you're only allowed to play through the first chapter in the demo. I finished the demo in 35 minutes and at the end of the demo, it stated there were a total of nine chapters. I actually kind of prefer it when the demo length is limited. I hate purchasing a game that I like only to find out that I've already played through more than half the game in the demo.

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 2:18:24 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Mar 31, 11 3:05 AM
the size of the game is depending of the engine used for making,and quality of pictures and videos!this one is not so"fond of" Mb as phantasmat for exemple!but there is 9 chapters and the demo is only one :i made it in 3/4 hour(but it is the beta,and i did it,so the game was familiar to me)i think,i 'll play the whole game in about 5 hours without hurry and skip
it is pleasant to go out ghosts and vampyres(but i hope to come back soon on BFG's very good horrific game!)

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Mar 31, 11 4:12 AM
yvonnehoho wrote:I like it when people are so positive
I'm still downloading and have no idea how long it will be, but for me the most important is "do I like (playing) the game"...not how short or long it is

Couldn't agree more!!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 31, 11 5:26 AM
rhorho wrote:Ditto WolfenRaindancer. I take my time and enjoy the game. If I want to speed race, I play arcade games or watch something on my DVR and fastforward thru the commercials.

Love this, especially about the commecials, I like doing that as well!

marciabb
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by marciabb on Apr 2, 11 3:48 AM
Just finished the game and it's not short, it's rather long, could't finishe it yesterday..I just loved it !

[Post New]by shadedPhoenix on Apr 2, 11 4:10 AM
marciabb wrote:Just finished the game and it's not short, it's rather long, could't finishe it yesterday..I just loved it !

i agree it is not short. it took me awhile, and i absolutely loved every minute of it.

sokjeff
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by sokjeff on Apr 2, 11 6:35 AM
If you lok at the size of the file it is important to look at it in the system requirements section. In this game the file size is about 470. The game is rather detailed and large.

[Post New]by dianafromtexas on Apr 8, 11 3:35 PM
I just downloaded a trial version of this game and there are lots of flashes of bright PINK!!! sometimes taking up the whole screen and sometimes just a square here and there. I suspect that there is a glitch in the game. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I delete and re-download? Usually I will have no time left if I download the game twice so that probably won't work. I got the whale's apparatus off his head and patched the balloon but it is pretty distracting with all the PINK flashing on the screen all the time!!!

Go to: