[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 3, 11 1:22 AM
Post 'em if ya got 'em...

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Interpol 2: Most Wanted - DD for 3Apr2011 - Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on Apr 3, 11 2:06 AM
I played half the demo, and this one's a "no" for me. Straight HOG. It feels dated. I like the exotic international locations, but that's about it. I don't care for the green PDA interface, or the music and sound environment.

The scenes where you use a magnifying glass cursor to locate 10 or so of the same item were the worst - I used several hints in one scene, which did locate the items, but I still couldn't *see* them - and in another scene I clicked on everything that vaguely resembled what I was supposed to be looking for in order to do it, and again I couldn't really see the difference between the hits and the misses in many cases.

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 2:12:23 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 3, 11 2:08 AM
I lasted 5 minutes - I agree with you. Didn't like the music or the constant flashing.

[Post New]by pacabs on Apr 3, 11 9:52 AM
I agree with both of you. This is a boring HOG. The "find the 5's" was frustrating because I saw "5"s that didn't register as a hit. Some of the "5"s the game accepted didn't even look like "5"s. For me, now even worth the $2.99 DD.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Apr 3, 11 10:40 AM
I'm going to agree with the other reviewers and pass on this one...

It's a straight HOG with no extras at all. The ONLY variety is after every "location" you have a "find 10 of _____" where they give you a "magnifing glass" to search... My problem was the magnify only enhanced the pixels so there wasn't any more detail and it was easier to search with out it (and some of the items are bigger than the circle). Those scenes are tricky too: The "Find 5s" included (2) roman numeral "V", the "find Stars" included real stars in the sky, shadows in the houses that kind of formed a star shape, the word "star", and variations on star shapes (5 and 6 pointed stars and one that looked like an asterick), and so on...

The good news is the hint lets you CHOOSE which item in the list to look for; the bad news is you only get 4 and it seems like a lot of fishies needed more than that.

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Apr 3, 11 11:19 AM
Straight HOG with a TIMER and no option for an untimed mode. Played for 30 minutes and the 24 minutes given to find 18 objects, out of 20, in two different locations was more than enough time. After finding the 18 hidden objects you have to find 10 of something and those were challenging. You are only given 4 hints for all three scenes so recommend not using any in the first two locations. Liked the different location pictures but the graphics were a little fuzzy. If you like HOGs and don't mind the timer, this might be a good game for you but I am going to pass.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 3, 11 2:07 PM
Sorry it's a no buy for me also. I don't do timers especially if all the previously mentioned problems.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Apr 3, 11 9:09 PM
I bought Interpol 1 - Trail of Dr. Chaos even though it too was given a bad rap. Personally I enjoyed it and don't regret the purchase. I do not recall having any serious issues with running out of time to find the items and yes in some scenes I recall wishing there might have been more hints, but I just accepted it as a challenge. I think the reason why pacabs had trouble with the 5's in this game, is because at least 3 of them were the Roman numeral "V". Still, having said all that, Interpol 2 is pretty much a duplicate of the first, instead of being more of a progressive 'part 2' sequel which is why I will be passing it up.

Edited on 04/03/2011 at 9:24:58 PM PST

Go to: