bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 31, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Mar 31, 11 12:59 PM
It was a beautiful game but i am not sure it would be a CE game the game was pretty much self explanatory also there was no bonus content just the zen game which you play until you get the three trophys at the end. I did get one and quit for a while dont know if there will be some extra play after you finish this game. The only time I had to use the SG was on one game didnt know what i was supposed to do looked everywhere for the ? to tell me couldnt find it.

I will play this again hopefully there will be different things to find in the hidden object scenes
except for the main items you need.

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Welcome to Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Mar 31, 11 1:47 PM
Loved Version 1 and love this one too. The trial version was left me with 24 minutes remaining. I would buy the regular version. Pretty self explanatory only need the strategy guide once.

jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by jackelfish on Apr 1, 11 5:52 PM
I have all six spirit lamps lit, but cannot get into the chasm for the glass dish.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 1, 11 9:31 PM
jackelfish wrote:I have all six spirit lamps lit, but cannot get into the chasm for the glass dish.

Hi jackelfish! I'm not sure the spirit lamps and collecting the glass dishes are connected. Have you checked the strategy guide to see what you should be doing? There is a glass dish near where the Spirit Sparks go, but you just click on the bridge and pick up the glass dish on the post, you don't need the Spirit Sparks to do that.

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Apr 2, 11 7:07 AM
Hi there, I am having a struggle with the sun of dreams, the second set of tasks. I approach the sun and see the path to the right but there is no way to go down that path, so i do not find the hidden object puzzle that the strategy guide describes. I get all the shield pieces and then am told i need to find more crystal dolphins. I went through the strategy guide and see I was supposed to have gotten them throughout my travels when finding the shield pieces, but there were none flying around like in the first part. am i doing something wrong or do i maybe need to uninstall and reload the game? Love the game though, just want to be able to progress from this point.

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 7:16:19 AM PST

Problems

[Post New]by RJArgao on Apr 2, 11 1:40 PM
I keep on getting this big pink square flashing on my screen while I am trying to play the game, has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Problems

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 2, 11 9:12 PM
RJArgao wrote:I keep on getting this big pink square flashing on my screen while I am trying to play the game, has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks

Check the Tech Issues thread. Lots of folks with the same problem. Unfortunately, doesn't look like there is a fix yet, though.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Apr 3, 11 2:28 AM
it has wonderful graphics great story line it was a buy for me, I just hope it is not too short. it is a pity we have to pay for CE to get good games. When the price went up on the ordinary games not CE the quality dropped. even getting some old ones thrown it. Come on Big fish you can do better

jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by jackelfish on Apr 3, 11 11:39 AM
WilJul wrote:
jackelfish wrote:I have all six spirit lamps lit, but cannot get into the chasm for the glass dish.

Hi jackelfish! I'm not sure the spirit lamps and collecting the glass dishes are connected. Have you checked the strategy guide to see what you should be doing? There is a glass dish near where the Spirit Sparks go, but you just click on the bridge and pick up the glass dish on the post, you don't need the Spirit Sparks to do that.

jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by jackelfish on Apr 3, 11 11:42 AM
I already have the glass dish from the post and one other. I need the third dish and the strategy guide says it is in the comet chasm across the bridge. I now have seven spirit lamps and need one more to go across the bridge to the comet and last glass dish.

jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Welcome to Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by jackelfish on Apr 3, 11 11:43 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Empress of the Deep 2: Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by jackelfish on Apr 3, 11 11:44 AM
I do not see a FAQ on the right.

[Post New]by teresaschi on Apr 3, 11 2:42 PM
I cant find the crystal to open the door to the summer child. So basically I can't open the winter door. I opened the 1st 3 doors...when I go up the stairs case...I need the crystal that goes in the left alcove. Driving me crazy.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 3, 11 8:24 PM
teresaschi wrote:I cant find the crystal to open the door to the summer child. So basically I can't open the winter door. I opened the 1st 3 doors...when I go up the stairs case...I need the crystal that goes in the left alcove. Driving me crazy.

I think you're saying you need the crystal to open the alcove to the fall and winter children, not summer?

If so, the Red Crystal is found in winter above the door to Pandora's Palace (the door that needs a seahorse). You should be able to open the winter door before you open the alcove to the fall and winter children.

[Post New]by pazuzu1romrem on Apr 5, 11 9:05 PM
WilJul wrote:
teresaschi wrote:I cant find the crystal to open the door to the summer child. So basically I can't open the winter door. I opened the 1st 3 doors...when I go up the stairs case...I need the crystal that goes in the left alcove. Driving me crazy.

I think you're saying you need the crystal to open the alcove to the fall and winter children, not summer?

If so, the Red Crystal is found in winter above the door to Pandora's Palace (the door that needs a seahorse). You should be able to open the winter door before you open the alcove to the fall and winter children.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 5, 11 9:20 PM
jackelfish wrote:I already have the glass dish from the post and one other. I need the third dish and the strategy guide says it is in the comet chasm across the bridge. I now have seven spirit lamps and need one more to go across the bridge to the comet and last glass dish.

Hi again, jackelfish, not sure if you've figured this out yet...
but the 1st glass disc is in the HOG scene after you cross the bridge into Winter, look at the penguins on the right to find the HOG. The 2nd is found on the post at the bridge (you don't actually cross the bridge) just past where the spirit sparks go (you say you already have this one) and the 3rd is found down the stairway on the left on top of the post where the glowing Symbols are. Other than the very first one, there is no need to cross a bridge to get a glass dish, and you pretty much have no where else to go, but to cross that bridge in the very beginning. So, I'm a little confused as to how you're stuck and which one you're looking for.

PS The forum FAQs are indeed to the right of these posts, you may have to scroll up some at this point, look for the box with your forum name in it. Under that you will see the following clickable links:
My Profile
My Posts
My Messages
Forum Rules & FAQ

Hope this helps!

Edited on 04/05/2011 at 9:24:25 PM PST

jevp
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jevp on Apr 8, 11 5:05 AM
I can.t open the vinterdoor and I san,t find the Red Diamond that should go in the olkove to the summerchild. Can anybody help me?

Laraine
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Laraine on Apr 8, 11 5:56 AM
Unable to find the non CE version.

Are we going to have now every game being CE?

If you just want to rise the price, why don't you simply do so.

[Post New]by precious03 on Apr 8, 11 8:36 PM
My hints keep telling me to place all the snowflakes on the wall in the chasm. Problem is I haven't found enough and allot of the areas are cleared. Also I have seven of the sparks and can't find the 8th
Its not right to not have a walk through especially because of the cost.

Go to: