most peculiar message

[Post New]by dopeycustard on Apr 2, 11 9:31 AM
Hi, downloaded and installed the trial of The Fool and it worked perfectly, then purchased it and it installed OK but it won't play. I get this strange screen with squares all over it and the message "(null susan!) what on earth is the matter. Please help

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:most peculiar message

[Post New]by mcurty on Apr 2, 11 9:47 AM
Hi, dopeycustard. This sounds like a real technical issue with this game or your download. Sometimes BigFish will suggest to uninstall and reinstall because something may have happened during the download process to 'mess up' the game.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you contact Customer Service with this problem. It sounds like an issue that needs some 'professional' help from BF. You can use the on the right under 'We're Here to Help!' or Live Chat on your My Account page.

[Post New]by dopeycustard on Apr 2, 11 11:39 AM
Hi Mcurty, have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same old message. BFG just say change the resolution, this seems to be their answer to everything but there is nothing wrong with my resolution, may have to cancel my membership, this is happening too often

hbgroadends
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by hbgroadends on Apr 2, 11 12:11 PM
Hi, DC, this is a shot in the dark, but the problem could be with your video card, particularly if you are having problems like this with more than one game. Most of the newer games that have been released in the last year or so have been much larger files requiring more robust processors, video cards, and RAM. I don't know anything about your setup, obviously, but it seems like a lot of fishies in the pond have older computers (and by older, I mean 2 or more years, which in computer life is old).

Double-check the system requirements and compare them to your setup. If all is well there, then you might have a video card going out. If your card and/or computer setup is relatively new (less than 2 years old), and you have way more RAM and processor speed than the system requirements call for, then it is something else. At least you have something to check out, though.

Good luck!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 2, 11 1:02 PM
Hey dopeycustard,

It would definitely be best to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) to receive help for this game. You might want to attach a screenshot so that our reps are able to see what you're seeing.

As there is a tech issues thread in the Game Forum I'll be locking and moving this thread, but please post any further issues here. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: