bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Cubetastic

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 31, 11 3:30 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Cubetastic? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Cubetastic

[Post New]by chris122049 on Mar 31, 11 8:07 AM
Well, I just tried this one and it's good enough that I'm going to get it to fill up my punch card. It's different. You rotate the pieces like a Rubik's cube to get your light to a target square. Good graphics. So far instructions are good but achieving the goal can be more difficult then it looks. It took me 81 moves to get one of them but only 4 to 5 on some of the others.

I like it..............

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on Mar 31, 11 11:54 AM
I like it also; except there doesn't seem to be a volume control. I like my sound low because I watch tv at the same time. A buy....next month

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Mar 31, 11 12:01 PM
Not a buy for me for two reasons. first, if I can't turn the music off without completely losing all game sounds, I don't want it. Second, I did not find the instructions on how to turn the "slices" of the cube helpful enough. Kept getting stuck not being able to make a necessary turn.

If it were not for those two things, I would have loved the game.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Apr 2, 11 10:35 AM
The music alone was enough for me to say PASSSS

Marg2
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Marg2 on Apr 3, 11 4:48 AM
The music can be turned off. Find it by pressing the Home button, then Settings. The Home button icon appears in the top left corner after your game has started. If you loved Rubik's Cube, you will love this game.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 3, 11 9:20 PM
I've only played 5 levels so far, and I'm finding it interesting. I hate Rubik's cube, but this starts off simpler. I can already feel some rusty cogs in my brain moving though...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 4, 11 9:19 PM
I've played half the demo so far now. It's not the most fun game I've played, but for me, it's a valid challenge. 3D spacial stuff is one of my weaker skills, so I reckon I'll end up buying it and take the next 10 years to gradually get better at it. It wouldn't be the first game I did that with, and I do feel so smart when I do improve .

[Post New]by jcandre on Apr 8, 11 9:52 AM
I like the challenge in the game but am not impressed with the lack of help when you get stuck eg where do you get the unlock items - can't find them anywhere - where does it show whether I have any and how do you make them work. The help menu could be a lot more helpful than it is.

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on May 26, 11 8:33 AM
I like it so far. I did not like the music either, but finally found where to turn it off, would have definitly been a no buy for me if I didn't find that, of course one can always turn the speakers down. Little icon top right corner like someone else posted. What I am wondering is how hard and complicated it gets. To the point that it is no fun? Plus with no hint button or anything of the sort that's a downer. When I have a game like this, and I get to a puzzle that I have spent an amazing amount of time on only to get nowhere, I tend to lose interest. Possibly if someone posts solutions on utube or somewhere it may just be a buy for me.

[Post New]by AquariusFire on Jun 3, 11 1:26 PM
What am I missing? Level 3 seems impossible.

One of the better brain teasers IMO

[Post New]by Listless_Sleeper on Jun 14, 11 4:02 PM
I love this game! Bought it today.
Really hurts my brain when I get stuck, but the mental benefits to getting better far outweigh the temporary frustration.
Thanks BF!

teapartyrules
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by teapartyrules on Jun 23, 11 11:16 PM
Yes there is NO help when you are stuck, you have to try to solve the puzzle over and over. WELL just wait till you get to level 12. After HOURS I actually solved it. The ball landed on the final square, the light headed skyward, and my SCREEN FROZE. the game froze. No response. THEN it closes. When you reopen the damn game, the puzzle appears again, NOT solved. I solved it three times, each time it froze. There is a MAJOR glitch. Beyond ticked off because NOW I can't unlock the next set of puzzles. Stupid programming.

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 5:34 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – N/A
Music/Sounds – 3.5 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.8 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 20, 11 9:11 AM
This was originally released on the iPhone & iPad, but this PC version has a large black border around the screen. Any idea why?

Go to: