janierae
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Lost My Game

[Post New]by janierae on Jul 21, 14 6:27 PM
My hard drive died on me and I lost my game. I was on level 29. Now I have to start over. Is there any way at all to get my old game back.

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by rsinfield on Jul 22, 14 10:12 AM
Hello,
My server problems have cleared up (let's start with the positive!).
The social page is still a bit slow, but it also works for me.
However, I've passed a couple levels and have unlocked several new avatars, but when I choose them the avatar does not update. I know this is just a minor flaw but have not seen any posts on the subject, thought I'd let you know.
Also, it is rather time-consuming when the character needs several crafted items, but the items need to be gotten by going through the same HOS screens. Surely you can do better than that!

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jul 22, 14 3:10 PM
Hey! Am I imagining things or have you guys improved the gift giving? I swear I am able to give twice a day now

On the negative side (sorry, but that is really what the thread is about) Why can we still not select the items we want from the HOS? And WHY are the craftings so damn expensive now? Seriously, I lie not, I have spent over 50,000 gold in the last 2 days. One item was 4,000 GP and I received, I think it was, 50 gold for doing it. How bad a tradesman is my character? Please, be a little fairer. Same with the items to open the (whatever they are called) areas - why are the same things repeatedly used - like the Banner of Loyalty - while others (ie: druid hand etc) are used so rarely? I have near 100 of the witches' hands, and am constantly running out of the... the red stone that goes almost everywhere in the new scenes (sorry; I just don't memorise the names)

To finish on a positive note again: day 3 and still no empty lists in the HOS. Bravo - you really seem to have fixed that
Now, about the coins, object names, multiple items......

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Jul 22, 14 3:22 PM
Still freezing and have to end task, especially in social and gifting. Is anyone working on these issues??? Please! It's a neat game but right now is hard to play. Thank you!

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Jul 23, 14 4:10 PM
I had 9 keys for the rock garden and a few hours later I only had 6. I did not use any. Installing the update now, I hope that items disappearing will be fixed! This is not the first time I had something go poof.
I refuse to spend any more of my real money on this game due to items vanishing. It is not fun to spend my real money to advance and then lose them like that.

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Jul 23, 14 4:15 PM
oh yes, I have a friend that has no wish list, yet I know she does. Others show up but not hers.
still installing update so hope it is fixed.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Jul 24, 14 4:21 AM
I installed the new update ..played the game for an hour or so. I got up to level 33 and went to a new Quest. The Game Manager popped up and said Installation failed?? Uninstall and reinstall the game!
Why would the game play if there was a installation failure?
I am reinstalling the game now so I can't run the Doctor Felix as of yet...or can I?

[Post New]by minorcamum on Jul 24, 14 7:27 AM
Have not been receiving daily bonuses most of the time for the last week or so. the bonus appears on screen with a fanfare but when I click OK no money or diamonds are credited. I installed the new update today still hapening. So broke very aware of the problem as I am hanging out for money quite often dont get the flower bonus either.

jen8973
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jen8973 on Jul 24, 14 8:19 AM
DAY 67 AND I STILL HAVE NO WISH LIST OR GIFT LIST ON MY SOCIAL PAGE!!!!!!!!!! the new update did not fix anything when are they going to fix all of these tech issues how long do I have to complain and from what i read from others their tech issues are not going away either come on people I just want to play the game the way it is meant to be played PLEASE PLEASE FIX THE 'CANT CONNECT TO SERVER' PROBLEM PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 24, 14 11:50 AM
In my first game, that I have been playing since Jan, I also continue to get the "No server connection" message every single time I open the game...starts right up with 'retry'. Also have the same empty Social page...no friends, no wishes, no gifts, etc. Yet, the second game, on the same computer, under a different user name, all settings the same, plays fine...most of the time. I too would like this fixed, as I would prefer to have just one game going, and I do want all the bells and whistles.

Am WolfenRainDancer aka A Zen Wolfen

Edited on 07/24/2014 at 11:51:32 AM PST

jen8973
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jen8973 on Jul 24, 14 1:12 PM
Thanks wolf glad to see I am not alone I am to stubborn to start all over when Im on level 31 its a big pill to swallow I am trying to keep the faith that they will actually fix it SOON!!!!!!!!!!! It's hard to give up when you have been playing this game 24/7 Thanks Jenny from California

[Post New]by queenor on Jul 25, 14 5:38 PM
Installed update. Same problems as before. "Cannot connect to server" at start up, and at start of social page, No Wish List or Gift Access in Social Page, Not getting daily bonus. About ready to give up, not nearly as fun as it was.

[Post New]by sdj22088 on Jul 25, 14 6:08 PM
Hello

I downloaded the update today and my game is sitll the same. I am on level 31 and the chaos spirit is telling me that he will talk to me after the update. I have been waiting for two weeks to continue the game. Is there a way that the update can be sent to me again or do I have to keep waiting. I am on the PC game and running Windows 8.1. Everything else on the game is working properly.

Please help

Sandy sdj2208@hotmail.com

Edited on 07/25/2014 at 6:09:53 PM PST

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Jul 25, 14 11:48 PM
i have played 3 days since the update and have not received a single brown stamp, having played every HOS at least 10 times, fed my pets and stuffed airships. Get lots of white stamps, some blue stamps, and an occasional green stamp, but NO Brown stamps despite needing 4 or 5 brown stamps for every quest for advancement. The three stamps I have right now were gifted to me.

[Post New]by charliezee on Jul 26, 14 1:26 AM

hi, i`m on pc beardrune will not allow access, lev 32, cleared all other tasks, and have more than sufficient gold, prof sends me but tick not lighting up, so just get a warning from fire breath lol, cheers

[Post New]by Steve_Go_Yanks on Jul 26, 14 4:27 AM
Still not getting my 10 coins for the 5 flowers, periodically. Seems to happen when flowers are collected too quickly.

gvierg
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by gvierg on Jul 26, 14 9:06 AM
today I won an owl egg on the fortune wheel first spin, however nothing showed up in my inventory. so I spun the wheel again, had to go up to $1500 before the egg showed up again. still nothing in inventory. also have a parrot egg, but in response to friends wishlist it says I haven't got it.
up on level 34, have new computer, windows 8.1

taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Jul 26, 14 1:07 PM
I also have had a blank social page for about two months - frustrating but just one of my MC problems.

Keep trying to install the recent update. Watching game manager, it gets up to 91% downloaded and then drops to 75%. This has been going on for three days now so I can't get the update. In order to get the update, I may have to download game manager AGAIN!

I wish they would offer game manager or games/updates on a disk . As a senior with a limited income, I have dialup so it's more economical. Because it's so slow, it takes me a couple days just to download game manager. Then that screws up my bonuses for playing daily. Prefer my games on disk because the larger games can take me over a week to download.

Bought two games at the beginning of the month and try to spend a couple hours daily downloading - today's the 26th and still haven't completely download either. Please, BFG, come up with that option - I'd pay a little more for the games.

[Post New]by odettemg on Jul 26, 14 3:42 PM
My sister who live in Belgium and do have an account there was unable to buy Diamonds. Is there are a different system over there then here.
it seams that now for this game she is unable to go up.

jen8973
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jen8973 on Jul 26, 14 7:30 PM
DAY 69 MY SOCIAL PAGE STILL!!!! HAS NO WISH LIST OR GIFT LIST AND ALWAYS SAYS CANT CONNECT TO SERVER ON SOCIAL PAGE AND WHEN THE GAME FIRST STARTS. GIVE ME A BREAK BFG THIS HAS GOT TO BE FIXED ITS BEEN OVER THREE MONTHS!!!!! TELL ME WHY IT KEEPS DOING THAT!!!!!!

Go to: