Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Apr 2, 11 12:47 AM
What do my fellow fishes have to say about The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship?

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 8:42:12 AM PST

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by tictacsix on Apr 2, 11 12:50 AM
Morphing Objects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!

27heb49
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship

[Post New]by 27heb49 on Apr 2, 11 1:00 AM
Can't really say much, as I only played 20 minutes before buying. The graphics are great, the FROGs are tiny, but findable and it looks like being every bit as good as (if not better than) the previous TOMI games. The morphing objects were the icing on the cake for me. Have fun, Fishies!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 2, 11 1:05 AM
I began to hate Fracture HOGs, and will blame (removed by moderator) for this; this is the second stunning game that I can't play because the fractures are too small, blended to the background, when the background is darkened on purpose!!!

Yes, this is a rant, (removed by moderator) - Wonderful game, excellent hint system which saves you a lot of headache where to go and what to do, without being stuck and move in circles (just click on the hint button and it will show you where to go) - a game I long to buy...and being depended most of the time on the hint system to find for me super-mini-tiny "lines"!!!

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 5:00:00 PM PST

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Apr 2, 11 1:09 AM
Yay - I also love morphing objects! Cool!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 2, 11 1:11 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:I began to hate Fracture HOGs, and will blame (removed by moderator) for this; this is the second stunning game that I can't play because the fractures are too small, blended to the background, when the background is darkened on purpose!!!

Yes, this is a rant, (removed by moderator) - Wonderful game, excellent hint system which saves you a lot of headache where to go and what to do, without being stuck and move in circles (just click on the hint button and it will show you where to go) - a game I long to buy...and being depended most of the time on the hint system to find for me super-mini-tiny "lines"!!!

What a shame for you I am just off to demo now. I hope that you can find something else to play

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 5:00:46 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Apr 2, 11 1:12 AM
WOW! This game is absolutely amazing! The graphics are so beautiful and clear and the opening is so life like. I LOVE this game. It has everything one is looking for in a great game. Some of the objects can be hard to see, but the hint resolve any issues. Widscreen,sound,music adjustments. I can't find anything wrong with this game. I think it's all that and a bag of chips. lol Don't pass up trying this one. This is definitly a buy, play, play again,, happy happy happy. lol Doing my happy PIG dance. lol

I'd rate this: FINE SWINE

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

‘ ‘
(o)

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Apr 2, 11 1:15 AM
Great graphics, so far liking the storyline, h o scenes not junkpiles. I usually do not purchase FRAG games but this game I may purchase dispite the frag's.

This would have been a perfect game for me if it had voices for the storyline. I agree with other reviewers that some the frag objects are pretty small and hidden very well.

Guess I am on my way to purchase.

Happy game day

Just finished... a real ending for a change. Money well spent played hrs and hrs.

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 6:45:10 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Apr 2, 11 1:23 AM
Number 3 "Mystery Island" from (removed by moderator)--Wahoo! I enjoyed about 30 minutes of the developer's demo and then bought it. The first one was good, the second one was even better (and much longer), so I hope this gem raises the bar even higher!

This is a challenging Fragmented HOG (FROG)/Adventure; the premise is good--60 years ago, a ship was lost at sea, and now, an island is haunted by the ghosts. Our mission--to rid the place of the specters. The intro is one of the best I've seen; the options menu has the good stuff, including cursor choice (game one was a bit sluggish for me). Animated characters move very life-like, but have no voices; the subtitled dialogue fits perfectly with the story, though. Graphics are sharp and colorful--finding the fragmented hidden objects does pose a workout, but the hint system is very good. Locate the pieces of an object, then use it from the inventory to perform an action--sounds simple, right? Gotta put on the thinking cap from time to time! There are morphing objects to find for added fun, and a handy map in the journal. Have yet to encounter a mini-game, but knowing (removed by moderator), they'll be challenging. I noticed that has posted a very welcome, and lengthy, Blog W/T--that predicts several hours of enjoyment!

I probably could've waited to see if a game portal ( ?) would offer this, but I believe in supporting the developers too--in this case, I'm glad I did!

Edited on 04/13/2011 at 5:01:30 PM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Apr 2, 11 1:28 AM
I like the game. It's not an easy one. The objects are indeed very small. I did't see any puzzles yet.

I read that BF on 4e april coming with the punchcards. So, today I buy The Fool and spend a code for this game.

nandog
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nandog on Apr 2, 11 1:33 AM
Just played 45 min. of the demo LOVED It .Will be a buy for me.I even enjoyed the music

Have a nice weekend !

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 2, 11 1:35 AM
the graphics are clear and crisp, the music is not too over bearing it puts you in the mind of older mystery movie music. i only played 35 minutes before i stopped to buy.

there are 56 morphing objects woo hoo. i didn't see a misclick penalty as i was clicking just about everything in one scene lol. this is a frog so you are looking for fragmented pieces and not all pieces can be found at one time sometimes you have to go to other scenes to get something to find the piece in a previous scene (hope that makes sense as i am sleepy lol).

looks like you have 9 characters from the ghost ship that you will interact with. i like the map system as well as it tells you where you are and areas that you still have things to do. the hint recharges quickly.

this is an ihog/frog.

i give it 4 1/2 out of 5

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 2, 11 1:38 AM
As you may have guessed by the above posts this game is a FROG Ghost Story and it comes with the following options:

Music/Sound/Ambient/Screen Resolution/Fullscreen/Widescreen and Windows Cursor.

There are two modes of play Casual (where the hints take 1 minute) or Expert (where the hints take 2 minutes).

The first thing that struck me was when the plane lands and her friend is not there to meet her she sets off with just a torch in her hand to find her own way ...
yes no luggage whatsoever and no bulging pockets ...
wonder where her clean knickers are .

The graphics are excellent but the pieces of objects are very tiny indeed although I haven't had to use a hint to find any ... so far. It should also be noted that the last piece of your object might not be found in the location you are in so I think you will need several pairs of sneakers for this game as the map, while being very helpful, is not interactive.

Sorry I was too busy looking for the "Beyond" (morphing) objects to take notice of the music and sound effects but they must have been acceptable because my speakers are still on .

Anyway this is a definite buy for me .

Cherb

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 2, 11 1:48 AM
I love this series! This may be the best yet. Number two was not as good as the first game for me but this one is wonderful. It does have some very small objects but not enough to put me off. Not all pieces can be found at the same time which is a fun in this series. Love the morphing objects! Good story, beautiful graphics and a sense of humor are all I need in a game. I bought it but did try it first because the second game was a disappointment for me. I played the first game endlessly over and over. I can see playing this one again too.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Apr 2, 11 1:49 AM
Just...WOW...

Firstly, to the one (at this point) negative review...Yes, this is a difficult FROG. So if you don't like them, this isn't the game for you. The pieces are indeed small (Can we borrow the Flux Family Magnifying Glass please?). However, its do-able. My eyes seemed to adjust...though that may be a 2am thing

Anywho...The graphics during the game and even in the cut-scenes are just brilliant. I do believe that this is in my league of BRAVO's like MCFs.

I will definitely be purchasing it. I imagine this will be at the top downloads for awhile.

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 2:05:30 AM PST

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Apr 2, 11 1:58 AM
I find trying to play any of these games on a small screen, like a 15" notebook, is almost impossible. That's why I have a 23 inch monitor.

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 2, 11 2:21 AM
I guess its feast or famon in the gaming world. Another great game and I only released one child in Empress and played five minutes of Fool, now downloading this game. What a busy weekend I'm going to have. Thanks Big Fish, you are loved in the famon and the feast.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Apr 2, 11 2:40 AM
Great reviews thank you.

Cherb said. wonder where her clean knickers are

Is this allowed under TOS? LOL!

I am off to try this now, have a lovely Saturday everyone!

yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Apr 2, 11 2:57 AM
I normally am not a fan of FROGs because the items are way too small. Most of the items were small indeed, but they did a good job of coloring them a little more brightly than some other frogs I've seen. I enjoyed the demo and I will be getting this one when I get my punchcard coupons next Monday.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Apr 2, 11 3:05 AM
Yay! It's here and it's not a CE!! I'm so glad this game is a hit. I beta tested it several months ago and thought it would be a winner. I had a few recommendations that they took (well, probably a lot of testers recommended the same things): adding a journal for notes and things that needed copying, beefing up the hint system a bit on non-fros, and lightening up some of the darker areas hiding fros. Played through a second time while testing with a mind to "break" the game and I couldn't do it. It was very stable, even on my older XP laptop with 1g of memory, which is a good thing, given some of the problems we've had recently. This is a most excellent game--at least for the first two chapters.

Off to buy!

Go to: