bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any The Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 1, 11 2:59 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.

Re:Post any The Revenge technical issues here only

[Post New]by solvangjo on Apr 1, 11 8:44 PM
The game did not even come up-never started to play.
I get the game is ended.!!!

[Post New]by neicy9 on Apr 6, 11 6:14 AM
totaly agree with everyone,never had so much trouble with a game since sherlock holmes.amazing I had no problem with the free trial but as soon as I bought it the problems started.having to go out of the game completely then back in when you can't pick up things is getting to be a real pain,trying to perserveer as i have paid for it,stupid me!!!

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Apr 6, 11 2:01 PM
glitches seem to appear the further into the game you go. Found near the end that there were items I could not pick up no matter how many times you clicked on them. Had to quit out the game and go back in for to be able to continue... then almost at the final when I had all the items in the inventory needed, two of them disappeared mid play. As they were collected from hidden scenes there is no way to go back and collect again. The game is on auto save so the only way to retrieve would be to play again.. and that is not going to happen. Its not worth it.... so disappointed. Don't think I have ever abandoned a game before.. but I have now. This is just too buggy ......

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Apr 6, 11 2:08 PM
Your new build is even worse than the old one. I had to remove the old build when I got stuck in a Hidden Object Scene (the hint button indicated what I was supposed to pick up but no matter how many times I clicked on it nothing happened) and I got an error message after it was done saying that not all files had been removed, so I had to do a search and found several leftover files, which I deleted. Then I installed the new version.

Well, naturally enough, I had to start all over from the beginning, which was bad enough, but this time it has even more bugs than before. When I was finished gathering the pieces of the left guard's sword and assembling them, I was left with a piece that stayed in my Inventory. It's still there, and while it isn't doing any harm, it is annoying me.

The hint button has gone completely half-cocked. In my search for the feathers I hit it no fewer than five times and it went down to nothing but did not indicate what I was looking for! If it hadn't been for the Walkthrough I would have had to give up on this game since half the feathers were completely invisible.

So far I haven't run into any more oddities, but really, Big Fish, this game is terrible. Half its features either do not work or do not work properly, and don't even get me started about the atrocious spelling in the Hidden Objects Lists.

I realize that you are not the developer on all the games on your site, but it is becoming increasingly obvious that some developers invest more time and effort in testing their products than others. Perhaps you should consider the possibility of testing all your games before offering them to the public. And if you are already doing so, you need to take action because lately your Quality Control is slipping. Badly.

Oh yes, and when I shut the game down, I got an Access Violation Error Message which NEVER happened with the original version. Bugs, bugs, and more bugs.

rowdygirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by rowdygirl on Apr 6, 11 7:13 PM
[]I too am having problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still I am stuck because it will not let me have objects (no matter how often I click) and items are dissappering and I can not get them back. Also this is all closer to the end of the game, when I enter the castle. I also agree with the spelling. Major frustration. Your games seem to be getting worse (bugs and all).

Edited on 04/06/2011 at 7:15:56 PM PST

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Apr 7, 11 9:09 AM
Okay I give up on this one. I am at the castle and in the scene where you have to free the man trapped in the wall, the HOG scene supposedly gives you eight pieces of chain and a fishing net, which are supposed to go into your inventory for future use. Well I used all the pieces of chain, and like the sword earlier, there is a piece left over that seems to have no purpose. As for the fishing net, it isn't in my inventory at all, and I have shut the game down and restarted three times, to no avail. And without the fishing net, I cannot catch the crow and I cannot proceed with the game.

I am definitely demanding a Game Club Credit on this one; this is without a doubt the worst game BFG has ever released. BFG, if this is a sign of the future for your Quality Control, you are headed for serious trouble.

skb52
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by skb52 on Apr 9, 11 7:18 PM
I began having problems on level 5, several areas of the games did not seem to work. I was unable to find all 10 wheat grains, I followed the walkthrough examiple, nothing. when I freed the guy in the wall, the sparkling bowl message was the same, as if I had never freed him. Up to this point the game worked fine for me. After having looked at the walkthrough and realizing that I would not be able to go any further if I were not able to get that last grain of wheat. I tried starting a new game by creating a new profile, This didn't work at all as the moment I started the game, nothing worked as it should have. I uninstalled the game, re-dowlnloaded it and still couldn't find the last wheat grain. I started a new game and got as far as the graveyard and the sword, It would not allow me to find all the pieces of the sword.... they just weren't there. I give up, this game obviously has many bugs and I just don't have anymore time to waste on it. Something like this really makes me hesitate with regards to the purchase of future games,

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Apr 10, 11 12:13 PM
Really, you had no business charging people money for this unbelievably screwed-up product. I only hope this is not a sign of things to come.

SR13
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by SR13 on Apr 17, 11 5:32 AM
Had to give up on this one as large areas of just blackness so I couldn't see what I was supposed to be looking for. The poor spelling & grammar was also frustrating. Definitely not a buy for me as it needs much more testing before it should have been released.

TrainerDi
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by TrainerDi on Apr 19, 11 10:27 AM
I too am having difficulty. Throughout the games it was not responding properly, and now I can't get the head out of the jar and cannot go any further. If this cannot be rectified please refund my money or give me credit. I await your reply. TrainerDi

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 19, 11 12:23 PM
Hi folks,

If you're having problems with the game even after installing the nwe build, it is best to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) so that our reps can help resolve any further issues with you one on one. You are welcome to also request an exchange/refund at that time. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

ckbmom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by ckbmom on Apr 21, 11 9:23 AM
Hi, game is running but whenever I hit the hint button correctly, it goes down to zero but never highlights the hint!

cpurcell
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cpurcell on Apr 25, 11 8:01 PM
thanks everyone, was considering buying, but after reading all this decided against it, I too have been disappointed lately with games and difficulties, considering cancelling membership.

[Post New]by oneofmine on May 4, 11 10:41 AM
I too did not have probs on the demo, but am having major probs with the game. I have to quit the game and then go back in just to pick up items. The game is not very well thought out. The story line has no consistancy. Items are named incorrectly, for ex: listed was "ladle" but the item was an astrolabe. There were also numerous mispellings. I am so frustrated I am quitting the game. This is the first time I have quit a game and I play a lot of IHOG,HOG,and FROG games. For the first time in my years as a BF customer, I am surprised at this game. BF quality has been so good. Still Love BF, just not this game

bevaa72
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by bevaa72 on Jun 6, 11 10:25 AM
what should I do to make this game workable? the error message said "Display change Failed. The specified mode is not supported by this device."

My pc is xps dell with window 7 on high speed internet.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Jul 3, 11 5:41 PM
I have owned this game for many months but got a replacement coupon for it, shortly after I first purchased it, as I've never been able to get ANY of the chains to attach to the boxcar. Today, for some reason, I'm able to get one of the chains to attach to the boxcar, in the middle of one side of it.

I can't begin to tell you how many hours I have spent trying to get these chains to attach from the boxcar to the wall. It's just one of a long line of technical glitches that they appear to not yet have fixed and, by this point in the process, I'm beginning to give up any hope that they ever will. I'm just half way through this game and have overcome some MAJOR obstacles (at least they felt that way to me, when I was playing this game). Now, I'll probably never know how the game ends, whether a sequel is planned, etc.

The BFG CS staff have run multiple Dr. Felix reports on my computer and they always come back reporting that my computer equipment/software are JUST FINE, yet I'm not able to get several games to play that many other BFG gamers ARE able to get to cooperate. It's frustrating and sad, since there are so few really excellent adventure games, like this one, that are NOT focused on being as gruesome, grotesques, grisly, gory, dark, evil, and occult-riddled, as possible. This is the perfect kind of game for me, but I'm stuck in the middle of it EVERY TIME!

vbats
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by vbats on Jul 5, 11 5:36 PM
I am stuck trying to find the iron rod so I can retrieve the soul of the third night. I have been through the walkthrough scene by scene and still do not have the rod to move the stone in my inventory. I can't go on until I have it but I don't tink it is there to be found. Is it possible that is got left out of the program?

[Post New]by carolebuchanan on Jul 6, 11 10:52 AM
neicy9 wrote:totaly agree with everyone,never had so much trouble with a game since sherlock holmes.amazing I had no problem with the free trial but as soon as I bought it the problems started.having to go out of the game completely then back in when you can't pick up things is getting to be a real pain,trying to perserveer as i have paid for it,stupid me!!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 6, 11 1:23 PM
vbats wrote:I am stuck trying to find the iron rod so I can retrieve the soul of the third night. I have been through the walkthrough scene by scene and still do not have the rod to move the stone in my inventory. I can't go on until I have it but I don't tink it is there to be found. Is it possible that is got left out of the program?

Hi vbats,

Welcome to the pond!

If you've followed all of the steps from the walkthrough and still aren't able to find the iron rod, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but if you don't want to have to start over from the beginning, please feel free to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Go to: