bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Fix-it-up: Kate`s Adventure forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 16, 08 11:00 PM
Welcome to Fix-it-up: Kate`s Adventure forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Fix-it-up: Kate`s Adventure players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

Re:Welcome to Fix-it-up: Kate`s Adventure forum

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Dec 17, 08 2:46 AM
Fun game! Its about time Bigfish released some new time management games

BadWhippet
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Sound problem

[Post New]by BadWhippet on Dec 17, 08 6:11 AM
This is a brilliant time-management game and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Reminds me of the same fun and challenge of the Build-A-Lot series - wonderful!

Oh, but I'm also having a huge technical problem with it too. In later levels, after playing for ten minutes or so, the sound goes haywire. Sounds start looping over and over and OVER. It might just be a car horn, or clapping, or it might be more aggravating like the guy who says "Hey, how's it going?", "Hey, how's it going?", "Hey, how's it going?" over and again - aargh!!!! The only solution is either to turn the sound off completely or quit right out of the game and restart (losing all progress in that level) - only for it to start happening again after a few minutes.

I have a decent PC (Dual Core E8500, 4GB RAM etc) with up to date drivers (running Vista), and this is the first time I've ever encountered problems with a Big Fish game. Can anyone advise on how I can sort this out? It's really marring what is otherwise a super game.

Edited on 12/17/2008 at 6:14:57 AM PST

[Post New]by kathylee44 on Dec 17, 08 6:33 AM
How do I train the employees to work on the convertible? I have all the employees
in the office and I have over $400,000 and over 5000 repair units.

[Post New]by Crowley on Dec 17, 08 7:16 AM
I have trouble getting my mouse to go down to the lower 1/4 of the screen. I can't click on the forward button to proceed thru the story (but can hit return), but am completely unable to click the employee tab and hire more employees. What's the problem?

[Post New]by lorikgator on Dec 17, 08 9:36 AM
I'm having the same problem as BadWhippet, but I have yet another that is beyond annoying and I'm wondering if it's a bug. I've "finished" the game and completed all levels in "Prime Time" and it tells me the final special level is unlocked, but then as soon as I am able to click on it, it tells me it's locked again and I can't seem to do anything to access it. I'm about to contact Live Support I'm so frustrated but I thought I'd try the forums first. Looks like no one else has posted this issue yet but I'm hoping someone can give me some advice!

[Post New]by _starlight on Dec 17, 08 11:21 AM
I seem to be having technical problems as well. The game loads fine. I have my profile. I go to play the game and see the story intro, click Next > Next > Play and the scene loads with the overlay of the goals for the day, but I can't click continue. It does the mouse-over effect when I hover over the Continue button, but it doesn't do anything when I click it. I can't get back from this point and the only thing I can do is Alt-F4 to kill the game. Any ideas for how to actually get to the game?

Edited on 12/17/2008 at 11:25:38 AM PST

[Post New]by rcrntn on Dec 17, 08 1:26 PM
Great game. I'm in the Hollywood level - Level 5 - I have met the goal of the sports cars and cabaros, but they don't total up to the $200,000 rent total. How do I fix this?

[Post New]by tstemster on Dec 17, 08 3:32 PM
I am having techinal difficulites with this game I can play the first and second levels but when I get to the 3rd level I can complete the first part but when it says continue for the second part it goes back to the first part again. What do I need to do.

[Post New]by roback on Dec 17, 08 8:20 PM
@tm501 I've posted you private message with solution not to spoil here

I can only say that it seems to be intentional and there is solution to this riddle.

Edited on 12/17/2008 at 8:22:15 PM PST

reginleif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by reginleif on Dec 17, 08 10:49 PM
Just had to post to say this game is super fun, and I really enjoy it! Just finished the police level... Had to run it in windowed mode though, because full screen gives me really bad flickering.

[Post New]by incrediblyviolet on Dec 18, 08 12:55 AM
I, too, am enjoying this game as much as the build-a-lot series - just different enough to keep my interest. Will keep tuned to the issues stated above.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Dec 18, 08 9:34 AM
Hello! I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having technical difficulties with Fix-it-up: Kate's Adventure. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Dec 18, 08 4:39 PM
Dittos to the good reviews of this game and also to the technical issues. I downloaded and played without incident on a secondary computer, then downloaded on my primary one, where it causes the pc to crash when it's started. I did all the usual stuff and sent an inquiry to customer support with a copy of the dxdiag report. The automated acknowledgement stated that they are behind because of bad weather. Where is BFG based??

Oudespoor
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Oudespoor on Dec 19, 08 5:15 AM
Hi does anyone know how to build the Beach Buggy I have acquired more than enough employees and spare parts, but all it does is bring up the progress bar and then doesn't do anything? What car should I use and must it be fully processed with all the trimings? Without finishing this level I cann't play the last Prime Time Level that I unlocked. Any suggestions please.

[Post New]by CRAFTYLADY98 on Dec 19, 08 7:30 AM
i watched the end when kate is in office and the credits. then it said to be continued.....no bonus level came up.

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Dec 22, 08 5:31 AM
Help! ihave finished all of the levels in Primetime but cant get the last bonus to unlock....am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch in the game?

[Post New]by usmc9911 on Dec 23, 08 10:17 AM

Remember vehicles with stars have an increased value. You need to have atleast 2 cars on the lot with stars to meet 200.000 dollar rent

Edited on 12/23/2008 at 10:19:37 AM PST

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Dec 23, 08 4:17 PM
If you're having trouble getting enough cars with stars, it also works to have an extra sports car, moving one of the cabrios to a sales slot and adding the sports car to the lot at the end. Don't sell the cabrio, though!

[Post New]by Moon_Kitty on Dec 31, 08 1:39 PM
shazoz wrote:Help! ihave finished all of the levels in Primetime but cant get the last bonus to unlock....am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch in the game?

I am having the same problem, I even tried starting over with a different name, I completed everything in Prime Time, it says the bonus level is unlocked and does the cute little graphic but when I try to click the cup, it says that it's locked.

Go to: