bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Adventure Chronicles: The Search for Lost Treasure technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 2, 11 1:03 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

Re:Post any Adventure Chronicles: The Search for Lost Treasure technical issues here only

[Post New]by paradise1 on Apr 5, 11 5:38 PM
Can I get a picture of how to solve the sand puzzle in the Hall of Records? I sure need help!

Re:Post any Adventure Chronicles: The Search for Lost Treasure technical issues here only

[Post New]by onemorebfgsfan on Sep 13, 11 1:38 PM
Is there a new release for this game that makes it compatible with Lion?

[Post New]by confusedhobbs on Sep 27, 11 9:34 AM
I'm stuck in egypt... The maids dress in the item list won't click! I've confirmed the item i'm trying to click is the correct one from the item finder, but it just won't register that i'm selecting it (i'm on an ipad in case that matters). I must admit it doesn't look like a maid's dress...

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Nov 21, 11 4:56 PM
I'm in Blackbeard's cave and have found all items on list - including the 3 keys. But can't open the chest on the left of the screen because the key is missing from inventory. Instead there's a bridge piece - even though all 3 bridges are complete

[Post New]by daddysgirl823143 on Nov 28, 11 11:42 PM
Having problems with the Mayan calendar. The first piece was placed. Now no other piece will go. It constantly has the drag to tap info. Help!

gerrien
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gerrien on Dec 12, 11 12:46 AM
On the NYC docks. The last item I need to find is the compass. I believe it is the item by the boat, but since the boat is not tied up anymore, when I click on it, it just takes me to the Brooklyn Bridge. How can I get this item.
Also, do you have screen pictures? I know I need to dig for the second iron bar on blackbeards sandy beach by the marraca. The problem is I've already found the marraca so I don't know where to dig. I really would appreciate your help.
I love this type game and that you have many like this. I always look for new games with you first. Thank you.

[Post New]by Tiunicorn on Dec 26, 11 8:19 PM
Once I used the shovel to find 1 iron bar on the Sandy Beach, it won't continue to dig to find the 2nd iron bar. I have piles of sand all over & after looking at the walk through to see where I should dig, it still doesn't work. I am not looking forward to starting over so any help would be much appreciated.

[Post New]by davros989 on Dec 27, 11 3:53 AM
I notice there are no replys for peoples problems here but will add mine on the slim chance it does. In blackbeards cave, with the three chests and the stepping stones, there are three broken bridges and three keys, iv found that if you pick up the keys and use them on the broken bridges instead of the bridge pieces it fixes the bridges and uses up the keys making it impossible to complete the puzzle (the bridge pieces will not sadly, open the chests).
Is there a fix for this or do I have to play the entire game again ?

[Post New]by davros989 on Jan 6, 12 3:00 AM
No reply on here and no reply from customer support after several weeks, obviously my problem isn't important

macophile
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

LIVID over Crashed App

[Post New]by macophile on Jan 23, 12 2:37 PM
I recently went on a spree & purchased over 20 Big Fish Games for my new iPhone 4s. "Adventure Chronicles: The Search for Lost Treasure" was one of those games.

The game NEVER crashed until the worst possible time. I had solved EVERYTHING, every level, every treasure was achieved -- then it happened:

I finally made it into the secret cave housing Blackbeard's Treasure -- level complete.

The scene then cut to "Susan" exiting the cave, clutching a bag that, no doubt, had some choice treasure in it. Part of "John" is seen observing her egress from the cave.

I expected some sort of last confrontation, a big payoff, a time when all truth was to be revealed -- instead "Adventure Chronicles: The Search for Lost Treasure" crashes and takes me back to the iPhone's home page. I did not pass go, I did not collect $200 -- I did not get taken back to the museum and I certainly did not get to experience any confrontation outside the cave. All I got was a big goose egg, a big fat zero, just an anticlimactic belly flop that didn't give me any satisfaction in unravelling the mystery -- the goal as I worked through all levels & puzzles.

Was this supposed to be the ending? Exiting the cave to a glimpse of "John" and quitting (crashing, more likely)??? If so, it was a HORRIBLE way to end the game.

If it was a crash (more plausible), is there any way to force the game to replay just the segment from the vast treasure trove in the secret cave & exit again to confront "John"?

PLEASE... Do NOT tell me to replay the whole game again -- that is a worthless cop-out.

PLEASE... Do NOT tell me HOW the game was supposed to end, the details of any confrontation, etc. NO ONE likes to be told how a book or movie ends, and the same thing applies to games -- especially ones where you work like crazy to get to the end, hoping to finally solve the entire mystery.

Perhaps, a bug fix is in order -- or an update to the game to allow replaying individual scenes or the interludes where "Susan" is thinking to herself or speaking with "John"... Would you consider this -- or will I just have to be disappointed with a HUGE letdown?

Edited on 01/23/2012 at 2:39:48 PM PST

[Post New]by Bleu_M_n_M on Jan 30, 12 8:33 PM
Using an Asus Transformer TF101 running Android Honeycomb. In the Hall of Records and unable to break the pottery containing the spider. Tried it with the tablet docked and undocked. There are issues in general on items located along the bottom of the screen.

What's worse, when I click on Support in the menu, nothing happens. Have been enjoying BigFish games to this point, now not so much.

[Post New]by cossy54 on Mar 22, 12 2:13 PM
Bleu_M_n_M wrote:Using an Asus Transformer TF101 running Android Honeycomb. In the Hall of Records and unable to break the pottery containing the spider. Tried it with the tablet docked and undocked. There are issues in general on items located along the bottom of the screen.

What's worse, when I click on Support in the menu, nothing happens. Have been enjoying BigFish games to this point, now not so much.

[Post New]by alliecat1881 on Mar 28, 12 5:27 AM
Sony Tablet (android 3.2.1). Also cannot break the bowl to get the spider in the "Hall of Records". I cannot burn the rope in the corner @ the Lost City of Petra either, and I had a hell of a time trying to cut the boat from the dock in NY thanks to the dialogue box that kept getting in the way. It seems everything is slightly off, and around the edges it becomes a major issue. Of course all these issues are on levels I can only see after I spent $3.99 on this game.

What would help is changing the tools so that their animations aren't what performs a task, the player's "click" is. My finger/stylus is inches away from the item I want to perform the action on when I use the hammer. The alignment for the brush and lighter is off as well. Check out some of the escape the room games and how they set it up. Having the tools represented by a thumbnail in the corner or simply highlighted in the inventory may work better than these animations... maybe just making the tools smaller would help. It looks cool, sure, but it obviously isn't functioning very well. PLEASE FIX THIS GLITCH!! I cannot move on in the game without a fix. Thanks

[Post New]by alliecat1881 on Apr 23, 12 2:55 AM
Found a fix! anyone having object issues on the edges, just zoom in and try using tools again. Worked for me, game completely solved now.

[Post New]by Uhu001 on Sep 2, 12 10:07 AM
I have the same issue. According to another message I read that Lieziek has a picture of it. Where can we find that? It would be nice to receive a link.
Thank you

[Post New]by Cherry_Baby on Sep 5, 12 7:35 PM
I can not get any other puzzle pieces to fit in the Mayan calendar in the Mayan souvenir gift shop. I tried to remove the 1st piece & that won't move either. I can't get the next piece to place anywhere. What next?

[Post New]by StuckAgain111 on Jun 12, 13 2:38 PM
Is there any solution to the Mayian Calendar? The pieces won't stick. Just like others reported. I didn't see any response that works. It didn't help to go to small screen. So here I am, another game I can't complete.

[Post New]by SandyJN on Sep 17, 13 9:34 PM
I am in the Hall of records and I have to break a vase at the bottom if the page and I cannot get my hammer to go that low. Any suggestions?

wduhl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by wduhl on Nov 29, 13 8:44 AM
I am nyc docks, finished all other locations, but the dock won't give me the additional items to search. I only did one column and seems to be stuck. Help!

Go to: