shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for The Fool

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 1, 11 12:12 AM
Take it away you early birds or insomniacs depending on your global location!

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 1:52:44 AM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fool

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Apr 1, 11 12:17 AM
Is Oklahoma global? I'm older and can't sleep very well so I'm up as usual. I have been looking forward to this game for a long time and had it on my list of games to buy. I played long enough to make sure my left-handed mouse works and to discover I will have to change my screen resolution settings each time I want to play the game in order to get it full width on my laptop.

The hidden object scenes are interactive and sort of "junk pile" style. It's adventure and it's just my "cup of tea". When I get my punch card credits I will be purchasing this one.

Enjoy dear friends -- looks like a fun one.

GKj

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by tredzwater on Apr 1, 11 12:19 AM
Hey, Shadowfax, you hit the Insomniac nail right on its non-snoring head!

Well. This was really a lovely game, far superior to many we've seen lately.

I loved the storyline. Don't let the fact that it isn't about "ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night" fool you; this is no kids' game. I actually find myself wanting to know how it comes out and how the Fool becomes a Hero. Also, there is a subtle sense of humor throughout and I sometimes found myself, literally, LOL.

The graphics are well-drawn with the H0s clear and hidden by expertise and not by cheating. I found them enjoyable to look at and, sometimes, difficult to find. I like a H0 scene that makes me really search, while not being frustrating and these fill the bill.

The music was fine and the devs were kind enough to have sound options so I could suit myself. The hint button charges quickly and I found no penalty for overclicking.

All in all, I think that The Fool is a welcome addition to my game collection and a "must buy" for me.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Apr 1, 11 12:30 AM
The Fool on April Fools Day!
I'm another granny that does not sleep. This game looks like a lot of fun. I played long enough to make sure everything worked and now I'm gonna buy it. It's a bit different than what we're used to which is a good thing.
I always wonder how long a game is though. Hope this one is a decent length.

[Post New]by girouard347 on Apr 1, 11 12:34 AM
Thanks, Tredzwater! Excellent review! Sounds like my kind of game and I'm downloading now. I had some reservations because I thought it was geared toward kids, but you convinced me!

cll026497
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Woohoo

[Post New]by cll026497 on Apr 1, 11 12:38 AM
Wonderful game and an SE what more could a fishie ask for

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 1, 11 12:46 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Take it away you early birds or insomniacs depending on your global location!

I am a medium bird, 8:50am in the UK.
Thank you shadowfax

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Apr 1, 11 12:54 AM
This game seams to be a good one. Nice graphics, decent music, a fair amount of humor and nice storyline. Played just 20 minutes because I have to empty the dishwasher right now, but I think "The Fool" is a buy for me. And that's no joke....
Happy gaming fishies, it is a game (after having played the whole demo)

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 2:26:18 AM PST

[Post New]by Cynnana on Apr 1, 11 12:57 AM
Didn't care for the timed game. Would have liked to play for the full 60 min. as is with most of your games. Because of that I have deleted the game and will not purchase it. I've done the same thing with other games that cut into the full 60 min. trial. Would really like to see that process stopped. Was enjoying the game. Graphics were great. It was a little too easy though, so I probably wouldn't purchase it anyway.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Apr 1, 11 12:58 AM
Another game bought. Mind you I really don't mind when they are as good and funny as this one, I really would recommend it to anyone.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Apr 1, 11 12:59 AM
Downloaded the demo and can't wait to try it! But it's 4 am here and I really need to get to bed. Will be back a few hours later on. What I can see by the screenshots, the graphics look good. LOL that's all I can say at the moment. No spoilers guys! I wanna be surprised!

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 1, 11 1:01 AM
i am also a grandma who doesn't sleep very well lol.

graphics were clear and crisp, h o scenes weren't junkpile and there were some items that you had to do something to an item to get it example baked bread (you had to put the bread in the oven to bake) then after it baked you could get the bread.

characters are pretty quirky, click on them and listen to what they have to say. loved the voice that tells the story it puts me in the mind of some of the older cartoons that used to be on tv back in the 1960's. there are 2 game modes easy and advanced.

liked the story line and the music was not over bearing. this is an ihog and a very cute one at that.

will be buying

giving this game 4 out of 5

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 1:01:44 AM PST

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on Apr 1, 11 1:10 AM
Im also a granny who sleeps all day and up all noc. Its 3am in WVA when the game comes out. I like it very much, things to do, places to go. stuff to find and mix.. Some logic for a change. Have a great April Fools Day all.

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 1, 11 1:10 AM
Well, I definitely fit in the Insomniac club here as well! I didn't put the April Fool's Day connection together until someone pointed it out just now! How clever to release it today! I remember beta testing this game a few months ago and enjoying it! For what it's worth it seems they improved a bit on the graphics. I enjoyed it even more the second time around and I will be purchasing the game when i get my game credit or punchcard coupons; whichever comes first. It's an entertaining and delightful game!

I've enjoyed the storyline, graphics, minigames and HOG scenes. The music has a bit of a renaissance flare to it which is appropriate with the times. Some of the objects are not in keeping with the times of the day but they do fit in with the humor of the game. For instance, SPOILER ALERT: Highlight to read: One HOG Scene required you to find a "baked bread" and put it in the microwave. The microwave had a rustic looking lever that you pulled down which "baked" the bread in about a second. I got a chuckle out of it because the bread already looked baked before you put it in the microwave looking "oven" and since when did they have ovens that looked like that back in the renaissance era and since when did microwaves (or toaster ovens, whatever your take on it is) have a huge lever on the side? It was just cute and humorous...which the is in keeping with the "mood" of the game... "Cute and humorous" LOL!

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 1:12:55 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 1, 11 1:12 AM
Options are, SFX control; Music volume; Environment volume. Play in full screen and custom cursor. There is an option for wide monitor correction which was greyed on my PC so I could not test it.
The graphics are clear and everyone should be able to play it easily as the H0 scenes are very clear.
A touch of junkpile but items are easy to find.
I will leave the rest of the reviews to experts.
Well worth the SE price so far.
Have fun all.

ETA I love the interaction in the H0 scenes, like baking bread!
This definitely beats yesterdays CE

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 1:18:50 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 1, 11 1:15 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:Take it away you early birds or insomniacs depending on your global location!

Ooo, seems like Dragons are nasties here!!! LOL.
Not appreciated on the original premise of this game.
Cheers

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Apr 1, 11 1:15 AM
I thought this one better then yesterday's, but then I liked the humour, it made a change. 9.15am uk

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 1, 11 1:27 AM
I like the game and the puzzles. Very funny game. I buy the game when I get my punchcardcode.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 1, 11 1:34 AM
(Hey Peglegann-- I always thought of you as an "expert"--don't sell yourself short!)

I liked this game from the get-go--I'm a fan of medieval/Renaissance lore. And if this is from the same developers who gave us Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates, I'm sold! Thirty minutes into the demo and I've already had a good time (which is now 4:30 AM East Coast U.S.). Great intro, good options (including cursor choice), nice music (lutes and flutes, just what you'd expect); colorful graphics, fair but challenging hidden-object scenes, and the dialogue and conversations have good humor. The W/T counts 76 pages, so that may bode well for game length.

Mild snowy Nor-easter here in New England today, so I guess I know what we'll be doing--Game On!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 1, 11 1:42 AM
elldee2728 wrote:(Hey Peglegann-- I always thought of you as an "expert"--don't sell yourself short!)

I liked this game from the get-go--I'm a fan of medieval/Renaissance lore. And if this is from the same developers who gave us Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates, I'm sold! Thirty minutes into the demo and I've already had a good time (which is now 4:30 AM East Coast U.S.). Great intro, good options (including cursor choice), nice music (lutes and flutes, just what you'd expect); colorful graphics, fair but challenging hidden-object scenes, and the dialogue and conversations have good humor. The W/T counts 76 pages, so that may bode well for game length.
Mild snowy Nor-easter here in New England today, so I guess I know what we'll be doing--Game On!

Thank you but I do miss Goofyduck and hope that her daughter gets well soon, so she can get back to work. Having said that, I know that a lot of fishies write things down as they play and do a really good indepth review that is so helpful to people on limited DL's as DragonLady said in another thread.

Go to: