hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

Max population?

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Dec 16, 08 8:48 PM
I reached 50 tribesmembers, and when I try to get them to have a baby it says max population reached. Is it because I haven't been to another island yet (i hope) or is that the largest tribe you can have?

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

Re:Max population?

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Dec 17, 08 12:27 PM
Thanks, meemaw. Love your name!! That's what my daughter calls my mom! LOL I was hoping that wasn't the max I could have.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 17, 08 5:28 PM
You're so very welcome, Hilyer

Happy Holiday Gaming

Lady_BunBun
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_BunBun on Dec 19, 08 5:43 PM
I've never seen crates of babies in My Tribe, I have seen them in Virtual Villagers though.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Dec 19, 08 7:36 PM
Please excuse me for nit picking, but VV has barrels of babies and if you will read subject "...What is the "Gift from the Sea"?..." on page two there is a poster who claims to recieve babies in their crates. I myself have not gotten any to date, though I would love some

Happy Holiday Gaming

[Post New]by Coolbis on Dec 21, 08 7:27 AM
i had a max population of 53 at one time and it was fine it has to do with your science points or the stuff you buy them with.

[Post New]by denisse4000 on Dec 27, 08 1:11 PM
can someone tell me why my tribe wont make anymore babies? i've only got 33 people and i'm on my first island. i havent completed any mysteries yet.

MyChicken
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MyChicken on Dec 27, 08 2:04 PM
Your women need a break between having children (3 years) and generally cannot have babies at all after 45 or before they are 18 so I guess you will have to wait until your current babies are a bit older or one of your teenage girls become of age.,

teresab313
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by teresab313 on Feb 12, 09 6:25 PM
I currently have 53 in my tribe. When the population was 49, I dropped the "fertility potion" on a couple of women and then bred them one after the other. Since both couples gave birth practically at the same time, the "maximum population" stop-gap didn't kick in until after all four babies were born.
I wish there wasn't a maximum population It's kinda fun to produce all these twins!

[Post New]by ddbarba on Feb 12, 09 8:32 PM
I got up to 62 tribes people. Here's the trick....

All females able to reproduce need to have the "Twins" Potion used on them first. After you've done that... set both male and females within the age range where they are able to reproduce (ages 18 - 44) to only the science task so they all convene together at the science lab. Make sure those that are too old or young have the Science task unchecked. Then just start tossing them on top of each other to call the stork. As long as they are in "calling the stork" mode - they continue to follow through. Sit back and wait.

Tips - Make sure you have plenty of open huts... I build 12 to 15. Also have the Science station built far away from the huts - they don't waste any time and once you max out it won't let you place them on top of each other any more.
Hope this helps.

[Post New]by mickijoecjr on Feb 13, 09 3:27 AM
I got up to 57 when I was down to 49 people I had three couples produce babies then overnight a couple of times a miracle baby was produced. The real trick is to keep your people alive then the game starts making them for you.

Also I managed to have my eldest tribesperson have a baby she was over 650 and I had just given her the youth potion and accidentally dropped a guy on her and they went off for twins. Surprised me for sure

Keep working at it.

SnowTiger1632
Catfish
Catfish
1,679 Posts

[Post New]by SnowTiger1632 on Apr 28, 09 3:12 PM
Is it normal to get twins without the twin potion? One of my women has had twins and I didnt even know there was a twin potion. lol

chris30s
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by chris30s on Apr 29, 09 8:09 AM
As in real life, twins can happen, even without special help.

SnowTiger1632
Catfish
Catfish
1,679 Posts

[Post New]by SnowTiger1632 on Apr 29, 09 8:26 AM
Thanks, I have two different sets of people and in one I have two women who always produce twins and in the other I have one who always produces twins.

Go to: