Re:Post any Rooms of Memory Technical Issues here

[Post New]by Crystal_Snow on Aug 27, 17 9:56 PM
I noticed the same problem with loading after the Firefox update. I saw that penny said to "right click" and enable the plug-in, but where do you do that? Can anyone clarify please? Thanks!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 28, 17 8:47 AM
Hi Crystal_Snow,

Thank you for taking the time to post what is occurring in your game. After the latest update, you should be able to open Rooms of Memory from your browser. If any plug-ins are needed, please refer to the top portion of your browser for the arrow that points down. This will then enable a secondary window to where you can hit Run.

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with details of the issue and a screenshot if able. I'll include a help page below:

Taking A Screenshot

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

lorakeet
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by lorakeet on Aug 28, 17 3:20 PM
Loading fine now! Thank you for answering BF!

[Post New]by LinaPopina on Aug 29, 17 9:31 PM
I can't get in the game :-(

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 31, 17 9:35 AM
Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

lorakeet, I'm glad to hear that the game is loading as it should on your computer. Thank you for providing an update.

LinaPopina, please try to clear the cache of your browser as this has been known to help resolve this issue and get players back to their game. I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below with these specific steps:

Clear Browser Cache

If issues continue to persist, feel free to contact the Customer Support Team. They are always happy to help.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

BillyeLH
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by BillyeLH on Sep 3, 17 12:23 PM
Anyone else having problems with the game not loading? It gets to 89% (sometimes) or less & then just stays at that level! Very aggravating since I just opened a talisman before it stopped working!!!!

Billye

[Post New]by Notenoughfish on Sep 3, 17 12:48 PM
Like Billye, I'm having problems loading the game. It loads to 30% hangs, then loads a bit more, then hangs and starts going backwards! Just now the screen with the daily news came up but without images. Instead there are red boxes with coding info, for example, "no img right_panel.

[Post New]by teetee0228 on Sep 3, 17 2:00 PM
I am having issues also today. 89% is as far as it gets then stops.
Last night everything was fine! Hate this!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 3, 17 3:11 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences while playing Rooms of Memory. It sounds like players are sometimes seeing trouble with the connection to the game with it stalling out at 89% or possibly not loading accurately.

In this case, it's possible that there may be some trouble with communicating with the server to play. This usually clears up on its own and could depend on a lot of factors regarding the connectivity between our player's computers and the servers that control the game. It's possible that refreshing the game to try connecting again can assist, or if you haven't tried doing so, clearing the browser's cache if playing on browser could assist. If you'd like to try those steps, they are linked below:

Clear Browser Cache

Generally, clearing the cache will help with load times for our players, however if our suggestions haven't helped and the connectivity issue seems to persist for some time, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with details of what has occurred. Our teams can gather this data and provide it to the appropriate teams behind the game for their overview and investigation. Thank you for your patience and our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

MayGem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Rooms of Memory Technical Issues with Flash Player

[Post New]by MayGem on Sep 3, 17 4:10 PM
Game worked well most of AM. Then it froze and would not reload. Tried several times from several browsers.
When I tried loading through the game manager I get a message saying that I need to install flash player. But I am playing on Windows 10 pc so Flash Player is installed. The maximum load-up that I can get is 56%
I have in-installed and re-installed, tried different browsers, and just let it sit in loading mode for an hour but I still cannot get to the game.
I have a reward chest that I need to pull before the time expires and I am at my wits end. Does anyone have any more suggestions please?

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Sep 3, 17 4:15 PM
@ bfgIlinalta

The above mentioned problem is for sure a server problem.

I'm on Windows 7, browser Firefox
I installed latest Flashplayer - todays update. No differnce.

Problems occur on both, Firefox amd BFGameManager
Starting screen appears with red boxes, where pictures should appear. Inside white text names images, which should be shown.

Gifting after daychange is blocked. Game shows a never ending swirl.

Hope this helps
Please let us know, when the problem is solved

Edited on 09/03/2017 at 4:18:47 PM PST

MayGem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MayGem on Sep 3, 17 4:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I hope it resolves by tomorrow so that I can get my movie chest and do late gifting tomorrow. So depressing

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Sep 4, 17 4:32 AM
@ bfgIlinalta & active Mod

RoM is back, running as usual - on both platforms named by me

Have a cool & smooth day
Sir Vival

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Sep 5, 17 4:22 AM
Addition to my reply above.

@ users of Windows 7 or lower versions

Firefox will stop supporting Flashplayer within 1 year. An actual version (32-Bit App) is still available and will be downloaded, when you are on Firefox as your favorite browser.

Works fine after System restart. But ..., every restart of RoM slows loading time and your System. After some restarts an error message appears:
Flash Player is unable to ...
In the beginning the message disappears itself, later you have to click at, to proceed.
Restart takes minutes, the RoM starting screen will show red boxes. If you succeed at this point, you may have a screen with missing icons and no location shown, or your normal screen with red boxes, where icons shoutd be visible. Clicking such icons will show swirls.

Solutions:
a) Close your browser, restart your browser - works some times
b) Restart system- Firefox works, like already discribed
c) Use GameManager - my solution

@ Tech Support Team: please test
To be verified and clarified

Thank you
Have a nice day
Sir Vival

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 7, 17 3:01 PM
Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here to address the recent posts. Thank you so much sir_vival for providing the players as well as the Moderation Team updates on what is occurring in Rooms of Memory. It is greatly appreciated that you have also written down the steps that have helped you get back to your game. I'll be sure to pass this along to the Customer Support Team for further investigation. If you have any questions or more information you would like us to provide to these teams, please do not hesitate to PM any of us Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Sep 11, 17 2:41 AM
Firefox

There has been an update, 2 or 3 days ago.
Some surface changes are visible. Maybe background changes may have solved the problem, I posted in an earlier post.

Should be checked.
Solved problems should be reported.

Happy investigating
Sir Vival

jelleyanddogs
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by jelleyanddogs on Sep 11, 17 5:56 PM
Just an update from before! ... still can't load ROM without brown border appearing. Seems to be all about Windows 10 as keeps on asking for flash player on XP. Think the whole problem is that if game was loaded before Windows 10 came out then there's no problems. Now that our computer crashed we have had to reload the complete game and it just keeps on saying we need flash player. Doesn't matter whether it's Google or Firefox or whatever! It's so frustrating as we have been long term players of the game and now we can't play at all unless we want to find objects in a teeny weeny little room! Not worth the trouble! Find it very disheartening as we can load any game except ROM so for us to play we have to pay more than approx. $140. just to get flash player via Windows 10. No wonder the amount of players on ROM is often less than 5,000 yet when we started it was around 17,000. Can't you guys fix this so Windows 10 isn't required!? We are losing so many wonderful neighbours and friends and actually losing interest in playing ROM... shame we may lose an accumulation of 3,000 crystals between Shelley & i plus all the BP items we have got over the years. Please PM me to let me know how to fix this! Thanks

[Post New]by cussingpossum on Sep 12, 17 1:38 AM
I haven't been able to log on for the past two days. First the game loaded until about 40% and then started going backwards! Now it loads up to 89% quite quickly and then stalls. Have tried restarting, clearing browser cache, updating all software and disconnecting and reconnecting my router. Nothing helps. I have no problems loading other sites or games.

Have sent an email to the support team with a Dr Felix report and received a reply (I'm guessing automatic reply) suggesting I clear cache, update software etc

Hope they come up with a solution soon. Already lost one chest last night, hope I don't lose another tomorrow.

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Sep 12, 17 3:43 AM
@ jelleyanddogs
and support team

what you described may happen, when you update Windows.
A system file of your old OS has been active during updating. This file has been locked by your old OS during the update.
The new OS hasn't been able to delete/overwrite this file.
This causes your (error?)message.

A SystemFile refering to your old OS shouldn't be active, respectively not be present on your HD

Your Dr. Felix Report should show the relevant file at the TechSupportTeam.

you may have to update again.

Hope this helps
Sir Vival

Edited on 09/12/2017 at 4:03:51 AM PST

Katwoman991
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Katwoman991 on Sep 17, 17 10:58 AM
Game Locked today - anyone else having a problem??
thx
Kat

9/18 - still unable to load ROM using Google Chrome - pls help me
thx,
Kat

9/18 - UPDATE - FIXED ISSUE - Apparently Google Chrome does majority of it's updates automatically except for updating the Version - I updated it and I am finally in after 3 days. I hope this info can help someone else -))

Edited on 09/18/2017 at 12:28:40 PM PST

Go to: