New Power-ups

[Post New]by dololem on Mar 31, 11 10:52 AM
I have a problem with 2 of the new power-ups: spiked ball and 3 lead spheres. Each time I use these, even though I didn't miss a shot in hitting the balls, I get a really low score. Maybe I'm not using those the way I sould. Is there anything special about those two prower-ups ? In any case, nothing much seems to be happening when I use them!

Any comment on that?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:New Power-ups

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 31, 11 5:04 PM
Welcome to the pond, dololem

I'm not sure why your score would be low, but percent accuracy does go down for missing or wasting shots on a board. However, I find that sometimes it's necessary to waste a shot or two to make a setup or get rid of a ball or two that otherwise wouldn't fit anywhere. As for the powerups, spiked ball is sort of useless IMO since the idea is that it randomly breaks the chains...but maybe it's just that I couldn't ever quite figure out how to place it to get maximum chain breakage. 3 lead spheres *is* quite useful for clearing straightaways if you aim so that one of the spheres will line up with straight portion of a track, and is a much better chain breaker since it goes all the way across the screen, so aim where there's overlapping parts in the track if there aren't any straight parts. Enjoy!

Re:New Power-ups

[Post New]by dololem on Apr 1, 11 1:55 PM
Thanks for your answer. I know that I loose accuracy percentage when I miss a shot, but when I'm sure that I didn't miss any shots, the % still goes down when I use one of these power ups. I probably miss using them the right way!

New Power-ups

[Post New]by top_agent_pggjr on Sep 5, 12 1:29 AM
dololem wrote:I have a problem with 2 of the new power-ups: spiked ball and 3 lead spheres. Each time I use these, even though I didn't miss a shot in hitting the balls, I get a really low score. Maybe I'm not using those the way I sould. Is there anything special about those two prower-ups ? In any case, nothing much seems to be happening when I use them!

Any comment on that?

The two powerups mentioned automatically kill accuracy as long as they are used. In fact, Lightning Ball also kill accuracy as long as it is used.

Go to: