bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 31, 11 12:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 31, 11 2:18 AM
This thread looked really lonely...not one technical difficulty posted so far. Ain't that nice??

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by cateyes51 on Mar 31, 11 3:36 AM
Sorry to say but I had problems with the game. I kept getting flashs of a pink screen or a full pink screen which didn't allow me to see anything. So till this gets fixed i guess it's a no buy for me.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Mar 31, 11 4:17 AM
had a bit of a problem at the first hidden object scene...took ages to load but seems ok now

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Mar 31, 11 5:29 AM
I too, got the 'pink screen of death' super annoying. Got a head ache in 20 ins.. Guess I was hoping it'll fix by itself..
Waiting for the SE to see.

Annie

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 31, 11 5:47 AM
Count me as a "pink screen" victim, too. Sometimes, it's small, flashing pink blocks (when focusing on the talking dolphin); other times, the entire screen goes pink except for the white directional arrows. Think I'll send a green envelope to CS.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 31, 11 7:15 AM
Try to uninstall and reinstall again. Maybe it works!

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Mar 31, 11 7:57 AM
After getting the red jewels and returning to the Main Hub there is no lighted statue as the stratagy guide says there will be.
Please advice.
I have already deleted and redownloaded and changed the players name twice. Nothing seems to help.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by jdelbove on Mar 31, 11 8:16 AM
I have absolutely no sound wit this game. I have checked everything in OPTIONS and have checked my volume controls but still no sound. I also seem to be going around in circles with this game. Although I usually love and buy the CE games, I'm afraid this one is a no go for me.

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 9:01:30 AM PST

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Mar 31, 11 8:45 AM
I'm getting the pink screen flashes as well. VERY ANNOYING. I played the first one and was looking forward to this one so I dl the demo, but now I'm not sure. How long do the pink screens last - do they disappear after the scenes with the talking dolphin?

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Mar 31, 11 9:03 AM
I wish I could HEAR the Dolphin talk or hear anything for that matter but after uninstalling & reinstalling, the game is still mute, so I guess this one will be deleted. Too bad, it looked like it might be a decent game. :-(

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by jdelbove on Mar 31, 11 9:03 AM
I wish I could HEAR the Dolphin talk or hear anything for that matter but after uninstalling & reinstalling, the game is still mute, so I guess this one will be deleted.
Too bad, it looked like it might be a decent game. :-(

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 9:04:32 AM PST

MickyTeddy
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MickyTeddy on Mar 31, 11 9:19 AM
A Mac player.
Like many games in recent months no cursor on fullscreen and will not window with keyboard shortcut.
Shame.
Enjoyed the first one.
Happening a lot recently too.

hagenme
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by hagenme on Mar 31, 11 9:22 AM
Downloaded the trial and got pink blinking tiles in the screen. I see I am not the only one with the pink tiles. Hope they fix it soon I really liked the first game and was looking forward to the second one.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by pungstress on Mar 31, 11 9:53 AM
hagenme wrote:Downloaded the trial and got pink blinking tiles in the screen. I see I am not the only one with the pink tiles. Hope they fix it soon I really liked the first game and was looking forward to the second one.

Count me in as another pink screen sufferer!
As so many in the C & R thread seem to be enjoying this game without the pink glitch, I can't help wondering if it's some deficiancy in my computer. I am so disappointed as I loved the first one and was very excited to see part 2 this morning!

Edited on 03/31/2011 at 9:54:03 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 31, 11 10:33 AM
Hello everyone,

If you're having pink screen troubles, please write in to Tech Support with a screenshot and a Dr. Felix report so that our reps can better help you with this issue.

*You can click on the bolded words above to find more information/steps.

For those of you having sound issues, please make sure that your computer has been updated; here is a help article with those steps:

Updates

If you're still having troubles, please also get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

raupenban
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by raupenban on Mar 31, 11 10:36 AM
I have gotten to the winter scene and am having problems getting the wheel out of the ice across the bridge from the frozen penguin and 8 places for the sparks. I have tried what it said to in the strategy guide but it won't let me get the wheel out and I can't go any further without it. Please help, any suggestions or is anyone else having the same problem?

[Post New]by jilliepepper on Mar 31, 11 10:52 AM
I too have the pink screen flashes.

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Mar 31, 11 10:56 AM
I went ahead and attached a screenshot of the pink screen to a CS contact email. Not sure it will help, because usually I'm told it's my computer, but thought I would do it anyway. We'll see.

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 2:Song of the Blue Whale Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by DanielBrauer on Mar 31, 11 12:24 PM
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 12:56:19 PM PST

Go to: