bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any Cubetastic technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 31, 11 3:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

shelleyleo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post any Cubetastic technical issues here only

[Post New]by shelleyleo on Apr 2, 11 11:16 AM
Well, trying to launch this game I got an error that my resolution wasn't high xough and the game quit out. I cannot locate any files such as a config.ini (am I looking in the wrong place by looking in the game's installation directory?)

I know for a FACT that my resolution is plenty high enough as it is a higher resolution than most equivilant monitors will go. I am running at 1920x1200 on a 24" widescreen monitor. Most monitors this size only go to 1920x1080 or thereabouts (I know this sadly because I'm trying to find a replacement monitor without losing screen real-estate in the deal).

So, recommendations? I'd really like to give this one a shot, but it isn't important enough that I am likely to bother with contacting support for a solution if it is very much a "one-off" issue for a game that I haven't even opted to purchase yet. A quick google hasn't yet turned up anything but I have another few searches to try before I give up on this game.

(As a tech myself I should add the following: I am on the newest drivers for my video card and OS, directX is up to date, as are all the other bits of software that update regularly)

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 11:20:50 AM PST

[Post New]by twinnurses2 on Apr 8, 11 11:52 AM
i have the same problems
when the game uploads, a message on the screen reads need higher resolution
my resolution is at its max

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 8, 11 12:14 PM
Hey shelleyleo and twinnurses2,

There are a couple of things that you might want to try to see if this will help the game play without that display error message. First, please take a look at the recommended screen resolution settings in this help article:

Screen Resolution

You might also want to try disabling Aero on your system. If this doesn't help or if you'd like assistance with any of these steps, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a screenshot (you can also click on this) and our reps will be happy to further assist you. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by ANGRITZ on Jun 20, 11 3:03 AM
98% COMPLETE. Final 4x4 puzzle solved., but when I move the ball onto the target/goal, game freezes. I have tried 3 times, and each time it does the same thing.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jun 23, 11 9:24 AM
Hey ANGRITZ,

I would recommend checking to see if an update to your computer might help with the freezing. You can find this information in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help you further! It's important for us to get your games working, so please write in if you need further assistance. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

teapartyrules
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by teapartyrules on Jun 23, 11 9:48 PM
I have the same issue and am really ticked off. I had NO problems until I get to level 12. I have solved it THREE TIMES and the light flows upward then the screen freezes and NATURALLY it does not show that I completed the dang puzzle. There is nothing wrong with my laptop. THIS game has a software glitch, I saw an error message once but didn't get a chance to copy it. Tell your tech people, please.

[Post New]by cas46per on May 15, 14 11:33 AM
Level 12 lock up? ME TOO! I love the game it keeps the cobwebs in my brain down to a minimum. Please tell the tecks we solved it and want to move on in the game!!!! Thanks

eddio1942
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by eddio1942 on Sep 30, 14 3:10 PM
just downloaded game after paying for it and when I start playing it stops and jumps backto my desktop screensaver.

[Post New]by jimborasco on Oct 1, 14 7:05 PM
I have the exact same problem! Solved to the last level and it freezes as soon as the light ray shoots out. I've done it 6 times.. I can now do the puzzle in under 4 mins and it STILL won't let me advance. This needs to be fixed or money refunded for a game that doesn't work for so many people. Computer is up to date, all other games running great There is a problem with this game, not all these computers!

[Post New]by china_blue on Oct 7, 14 11:30 PM
I have also purchased this game and love it. BUT, I also have the problem with it freezing durimng the final move of level 12. I contacted customer service, provided all the information they needed, along with screenshot, and ran Dr. Felix. It was suggested that I trash the cache file for the game and restart from the beginning to see it that would correct the problem. I haven't managed to get back to the end again since I haven't had time, but will let others know if this is a fix for this obvious problem.

Go to: