bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Last Galaxy Hero

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 31, 11 3:36 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Last Galaxy Hero? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

texasloony
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Last Galaxy Hero

[Post New]by texasloony on Mar 31, 11 5:36 AM
THIS WAS A FREEBIE ON GAMEGIVEAWAYOFTHE DAY RECENTLY

McKoehn
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by McKoehn on Mar 31, 11 8:19 AM
Am I missing something? You just wait for the targets to get in the right spot and then fire? I can't move my guns from right to left, only up and down.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Mar 31, 11 10:22 AM
What a stupid game! There were no instructions, you just wait for the target to get into the center of the X and start to fire. As previous said, there is no way to move the guns to get the targets. I tried using my arrow keys and that didn't work. It could have been fun, if it was developed more (a lot more!). Don't waste your time downloading, and I wouldn't want this game if it were for free.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 31, 11 4:23 PM
brookings wrote:What a stupid game! There were no instructions, you just wait for the target to get into the center of the X and start to fire. As previous said, there is no way to move the guns to get the targets. I tried using my arrow keys and that didn't work. It could have been fun, if it was developed more (a lot more!). Don't waste your time downloading, and I wouldn't want this game if it were for free.

I agree that the game was not up to my usual standards for this type of game and it was very difficult for me to play even on easy but the game is not stupid and the instructions to play the game is in the Help section which is listed on the main screen.

My arrow keys worked fine in the game but it was hard to target the oncoming ships. This was on easy. Normal was impossible. I finally ended up using a gamepad to play. I did a little better but it was still too hard to target the ships. Trying to hit those ships with the clunky tank was harder to do than learning how to hit an oncoming spaceship in 3D space when both ships are moving.

By the way, if you use the mouse in the game you have to use the A for left and D for right keys as well as the mouse for up and down. That was way too clumsy for me. That combination is just bad programming. If the game was developed in 2005 as the opening screen showed the targeting should have been either by mouse or keyboard for such a simple game. Not both.

This game is a no buy for me, even at $2.99. I give this game
I expected this to be a fun shooter, not a pain in the

[Post New]by joetransam5 on Apr 3, 11 3:40 PM
i can play the game with arrow keys but no save feature go start at level 1 every time no fun

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Apr 5, 11 1:58 PM

This is a good game, but much too difficult. Even while playing on the easy difficulty setting I can only make it to level 11 and then it's game over. Easy? Who you trying to kid?

Trying to destroy the boss ship on level 11 with it's homing missiles and GPS-guided lasers is way too difficult. It doesn't matter how many powerups I collect, which bonus powerups I select after completing a level, or how many repair drones I have, I continually get hammered on level 11. Furthermore, there's no indication as to how much damage I'm doing to the boss ship, or even how close it is to being destroyed.

So, it seems that I'm relegated to playing levels 1 through 10 over and over again. That's the extent of this game for me and I'm sure many others, as well. Let's see, ten levels for three bucks; I guess I can't complain too much, but it would be nice to have some semblance of a chance to see the rest of the game.

If you're going to design a game with an easy mode, then I would suggest looking up the word "easy" before proceeding. A game with multiple difficulty modes should allow players of every skill level to reach the end of the game. Once a player becomes proficient at the easy difficulty setting, he/she can move on to a higher difficulty setting.

Last Galaxy Hero is a nice little shooter, game developers, but you really need to go back to the drawing board and tweak the easy difficulty setting. A young child or an arthritic grandmother should be able to finish the game on the easy difficulty setting. Unfortunately, that's far from reality in this case.

[Post New]by TuffTadpoles on Apr 5, 11 4:42 PM

brookings wrote:
What a stupid game! There were no instructions, you just wait for the target to get into the center of the X and start to fire. As previous said, there is no way to move the guns to get the targets. I tried using my arrow keys and that didn't work.

When you begin playing a level, hit Esc and select Options and then Control. There are two control modes, " A, D and Mouse" and "Standart (standard)". Note that the control mode selector does not show up when you enter options from the main menu; it's only available in options while you're playing the game.

A, D and Mouse: The A and D keys move your ship left and right, and you move the gun up and down with the mouse. The left and right arrow keys can also be used move your ship.

Standart (standard): Moving the mouse left/right moves your ship in those directions. Moving the mouse up/down controls the gun elevation.

[Post New]by Boudrexx19 on Nov 4, 11 5:08 PM
Just as Tufftadpoles says, start game, press esc, then choose options, control, then "Standart". And now finally I can control movement with just my mouse. Thanks Tufftadpoles!

Go to: